New Guy Takeover info

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is the best model TYT to buy...8600?

After i order the two battery kit from SXS and the battery what else do in need to get for the dual installation?

these are the cubes recommended right?
2.5-inch Square Cree LED Lights - (Pair | X5 Series)

Has anyone tried the ModQuad skid or should i go with trail armour?

Thanks in advance

Slinger

This is the direction I went but I flipped this around so it tucks in to the hole.This is also a plug and Play no real work.

Add-A-Light!, High Beam LED Light Bar for Honda Pioneer 1000.

IMG 3583

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Updated

Option 2 also rents SXSs so if yours goes down or you just want a friend to go you could call and book one.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With a stock intake, should I bring an extra air filter if doing the 100 ish mile loop?

Reactions: Blownzuki
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
With a stock intake, should I bring an extra air filter if doing the 100 ish mile loop?
If you have it on hand wouldn't hurt to bring. If yours is dirty right now just go ahead and change it if not I'd say bring as spare "just in case" 🤷‍♂️

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do the larger cabins like redneck retreat 4 have a bbq grill?

Reactions: TimG
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does everyone coming have to sign the waiver for RRB? Also does everyone have to send a copy of their drivers license?

Reactions: Blownzuki and CMB
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Does everyone coming have to sign the waiver for RRB? Also does everyone have to send a copy of their drivers license?
The waiver is required by the campgrounds for all guests, has nothing to do with Takeover. The DL is typically required if you are going to be a late check in or have rented a cabin, also has nothing to do with the Takeover.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One more question... Does the RRB campground have 92 or 93 gas? It says they have fuel...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
One more question... Does the RRB campground have 92 or 93 gas? It says they have fuel...
Don't know the octane # but they have gas. Doubt 87-93 makes any difference unless running 12:1 pistons. Shell, TA, Pilot all at exit 141 have 93 octane fuel for those 2 guys with C8 vette engine swapped P500

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't know the octane # but they have gas. Doubt 87-93 makes any difference unless running 12:1 pistons. Shell, TA, Pilot all at exit 141 have 93 octane fuel for those 2 guys with C8 vette engine swapped P500
Well mine is tuned on 93... It pings on 87, so it absolutely does make a difference. Thanks anyway... I will call them and ask.

C

coleman4868

This was my first year and as anyone going for the first time it can be a lot to take in and figure out. So I thought I would help.

First lets talk where to stay?
Option 1 (Camping)(Cabins) (Like to party or be around a ton of people)(Not for a light sleeper)
Royal Blue Camp grounds (It is one of the main entrances so a ton of people riding by all night and people partying) They have Gas for your ride but you can get it even if your not staying with them. If you are in a cabin, the traffic doesn't seem to be as bad as long as you don't get one of the ones right behind the store.

Option 2 (Camping) (Have kids want to keep the noise down a little)
Stinking Creek ATV camp grounds (No entrance have to ride the road over to a entrance) But have a little place for the kids to play in the water. Way less traffic)

Option 2 also rents SXSs so if yours goes down or you just want a friend to go you could call and book one.

Option 3 (Camping) (haven't stayed but should be like Option 2 but no water area)
Eagle Rock Resort (Call Royal Blue Campgrounds to book)

Option 4 (Hotel) get food at store less clean up you get the point. Also gas station to fill up on the way in.
Comfort Inn, This is at a different Exit (141) Its a 30+ min ride to everybody and you have to ride the woods. But you have to take some trails. (For a quick trip and you don't mind night riding it a cool way to go) (If you are staying at the hotel learn the rules to street ride this looks like the main place the cops will stop you)

Lets talk a little riding. (You can get a map at Royal Blue camp grounds store)
ways in
27 is at Royal blue camp ground this can be a little much if you have never done anything like this or if the wife and kids are a little gun shy.
13 is very easy if you need a starter run or kids want to get wet. From Royal Blue camp grounds go west or towards the Interstate as soon as you pass the Cemetery sign on the south side of the road you take the next road it looks like a driveway just drive to the end and you are on 13.
10 If you don't turn on 13 and you keep going 10 is right before the Interstate. 10 isn't bad but does have a few spot if new.
12 is Comfort Inn or gas station or Restaurants 10 will take you to 12 see map.

If you are very new or the wife and kids are I would do 13 then turn around go back and take 10 to 12 and get them some ice cream at the store that will have them ready to ride.

Also good info on these maps
Ride Royal Blue MAP INFO - POI's, Unmarked trails, Shortcuts. Pioneer Takeover!

Everyone is super nice
Fill up on Gas everyday (You can ride 20-30miles a day easy)
Bring a few tools I would say no less that a jack, Hammer, crescent wrench, Big zip ties, Pliers, way to get wheel off.
2019 PIONEER TAKEOVER GEARLIST

If at all possible ride with another bike

Info for the Mud base people
Takeover (Mud ride based UTVs)

As far as kids go mine had a great time. They danced till like 10pm on the stage. I didn't see any issues with bring them.

May add more later but this is a good start
Bike?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Here's a little something for the new guys that have never been to the Takeover or to ride on TWRA land in general....

I've skated by on 7-8 trips without buying the permits because I'd never seen any TWRA agents. Well 5 minutes after jumping on trail 1 after unloading at Eagle Rock on the Wednesday before TO 2021, we ran into them checking for permits. It's a $10 fine.... with $313.50 in court costs!

So buy your permit :)

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry just seen this.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well mine is tuned on 93... It pings on 87, so it absolutely does make a difference. Thanks anyway... I will call them and ask.

(Look at the bold spot and underlined)

Lets talk a little riding. (You can get a map at Royal Blue camp grounds store)
ways in
27 is at Royal blue camp ground this can be a little much if you have never done anything like this or if the wife and kids are a little gun shy.
13 is very easy if you need a starter run or kids want to get wet. From Royal Blue camp grounds go west or towards the Interstate as soon as you pass the Cemetery sign on the south side of the road you take the next road it looks like a driveway just drive to the end and you are on 13.
10 If you don't turn on 13 and you keep going 10 is right before the Interstate. 10 isn't bad but does have a few spot if new.
12 is Comfort Inn or gas station or Restaurants 10 will take you to 12 see map.

If you are very new or the wife and kids are I would do 13 then turn around go back and take 10 to 12 and get them some ice cream at the store that will have them ready to ride.

P

Piercej40

May 16, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For the 2022 Honda Pioneer takeover, do I need to purchase a trail permit to ride my P2K-5 ? And if so, can I purchase them before arriving there?

Reactions: Haldog77

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!