Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update post #20

I was asked about this lift so I thought I would write a review.

Honda Pioneer Forward A-arm Kit | CFab

I like the lift and would buy it again.

Things that I like. Pros

Price is competitive.

3in Lift built in. So no need to buy later or have something else to come undone.

2in forward rake. With that you can fit 32in tire. (High lifter only moves rake 1.5in and will fit 30in tire with the 2in lift you can go 31in tire)

If you get ball joints from C-fab they are OEM Honda and he press them in.

Many paint colors to choose from.

You can use High Lifters 2.5in lift with it.(I did this) (C-fab now makes a 2.5 lift to stack on his A-arms)

Can run 35in tire if you add portals.

Good customer service. Answered all my question and sounded knowledgeable. (I was missing a spacer this may have been my fault but he over nighted me one no questions asked) Read a thread where a guy said he broke one and he took good care of him.

Things I didn't like. Cons

For stock wheels you have to have wheel spacers. (This didn't matter to me but may effect you)

Had to drill a few holes a little bigger to fit the bolts. ( I didn't call him about this for me it was nothing to fix I have the tools)(did end up telling him later)

Paint looks great from 2ft away but if you get up real close you can see some other colors in it where the gun used wasn't cleaned properly. (I called him on this he told me he out sources the paint work and I could send it back and he would have it fixed at no charge) This was just my OCD its not bad at all on a SXS you will never see it from looking down at it. This was very small and would need to be within 6in of the pipe to see it.

Note
This guy lives about 2 hours from me but I do not know him or did I get anything from writing this and I will update if I have problems or fill the need to do so after riding on the lift over time.

Last edited:
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
If I read correctly if I buy the arms and ball joints together they will come in pre-pressed? That might be the selling point I don't have a ball joint press and was going to pay a shop to do the install. Do you think a set of tools and a cordless 1/2 impact and a floor jack will be sufficient to install this? Are there greaseable zerk fittings on the arms?

Sorry for all the questions we just dumped $1056 on the HL lift and a set of 30's it looks like the arms and ball joints will run about the same.

Reactions: Zakatak
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I read correctly if I buy the arms and ball joints together they will come in pre-pressed? That might be the selling point I don't have a ball joint press and was going to pay a shop to do the install. Do you think a set of tools and a cordless 1/2 impact and a floor jack will be sufficient to install this? Are there greaseable zerk fittings on the arms?

Sorry for all the questions we just dumped $1056 on the HL lift and a set of 30's it looks like the arms and ball joints will run about the same.

No problem man.

The lift is built into the a-arms you can't take it off he just moved the shock mount up.

Yes if you buy the ball joints from him he will go ahead and press them in the A-arm for you.

No grazeable zero fittings the arms. It does come with new bushings.

You can do it with them tools but I would add a pry bar and a ball joint pry bar this will save you so much time.

Be safe always use jack stands.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
S

Sly_johnson38

Feb 3, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When installing the CFAB front lower arms did anyone have problems fitting the two spacers and eye bolt between the brackets?

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
No not really seems like they all fit pretty easy

S

Sly_johnson38

Feb 3, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He just told me that they use a happy medium after taking measurements on several types of bikes and that I can grind the spacers to make them fit. That's all well and good if I had a grinder. Wasn't that what I paid him for???

• Dislike
Reactions: Robobrainiac
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Those look really good.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He just told me that they use a happy medium after taking measurements on several types of bikes and that I can grind the spacers to make them fit. That's all well and good if I had a grinder. Wasn't that what I paid him for???

Take a crescent wrench and open it up a little.

S

Sly_johnson38

Feb 3, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ended up grinding down the bolts which worked out good. Then found out the hard way that my pre pressed ball joints did not come with C rings to lock them in. Headed to the tool store to buy a ball joint press. I was also attempting to squeeze on Fox QS3 shocks between the C Fab arms and the 2.5 " HL lift kit but I was unable to get them in and decided to just take the HL kit off. Guess I'll just have to sell the lift kit.

Reactions: Rocket
PawPaw

PawPaw

May 7, 2018
L.A. Lower Alabama
Ownership

1. 500
Got a question. Can you use stock axles with the HL lift and the a arms or do you need Rhino's? I'm thinking of going a little higher off the ground. Thinking mighty hard about getting a cfab lift.

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got a question. Can you use stock axles with the HL lift and the a arms or do you need Rhino's? I'm thinking of going a little higher off the ground. Thinking mighty hard about getting a cfab lift.
You can, many on here do. Just don't expect your axles to last as long.

PawPaw

PawPaw

May 7, 2018
L.A. Lower Alabama
Ownership

1. 500
Not that I was or wasn’t. I guess the correct question was, do the bind with just the cfab lift? That’s what I was needing to know?

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not that I was or wasn’t. I guess the correct question was, do the bind with just the cfab lift? That’s what I was needing to know?

One thing I have seen people do is put everything on and tighten the bolts you need to put it all on lower the bike roll it around push the tires outward then tighten the bolts.

Reason for this is you have it in the air maxed out axels in a bind then tighten it up and set it all down ride and hear it binding you need to let it down let it settle then tighten it up.

Reactions: Magahog
PawPaw

PawPaw

May 7, 2018
L.A. Lower Alabama
Ownership

1. 500
Ordered my cfab lift. I think I'm just going to take the high lifter off. If anyone is interested in a good used lift it will be for sale. Thanks Bradley for the info. Maybe it will stop my 30's from scrubbing on the corner.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered my cfab lift. I think I'm just going to take the high lifter off. If anyone is interested in a good used lift it will be for sale. Thanks Bradley for the info. Maybe it will stop my 30's from scrubbing on the corner.

Where did you order from?

PawPaw

PawPaw

May 7, 2018
L.A. Lower Alabama
Ownership

1. 500
From cfab themselves. Went on their web site and ordered it. Got ball joints already pressed it and the said they could match my proton blue of my 2018 P3.

Reactions: Bradley-Thornton
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Little update so I'm still liking the lift BUT he doesn't put clips on the top upper ball joints when he presses it in and I had one come out this bent a tie rod and broke a CV Axel so if you have his lift take a look and add the clips I was at Royal blue going down 27 it got bad quick.

Besides this I still like the arms just need to fix/add the clips.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!