P1000 Mud Riding Build 32in tires 34in tires

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I was looking for info about tires fitting I didn't find much info on the bigger size tires. Thats why the name to help others find info. Bought this for my wife and kids for the most part. I have a a 09 Rancher IRS on 30in zillas. Me and the wife stoped riding after kids now they are older 5 and 8 so its time to get back into it. I'm sure many will know most of my info but hope this helps.

2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe 53hours 403 miles
Clearance stock was 13 1/2in high. Measuring from the bolt under the door.
IMG 3344 1 zpsntlnixct

Snorkel was the first thing I added
Parts needed I used part# 14 in link below. Took the one off the SXS to use to make it till the one I ordered came in.
https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-part...0-5-sxs1000m5d-air-cleaner/o/m157687sch939244
Other items. a female to female 2in straight pipe connector Black, 2in black pipe, 2 hard 90s.
The female to female was needed to connect to the #14

IMG 3342 1 zpsdr7abzeg

Came back and added this later will see it in other pics.
Snorkel Kit , Warrior Riser , Best Kits Online

Now for the fun stuff.
IMG 3365 zpscguriajl
IMG 3367 zpsjcfs174q

First the info you need to know Honda wheels are 4/136 lugs are 12mm with 1.5 studs. But most 4/137 will fit. The wheels I got have a 5-2 offset.

First I found a set of 34in outbacks on 17in wheels (Everything I could find online said they wouldn't fit without portals but I had to try and knew I could trade for a set of 32in or 31in easily.)

I decided to go with C-fabs lift/a-arms they are about 2 hours down the road. They claim to give 3in of lift and you can go 32in tires with the kit. (Yes I would buy this kit again)
Honda Pioneer Forward A-arm Kit | CFab

My review on them.

P1000 - C-Fab lift Review.

Being I pickup the 34in tires I ordered the high lifter 2.5in lift also. (Only problem with this lift is I had to take off the radiator heat shield the new one that came out in 2017 not a big deal)
High Lifter 2.5 Inch Lift Kit for Honda Pioneer 1000: SideBySideStuff.com

With the a-arms on and the 2.5in HL lift and 34in tires it had 20 3/4in clearance.
IMG 3395 zpsnwbtlqj1
IMG 3401 zpsu3ueg9hs

Just like I was told it rubbed I took a heat gun and a softball and tried to push the floor pan back to get it to quit but it still rubbed. So I ordered 2in wheel spacers. With normal driving it didn't rub but as soon as I put it on some terrain it rubbed and it rubbed bad. So I gave up on the 34in tires and traded for some 32in Outbacks on the same wheels. Fixed all my problems.
Side Note.
34in Outbacks road rough till about 8-12mph then smooth as glass.
32in Outbacks road smooth all the time.

19 1/4in Clearance with 32in outbacks, C-fab a-arms/lift, 2.5in HL lift.
Pics on 32in Outbacks
IMG 3430 zps2mrogfni IMG 3429 zpslwqztxfi IMG 2887 zps9b4igmme
IMG 3437 zpsrre10mb4

With just the C-Fab arms with the 3in built-in lift and 32s. (((( It stands 17 3/4 tall at bolt in middle of front door. )))) This is after I took the 2.5 Highlighter lift off.

Will add more later.

Last edited:
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice looking machine, but I pray for your clutches, I would get this done ASAP if not done already.

P1000 - VERIFIED - Official Pioneer 1000 Clutch Update!

When I bought it I asked about this they said it hadn't been done. From what I was told you have 3 years. From what I was told its a 2 part deal. A bigger valve body or something like that and clutches but if your clutches are slipping a little and you just can't feel it and you do just the valve body then you can't come back 3 years from now and get the clutches after the valve body. So I said I'll just wait till they go out and get both at one time.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Be careful because your clutches will slip and it wont be noticeable when just driving a long slow keep an eye out when you change your oil
for clutch crud that is what I call it it will plug yous oil pump screen that is what happened to mine and it ended with a spun rod bearing
honda covered it but my ride was gone for a long while not because of my dealer but honda to approve it

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I was looking for info about tires fitting I didn't find much info on the bigger size tires. Thats why the name to help others find info. Bought this for my wife and kids for the most part. I have a a 09 Rancher IRS on 30in zillas. Me and the wife stoped riding after kids now they are older 5 and 8 so its time to get back into it. I'm sure many will know most of my info but hope this helps.

2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe 53hours 403 miles
Clearance stock was 13 1/2in high. Measuring from the bolt under the door.
View attachment 59809

Snorkel was the first thing I added
Parts needed I used part# 14 in link below. Took the one off the SXS to use to make it till the one I ordered came in.
https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-part...0-5-sxs1000m5d-air-cleaner/o/m157687sch939244
Other items. a female to female 2in straight pipe connector Black, 2in black pipe, 2 hard 90s.
The female to female was needed to connect to the #14

View attachment 59810

Came back and added this later will see it in other pics.

Now for the fun stuff.
View attachment 59811
View attachment 59812

First the info you need to know Honda wheels are 4/136 lugs are 12mm with 1.5 studs. But most 4/137 will fit. The wheels I got have a 5-2 offset.

First I found a set of 34in outbacks on 17in wheels (Everything I could find online said they wouldn't fit without portals but I had to try and knew I could trade for a set of 32in or 31in easily.)

