P1000 Mud Riding Build 32in tires 34in tires

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off I'm sill loving my Alien Shade roof and with my hard top on can see a big difference in temp as it acts like a barrier for the heat off the hard roof.

I added tent to my top piece of my windshield very happy with it. Did it myself for $30 if it doesn't hold up I can live with that did it a week back so far so good.

Also added two piece windshield extenders really like them.

IMG 5285
IMG 5286
IMG 5295

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Being tomorrow is Flag day. Trump 2020

I used the CB antenna sleeve for my flags but a ton of options.

Old setup
IMG 5224
IMG 5254

New Foreverwave.com setup.
IMG 5292

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
First off I'm sill loving my Alien Shade roof and with my hard top on can see a big difference in temp as it acts like a barrier for the heat off the hard roof.

I added tent to my top piece of my windshield very happy with it. Did it myself for $30 if it doesn't hold up I can live with that did it a week back so far so good.

Also added two piece windshield extenders really like them.

View attachment 207661View attachment 207662View attachment 207663
Does the extenders only give u fully open and fully closed options? Aslo does it hold steady when fully opened while riding the trails? I have a friend that needs something like this for his machine.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the extenders only give u fully open and fully closed options? Aslo does it hold steady when fully opened while riding the trails? I have a friend that needs something like this for his machine.

100% adjustable from 0% to wide open. I ride down the road with them open like you see in the pic pulling it with my truck at like 65mph and it holds very steady more then the stock style did but it maybe because less wind is hitting it head on. But I would say they are very stable. I did trim maybe 1/2in max off the corners of my hard top to make it so I can extend it all the way up if I want.

Reactions: TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
100% adjustable from 0% to wide open. I ride down the road with them open like you see in the pic pulling it with my truck at like 65mph and it holds very steady more then the stock style did but it maybe because less wind is hitting it head on. But I would say they are very stable. I did trim maybe 1/2in max off the corners of my hard top to make it so I can extend it all the way up if I want.
Good deal. He was getting ready to take his windshield off because of the heat. This will fix him up.

Reactions: Bradley-Thornton
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Little info I posted on another page and thought I would add to my build.

So I started out with 2 of these and then upgraded to the nicer stuff I posted above.

Links to the 3 things I started with.

Flag and pole (I cut the poles to make them fit the way I have them/wanted them)

Mount

Holder (I got the black one)
tusk-quick-release-flag-pole-holder-p

Then upgraded to the CB sleeves and better flag setup

Sleeve

Flags
USA

Trump 2020

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What I'm working on.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 8th post I added a street legal kit and 100 post later I finally have a Tag. I live in MS and used Dirtlegal to do it.

IMG 5537

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 8th post I added a street legal kit and 100 post later I finally have a Tag. I live in MS and used Dirtlegal to do it.

View attachment 213684
I hope that works out for you in MS. But if it is registered in SD and you lived in LA., you would come up on the short end of the stick. In La. regardless if the owner lives in another state or the vehicle is reg in another state ...... IF it is in La 50% of the time, the state requires the vehicle to be reg in LA. Yes, it would slid for a little while, UNTIL the local LEOs started noticing a SD vehicle on the roads in their area on a regular basis. Then there would be a 'warning' to get it reg, then a ticket, then towed/stored finally if need be until a La. reg was produced. Hopefully MS laws are different.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope that works out for you in MS. But if it is registered in SD and you lived in LA., you would come up on the short end of the stick. In La. regardless if the owner lives in another state or the vehicle is reg in another state ...... IF it is in La 50% of the time, the state requires the vehicle to be reg in LA. Yes, it would slid for a little while, UNTIL the local LEOs started noticing a SD vehicle on the roads in their area on a regular basis. Then there would be a 'warning' to get it reg, then a ticket, then towed/stored finally if need be until a La. reg was produced. Hopefully MS laws are different.

It could never make it that far I would move before I would be treated like that or better yet see them on count man MS I really don't believe I would even get pulled over I know in most town you want for sure I just wanted to be able to ride in the city from time to time. No way cops will treat you like that where I'm from.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It could never make it that far I would move before I would be treated like that or better yet see them on count man MS I really don't believe I would even get pulled over I know in most town you want for sure I just wanted to be able to ride in the city from time to time. No way cops will treat you like that where I'm from.
LOL, it is not a matter of cops mistreating you. It is the LAW in LA. Most esp. if the veh is FULL time in the state. I suspect MS also requires all FULL time vehicles in the state to be register there esp when the owner also lives in MS. Time will tell.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was asked what the Top speed was on 32s. 47mph No Gear reduction

Being that I drive on the street all the time thought I would give an update.

Top speed was on 32s. 55mph with Gear reduction (This was off the GPS) It may would do a little more like 60mph but this is high in the rpms and I am causing down the HWY. (50-55mph is a comfortable speed when cursing down the HWY)

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did one last test the bike will do 50mph at 6500rpm and at the rev limiter it will run 60mph. (This is off the GPS)

I would like to add that the no gear reduction (on 32s 47mph) was done without GPS. If you do the math that should make the bike run 7-10mph faster at the same RPMs.

Reactions: Isaiah
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for the information when you get a chance. The reason I ask is out here in Arizona side by sides are street legal. On occasion or use mine to run up to the store when camping I may have to drive a few miles of regular road. I would really like to run a 33 inch tall tire one day with a gear reduction and a top speed of at least 50+Mph, I don’t want to overwork the engine/transmission. Thank you again for your help.

See my above post you should have no problem getting 50+ with 33s and gear reduction.

drowheels

drowheels

Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2020
florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Clearance before 17 3/4 after 18in so after settle I would say no extra clearance but you could by tuning the spring tension up.

