Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My thoughts on the IGR.

Specs
With my 32s it would only run 46mph

Info
It had all the gear I wanted before but you can feel the difference.
One thing you will need to know is after it want shift right at first it will stay in a gear if you give it to much gas and hit the rev.
You will need to give it gas then let off to shift till the computer relearns. To me it seemed to learn faster when I used Manual mode.

I didn't really do it for the gear I did it to save the clutches.

Update (the IGR is a little loud it doesn't bother me but it does my wife)

Any other questions just ask?

Last edited:
Reactions: pct
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took the SXS out for the first time. lets just say WOW its a beast. I have a 420 IRS on 31 outlaws and would have trouble in a hole and the pioneer would make it in turf mode. I only needed 2wd a few times and 4wd twice the pioneer is just a different level. Never got stuck got on a stump once but could still back out.

If you look close at the pics you can see I had it waist to chest high in mud a few times. The wife just got the tires in the mud but I needed to know what it could do so I tried it out.

Image11
Image9
Image10
Image12

You can see the mud lines on these.

Image13
Image14

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Snorkeled my exhaust have it clamped on but will end up welding it just what to make sure I like it and am happy with it. Or I may just use exhaust tape. Worked great first trip out. I needed to make it come a little more over so I could lift the back all the way up but its close enough for me. The last pic you will see the exhaust hanger I cut the material and used it between the exhaust and cage rail. Local exhaust guy bent the pipe for me same one that did the 420s. May build a Stainless tip and snorkel down the road I think that would look sick. Also keep in mind the pipe is a little bigger that the tip so I shouldn't have any restriction.

Image1
Image2
Image3
Image4
Image5
Image6
Image7
Image8
Image1 1

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Look at you guys playin' in the mud and in the river!

It's snowing hard here with a 25mph wind making it feel like 10*!!!!!

Reactions: Bradley-Thornton
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Started on the dash and the second battery but didn't get that far been busy. Took kids to Disney and trying to get pool ready for summer.

But I did get started.
IMG 1196

Everyone on this site seems to like the Ram looked a little bulky to me so I went with the ProClip. Hope to get it all wired up next time in.

Magnetic Phone Mount for Cars
IMG 1195

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was asked what the Top speed was on 32s. 47mph No Gear reduction
Help me out here ....... with a top speed of 47 it 'appears' to me the taller tires equaled lower gearing ..... is that correct? Meaning, you would have more 'low end' and less 'top end' ...... like putting a smaller sprocket on front of motorcycle or a bigger sprocket on the rear. Is that correct, or do I have it backwards?

If true, it would please me since I have yet to go above 50mph and would love more torque down low for slower hill climbing.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Help me out here ....... with a top speed of 47 it 'appears' to me the taller tires equaled lower gearing ..... is that correct? Meaning, you would have more 'low end' and less 'top end' ...... like putting a smaller sprocket on front of motorcycle or a bigger sprocket on the rear. Is that correct, or do I have it backwards?

If true, it would please me since I have yet to go above 50mph and would love more torque down low for slower hill climbing.

You are backwards. But being I have bigger tires the speedo is off so I'm going a little faster that 47mph. You will need a gear reduction to do what you are wanting.

Reactions: lbg7602 and BigOL3
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You are backwards. But being I have bigger tires the speedo is off so I'm going a little faster that 47mph. You will need a gear reduction to do what you are wanting.
That is what I was afraid of. But I thought even though the speedo was off (slow), your top speed would still REALLY be the same??? So taller tires will equal LESS low end and more strain on clutch/transmission?

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is what I was afraid of. But I thought even though the speedo was off (slow), your top speed would still REALLY be the same??? So taller tires will equal LESS low end and more strain on clutch/transmission?

Yes less low end more strain on clutch and Transmission. Most say 30s are as big as you want to go without a gear reduction.

Reactions: BigOL3
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never did 30s went 32s as soon as I got the machine. Higher center will tip faster but its not bad with 32s to me.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just ONE more question ..... lol. Before you installed the gear reduction, did you notice much loss of low end torque with the 32s?

I believe this one is in my build but I was happy with my low end before I did the reduction. I did the reduction to help with strain on clutches and transmission.

Reactions: pct and BigOL3
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked this up the other day from a guy on FB don't plan on changing from white right now but for the price I had to have it and I think its a super cool color thought why not. Yes, I did get all the pieces just took a pick of this one.
54327746211  90DE0B05 0E56 4208 9855 BD2A470069D5

Reactions: Eltobgi and pct
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I updated post 41.

I added a IGR 35% to the 420 with the 31s it needed it.