I decided to go with C-fabs lift/a-arms they are about 2 hours down the road. They claim to give 3in of lift and you can go 32in tires with the kit. (Yes I would buy this kit again)
Honda Pioneer Forward A-arm Kit | CFab

Being I pickup the 34in tires I ordered the high lifter 2.5in lift also. (Only problem with this lift is I had to take off the radiator heat shield the new one that came out in 2017 not a big deal)
High Lifter 2.5 Inch Lift Kit for Honda Pioneer 1000: SideBySideStuff.com

With the a-arms on and the 2.5in HL lift and 34in tires it had 20 3/4in clearance.
View attachment 59813
View attachment 59814

Just like I was told it rubbed I took a heat gun and a softball and tried to push the floor pan back to get it to quit but it still rubbed. So I ordered 2in wheel spacers. With normal driving it didn't rub but as soon as I put it on some terrain it rubbed and it rubbed bad. So I gave up on the 34in tires and traded for some 32in Outbacks on the same wheels. Fixed all my problems.
Side Note.
34in Outbacks road rough till about 8-12mph then smooth as glass.
32in Outbacks road smooth all the time.

19 1/4in Clearance with 32in outbacks, C-fab a-arms/lift, 2.5in HL lift.
Pics on 32in Outbacks
View attachment 59815 View attachment 59816 View attachment 59817
View attachment 59818

Will add more later.

Looks like it will get around the MS delta pretty well.

Reactions: Bradley-Thornton
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't have great pics of this part but will post some when I get home in a few weeks.

IMG 3364 zps5bmq81ty

Added a set oh these (update The knuckles feel apart on the after a few weeks called Seizmik they sent me new ones said they use a better material now and shouldn't happen again great costumer service.)
Seizmik Strike Side View Mirrors for Honda Pioneer 1000, 1000-5 | eBay

I really like them solid adjust very easy. Can set the tension as you see fit. And I think they look good also.
IMG 3426 1 zps5ojc8zra

In this pic you can also see the the snorkel

You can also see the front blinkers. For my Street legal kit.
honda-pioneer
This kit was super nice, few things to note it direct plugs into you back tail lights so don't order the red lights. Also with this kit I ordered this horn. It lights up blue you have to run a separate wire for the light part of the horn if not it want work correctly. You could do the blinkers also I didn't because when you put the blinker on it clicks so you want forget.
14mm LED Dash Panel Warning Lights Indicator Lamp Red/Blue/Green/Amber/White 12V | eBay

Also added a synthetic rope, fairlead, hook You can see them on the front.
IMG 3429 zpslwqztxfi

Ranger 1/4" x 50' Dyneema Synthetic Winch Rope 6 MM x 15 M for UTV / ATV Winch | eBay

Warn 94245 Hawse Fairlead | eBay

Warn 92089 Premium Winch Hook | eBay

Ordered some graphic from the guy on facebook (at first it didn't look good but it says in the instruction to use a heat gun do this it makes it look way better)

P700 - Pioneer 700 Graphics and Decals

Also added tailgate levelers for the forum they are the bracket style get that style not the cables Honda cables great and the other cables didn't last long on my friends. He has the extender for the tailgate and with the bracket style had to do a little modifying to make it work.
(Look at the 6th post on page1.
Multi - Custom Switch Panels (2017 thread)

IMG 3431 zps1xvdixmo

That all I have till I get some better pics.

Last edited:
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was asked what the Top speed was on 32s. 47mph No Gear reduction

Reactions: Millman13
D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
I was asked what the Top speed was on 32s. 47mph No Gear reduction

Was that in low range, high range, and did you you get that MPH from instrument cluster of another device? Thanks for the information, and your pioneer look awesome!

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Be careful because your clutches will slip and it wont be noticeable when just driving a long slow keep an eye out when you change your oil
for clutch crud that is what I call it it will plug yous oil pump screen that is what happened to mine and it ended with a spun rod bearing
honda covered it but my ride was gone for a long while not because of my dealer but honda to approve it
Where was this clutch crud noticeable engine oil filter or DTC filter or in the oil it self ?

Reactions: pct
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was that in low range, high range, and did you you get that MPH from instrument cluster of another device? Thanks for the information, and your pioneer look awesome!

It was high. It was off the instrument cluster. I don't really see why anyone cares I never go over 25mph but I didn't mind checking just to help out.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Clutch sliced first time out didn't want to say much about it because I had pulled lift off and had it in the shop. Now have new clutches and all upgrades. I have decided to go ahead and get the IGR will be doing it next week while I'm out of town at work.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Going to get the gear reduction in the next few weeks. Will be at work next week and will post some more pics and when I get home next time will post results from Gear reduction. I did a before top speed is there anything else someone would like to see as far as a before and after results?

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine was in the oil and filters both after you drain your oil let it set in the pan for a while and it will settle in the bottom of the pan
hope this helps

R

Rebelyell31

Jan 18, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice looking ride I have the c-fab a-arms coming. Can’t wait to get them on! Why did you take the lift off will they not warranty it with it on there?

Reactions: Spencer357
D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
It was high. It was off the instrument cluster. I don't really see why anyone cares I never go over 25mph but I didn't mind checking just to help out.
Thank you for the information when you get a chance. The reason I ask is out here in Arizona side by sides are street legal. On occasion or use mine to run up to the store when camping I may have to drive a few miles of regular road. I would really like to run a 33 inch tall tire one day with a gear reduction and a top speed of at least 50+Mph, I don’t want to overwork the engine/transmission. Thank you again for your help.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!