New Guy Takeover info

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Leesville, South Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am just running a Stock Tires and skid P1k5. Winch is on order. Should I Skid/Wheels,tires before april?

Reactions: Plumber32
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Regardless of how much you come in with, you'll have a list of sh** you want afterward.

Don't listen to @trigger he's just got a bad case of Pioneer Pox. :D

20180408 153919

(Image stolen from @JACKAL , who I am quite sure stole it from some where else)

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am just running a Stock Tires and skid P1k5. Winch is on order. Should I Skid/Wheels,tires before april?
Skid is #1. Stock bighorn [HASHTAG]#18psi[/HASHTAG]. Winch is convenient. But dont worry too much. Plenty of stock rigs went everywhere there

J

JTW

Skid yes.. It’s like a condom! You might not need it... but is generally waaaay too late when you realize you should have had protection! Tires are a good idea but not something that will ruin a trip.

Lack of a good 1/2” uhmw skid plate could lead to a ruined trip. A flat is an inconvenience but a rock through your oil pan or the wrong hit to the sub trans will fubar your weekend. It all depends on the type of riding YOU like to do. But the reality is maybe you venture down the wrong trail by accident and come to a spot you wouldn’t normally ride but that’s your only option. Sometimes s*** just happens and I prefer to be prepared for the what if. Most of rrb isn’t bad... if you stick to those trails you’ll probably be fine. But what if you get there and don’t want to stick to those trails?

J

JTW

And as a side note... and generally speaking, I may weigh on the side of caution for new folks because those that say, “awwwwa, you’ll be fine”. Typically are in bed and aren’t the ones that are fixing and hauling rigs back to camp at 3am!!!

SKID/EXTRA TIE RODS!!
WINCH
TIRES

Before lights, shiny wheels and bulls*** doodads, these are top things in order new folks should plan to do/have to help improve their riding experience. You might make 100 trips just fine on a stock machine... but eventually one of those items you’re going to wish you had!

MuDSlinger

MuDSlinger

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2019
Richland, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
JTW Did I see somthing about factory break lines being a weak spot?
And as a side note... and generally speaking, I may weigh on the side of caution for new folks because those that say, “awwwwa, you’ll be fine”. Typically are in bed and aren’t the ones that are fixing and hauling rigs back to camp at 3am!!!

SKID/EXTRA TIE RODS!!
WINCH
TIRES

Before lights, shiny wheels and bulls*** doodads, these are top things in order new folks should plan to do/have to help improve their riding experience. You might make 100 trips just fine on a stock machine... but eventually one of those items you’re going to wish you had!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
JTW Did I see somthing about factory break lines being a weak spot?
There has been a few factory brake line failures in extreme situations. The SS brake lines give a LOT better peddle feel when holding back on downhill situations.
The lines @jak9922 builds will solve that problem and give piece of mind when going up or down those rough teails.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Don't listen to @trigger he's just got a bad case of Pioneer Pox. :D

View attachment 165078
(Image stolen from @JACKAL , who I am quite sure stole it from some where else)

I got the Pioneer Pox signs still, @Hondasxs had them at 2016 Pioneer Takeover. :D

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I got the Pioneer Pox signs still, @Hondasxs had them at 2016 Pioneer Takeover. :D
I have a Pioneer Pox sign somewhere also, and the 'bumpy road' one from the 2018 Takeover.
Hope there is another good one coming in 2020, but I do wonder why he dose them every other year.:oops:

Reactions: JTW
MuDSlinger

MuDSlinger

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2019
Richland, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is the best model TYT to buy...8600?

After i order the two battery kit from SXS and the battery what else do in need to get for the dual installation?

these are the cubes recommended right?
2.5-inch Square Cree LED Lights - (Pair | X5 Series)

Has anyone tried the ModQuad skid or should i go with trail armour?

Thanks in advance

Slinger

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
What is the best model TYT to buy...8600?

After i order the two battery kit from SXS and the battery what else do in need to get for the dual installation?

these are the cubes recommended right?
2.5-inch Square Cree LED Lights - (Pair | X5 Series)

Has anyone tried the ModQuad skid or should i go with trail armour?

Thanks in advance

Slinger
There's an entire thread with radio info, here's a link

Let's talk radios again... Pioneer Takeover

I have the ModQuad skid and have no issues with it other than the self-tapping screws suck. You will have to drill more holes in it for drainage as well since there are none other than drain holes for servicing the fluids.

Reactions: MuDSlinger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!