Added the Alien sunshade. The hard top held heat and made the dust come in real bad the top works great.
Update on top this thing is sweet worth the money.
https://www.amazon.com/SUNSHADE-Pioneer-Warranty-Provides-Protection/dp/B078YDYN3J?tag=sxsweb24-20

54716137503  589D9CCD EDAE 42CF B0B3 8C2997B8ED6A

Been working on getting the 1000 to fit in the camper may end up having to take the 2.5 HL lift off and just have the 3in thats but into the A-arms. Its hitting my beds.
IMG 1308

IMG 1310

Last edited:
Reactions: pct
Muleyhunter

Muleyhunter

Lifetime Member
Apr 19, 2018
Lake Kiowa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't have great pics of this part but will post some when I get home in a few weeks.

View attachment 59932

Added a set oh these
Seizmik Strike Side View Mirrors for Honda Pioneer 1000, 1000-5 | eBay

I really like them solid adjust very easy. Can set the tension as you see fit. And I think they look good also.
View attachment 59933

In this pic you can also see the the snorkel
Snorkel Kit , Warrior Riser , Best Kits Online

You can also see the front blinkers. For my Street legal kit.
honda-pioneer
This kit was super nice, few things to note it direct plugs into you back tail lights so don't order the red lights. Also with this kit I ordered this horn. It lights up blue you have to run a separate wire for the light part of the horn if not it want work correctly. You could do the blinkers also I didn't because when you put the blinker on it clicks so you want forget.
14mm LED Dash Panel Warning Lights Indicator Lamp Red/Blue/Green/Amber/White 12V | eBay

Also added a synthetic rope, fairlead, hook You can see them on the front.
View attachment 59934

Ranger 1/4" x 50' Dyneema Synthetic Winch Rope 6 MM x 15 M for UTV / ATV Winch | eBay

Warn 94245 Hawse Fairlead | eBay

Warn 92089 Premium Winch Hook | eBay

Ordered some graphic from the guy on facebook (at first it didn't look good but it says in the instruction to use a heat gun do this it makes it look way better)

P700 - Pioneer 700 Graphics and Decals

Also added tailgate levelers for the forum they are the bracket style get that style not the cables Honda cables great and the other cables didn't last long on my friends. He has the extender for the tailgate and with the bracket style had to do a little modifying to make it work.
(Look at the 6th post on page1.
Multi - Custom Switch Panels (2017 thread)

View attachment 59935

That all I have till I get some better pics.
@Bradley-Thornton Be aware I bought these Seizmik mirrors last August. This last weekend, one of them just fell off. The molded plastic knuckle joint at the base was completely deteriorated. Further inspection showed the other one would also be falling off very shortly. I called Seizmik yesterday. Great customer service. They are aware of the problem and have changed their manufacturing process. So depending on when your's were manufactured, you may or may not have a problem. Probably worth looking at closely for awhile. Seizmik is sending me new knuckle joints. I love the mirrors.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Bradley-Thornton Be aware I bought these Seizmik mirrors last August. This last weekend, one of them just fell off. The molded plastic knuckle joint at the base was completely deteriorated. Further inspection showed the other one would also be falling off very shortly. I called Seizmik yesterday. Great customer service. They are aware of the problem and have changed their manufacturing process. So depending on when your's were manufactured, you may or may not have a problem. Probably worth looking at closely for awhile. Seizmik is sending me new knuckle joints. I love the mirrors.

Same with me mine came apart but they send me new ones no questions asked. I love the mirrors and the costumer services was great.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Few pics from the ride last weekend great times. The new top really shined it was a dusty day and hot. I didn't even feel the heat coming from the SXS like I normally do or the dust coming around bothering me. Truth is I didn't think about it till I went to type this so the top must have done its job. We did have to pull the pioneer out of that hole but thats only the second time Ive had to pull it out of a hole. I did get in some stupid deep water in the pioneer if you look at the pic of my buddy standing beside the tailgate. I had water go over the tailgate with it up only for a few second in one spot but still that was crazy. My buddy was driving showing it off to another guy and I seen it happen I was right behind the pioneer in the rancher.

Side note I think I'm going to pull the 2.5 High lift off and just keep the 3in that is built into the A-arms. Just don't feel that I need it. It has a higher center of gravity now and puts the axles in more of a bind just don't think its worth it. The holes I'm getting stuck in are so extreme it just wouldn't have mattered. May pull them off and see how it does if it gets stuck a ton more in the littler holes I'll put it back on.

IMG 1418
IMG 1419
IMG 1421
IMG 1422
IMG 1423
IMG 1424

Reactions: Eltobgi
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!