Added the 814s shocks took them to the takeover for my first ride on them. (They worked way better then stock but I'm still adjusting them so will give a full review at a later date)

I set them at 18 1/2 bolt to bolt (This has to be done with all wight of the sis on the shocks)
(Then 7 rebound and 3 compression)

First off if you don't have a lift this is a job. I had a lift and it was still a job. (Adding shocks is easy setting them is the hard part)

Had to grind a little off the C-fab shock mounts you can see in pics.

View attachment 127924 View attachment 127925 View attachment 127926 View attachment 127927 View attachment 127928 View attachment 127929
have to know how you like the 814 shocks? my 1000-5 is setup a lot like yours and wanted to keep the rear end down on thr rougher trails

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
have to know how you like the 814 shocks? my 1000-5 is setup a lot like yours and wanted to keep the rear end down on thr rougher trails

Its night and day better. When I add 200lb to the back its still a little soft and will rub just a little on hard bumps. I could/need to adjust a little but I alway forget. For the money I'm very happy. If the Sxs was my main toy and had the money I would have got the foxes for simplicity but it may would have rubbed and I couldn't adjust so its hard to say if they would be better. What I can tell you is they do the trick and I'm still happy with them.

M

mswearingen2012

Dec 30, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I was looking for info about tires fitting I didn't find much info on the bigger size tires. Thats why the name to help others find info. Bought this for my wife and kids for the most part. I have a a 09 Rancher IRS on 30in zillas. Me and the wife stoped riding after kids now they are older 5 and 8 so its time to get back into it. I'm sure many will know most of my info but hope this helps.

2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe 53hours 403 miles
Clearance stock was 13 1/2in high. Measuring from the bolt under the door.
View attachment 59809

Snorkel was the first thing I added
Parts needed I used part# 14 in link below. Took the one off the SXS to use to make it till the one I ordered came in.
https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-part...0-5-sxs1000m5d-air-cleaner/o/m157687sch939244
Other items. a female to female 2in straight pipe connector Black, 2in black pipe, 2 hard 90s.
The female to female was needed to connect to the #14

View attachment 59810

Came back and added this later will see it in other pics.
Snorkel Kit , Warrior Riser , Best Kits Online

Now for the fun stuff.
View attachment 59811
View attachment 59812

First the info you need to know Honda wheels are 4/136 lugs are 12mm with 1.5 studs. But most 4/137 will fit. The wheels I got have a 5-2 offset.

First I found a set of 34in outbacks on 17in wheels (Everything I could find online said they wouldn't fit without portals but I had to try and knew I could trade for a set of 32in or 31in easily.)

I decided to go with C-fabs lift/a-arms they are about 2 hours down the road. They claim to give 3in of lift and you can go 32in tires with the kit. (Yes I would buy this kit again)
Honda Pioneer Forward A-arm Kit | CFab

My review on them.

P1000 - C-Fab lift Review.

Being I pickup the 34in tires I ordered the high lifter 2.5in lift also. (Only problem with this lift is I had to take off the radiator heat shield the new one that came out in 2017 not a big deal)
High Lifter 2.5 Inch Lift Kit for Honda Pioneer 1000: SideBySideStuff.com

With the a-arms on and the 2.5in HL lift and 34in tires it had 20 3/4in clearance.
View attachment 59813
View attachment 59814

Just like I was told it rubbed I took a heat gun and a softball and tried to push the floor pan back to get it to quit but it still rubbed. So I ordered 2in wheel spacers. With normal driving it didn't rub but as soon as I put it on some terrain it rubbed and it rubbed bad. So I gave up on the 34in tires and traded for some 32in Outbacks on the same wheels. Fixed all my problems.
Side Note.
34in Outbacks road rough till about 8-12mph then smooth as glass.
32in Outbacks road smooth all the time.

19 1/4in Clearance with 32in outbacks, C-fab a-arms/lift, 2.5in HL lift.
Pics on 32in Outbacks
View attachment 59815 View attachment 59816 View attachment 59817
View attachment 59818

With just the C-Fab arms with the 3in built-in lift and 32s. (((( It stands 17 3/4 tall at bolt in middle of front door. )))) This is after I took the 2.5 Highlighter lift off.

Will add more later.
Do the 32,s rub at all with just the c fab lift

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had already done the softball trick when I put th 32s on this is what I posted that you quoted.

(Just like I was told it rubbed I took a heat gun and a softball and tried to push the floor pan back to get it to quit but it still rubbed. So I ordered 2in wheel spacers. With normal driving it didn't rub but as soon as I put it on some terrain it rubbed and it rubbed bad. So I gave up on the 34in tires and traded for some 32in Outbacks on the same wheels. Fixed all my problems.)

But I have helped others add 32s with C-fab lift it doesn't rub under normal driving BUT it will if you have it turned all the way and get on some hard areas that make your suspension come all the way up (As I did just use a heat gun and a softball to fix it)

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No, but C-fab sells a 2 1/2 you can stack now. I seen a guy say he had a problem come to find out he tighten bolts before letting the SXS down to let everything settle. After you put everything on you should let it down roll it back and forth maybe jump up and down on front and back then while down tighten it all up. I drove mine all over the yard but do as you feel comfortable.

This is interesting... You're doing this to prevent axle binding or overstressing the CV joints? I don't understand how.

Are you tightening everything up while still on all fours, or lifting it back up, then tightening? Thanks

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found your build after deciding to go with C-Fab 3" and 814 Trails. I'm going to stay with my 30s for now. I had two questions on my thread that I'm sure you can answer:

Reactions: Bradley-Thornton

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!