P1000 C-Fab lift Review.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Little update so I'm still liking the lift BUT he doesn't put clips on the top upper ball joints when he presses it in and I had one come out this bent a tie rod and broke a CV Axel so if you have his lift take a look and add the clips I was at Royal blue going down 27 it got bad quick.

Besides this I still like the arms just need to fix/add the clips.
Had the same happen to me. Didn’t know I had to remove from my old
Ball joints and I remember seeing instructions to do so. There where also no clips on the bottom ball joints either. These are sold separately from the ball joints. The bottom ball joints clips go right blow the grease boot.

Reactions: Bradley-Thornton
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Little update so I'm still liking the lift BUT he doesn't put clips on the top upper ball joints when he presses it in and I had one come out this bent a tie rod and broke a CV Axel so if you have his lift take a look and add the clips I was at Royal blue going down 27 it got bad quick.

Besides this I still like the arms just need to fix/add the clips.
Crap isnt that the steep trail that meets up with 2 and comes out at the church?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Crap isnt that the steep trail that meets up with 2 and comes out at the church?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

27 is the trail coming into Royal Blue. It was a bad day/Fun day crazy how that works.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
PawPaw

PawPaw

May 7, 2018
L.A. Lower Alabama
Ownership

1. 500
27 is the trail coming into Royal Blue. It was a bad day/Fun day crazy how that works.
I just so happened to install my clips. Lucky I guess. I like mine and how it rides on my new carnivores. The Carnivores are doing better than expected at places like Boggs and Wild Country. I probably am not as rough as I used to be on it. Only problem I have is my hem joints squeak periodically! Carnivores are 30's.

Reactions: Bradley-Thornton
B

Bob_54

Dec 28, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Update post #20

I was asked about this lift so I thought I would write a review.

Honda Pioneer Forward A-arm Kit | CFab

I like the lift and would buy it again.

Things that I like. Pros

Price is competitive.

3in Lift built in. So no need to buy later or have something else to come undone.

2in forward rake. With that you can fit 32in tire. (High lifter only moves rake 1.5in and will fit 30in tire with the 2in lift you can go 31in tire)

If you get ball joints from C-fab they are OEM Honda and he press them in.

Many paint colors to choose from.

You can use High Lifters 2.5in lift with it.(I did this) (C-fab now makes a 2.5 lift to stack on his A-arms)

Can run 35in tire if you add portals.

Good customer service. Answered all my question and sounded knowledgeable. (I was missing a spacer this may have been my fault but he over nighted me one no questions asked) Read a thread where a guy said he broke one and he took good care of him.

Things I didn't like. Cons

For stock wheels you have to have wheel spacers. (This didn't matter to me but may effect you)

Had to drill a few holes a little bigger to fit the bolts. ( I didn't call him about this for me it was nothing to fix I have the tools)(did end up telling him later)

Paint looks great from 2ft away but if you get up real close you can see some other colors in it where the gun used wasn't cleaned properly. (I called him on this he told me he out sources the paint work and I could send it back and he would have it fixed at no charge) This was just my OCD its not bad at all on a SXS you will never see it from looking down at it. This was very small and would need to be within 6in of the pipe to see it.

Note
This guy lives about 2 hours from me but I do not know him or did I get anything from writing this and I will update if I have problems or fill the need to do so after riding on the lift over time.

B

Bob_54

Dec 28, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Update post #20

I was asked about this lift so I thought I would write a review.

Honda Pioneer Forward A-arm Kit | CFab

I like the lift and would buy it again.

Things that I like. Pros

Price is competitive.

3in Lift built in. So no need to buy later or have something else to come undone.

2in forward rake. With that you can fit 32in tire. (High lifter only moves rake 1.5in and will fit 30in tire with the 2in lift you can go 31in tire)

If you get ball joints from C-fab they are OEM Honda and he press them in.

Many paint colors to choose from.

You can use High Lifters 2.5in lift with it.(I did this) (C-fab now makes a 2.5 lift to stack on his A-arms)

Can run 35in tire if you add portals.

Good customer service. Answered all my question and sounded knowledgeable. (I was missing a spacer this may have been my fault but he over nighted me one no questions asked) Read a thread where a guy said he broke one and he took good care of him.

Things I didn't like. Cons

For stock wheels you have to have wheel spacers. (This didn't matter to me but may effect you)

Had to drill a few holes a little bigger to fit the bolts. ( I didn't call him about this for me it was nothing to fix I have the tools)(did end up telling him later)

Paint looks great from 2ft away but if you get up real close you can see some other colors in it where the gun used wasn't cleaned properly. (I called him on this he told me he out sources the paint work and I could send it back and he would have it fixed at no charge) This was just my OCD its not bad at all on a SXS you will never see it from looking down at it. This was very small and would need to be within 6in of the pipe to see it.

Note
This guy lives about 2 hours from me but I do not know him or did I get anything from writing this and I will update if I have problems or fill the need to do so after riding on the lift over time.
Why are the wheel spacers required on the stock wheels? Thanks

B

Bob_54

Dec 28, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Will 14" wheels with the same offset work ok?

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why are the wheel spacers required on the stock wheels? Thanks

It says it on his website. Im sure its because of the offset but I had aftermarket wheels so this didn't effect me.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will 14" wheels with the same offset work ok?

Ok its been a long time but I think stock are 6-1 and most run a 5-2 At this point I'm running a 4-3. If you look at the link on the bottom of my comment you will see my build if you read it. It should answer any question you will have it has a ton of info.

dukeANhammer

dukeANhammer

Nov 18, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So i got the c fab kit last night, opened it up and examined everything. I noticed there isn't a mounting tab for the brake lines. Is that just mine or everybody’s? How did y’all secure the brake lines?

evildoctor

evildoctor

May 2, 2016
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I did the same

I replied to one of your other thread but not sure you will see it since it was an older thread. That said...my question was why did you choose C-Fab over SATV? If it wasn't a 3" lift built-in, would you have still gone with C-Fab? Just curious as I'm on the fence between these 2 brands. I'm currently running 31s with a HL 2.5 bracket lift, I wouldn't mind to go a bit higher but not 100% have to...I just want a little more tire clearance between the front tires hitting the wheel well whenever I'm offroad. Thanks

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I replied to one of your other thread but not sure you will see it since it was an older thread. That said...my question was why did you choose C-Fab over SATV? If it wasn't a 3" lift built-in, would you have still gone with C-Fab? Just curious as I'm on the fence between these 2 brands. I'm currently running 31s with a HL 2.5 bracket lift, I wouldn't mind to go a bit higher but not 100% have to...I just want a little more tire clearance between the front tires hitting the wheel well whenever I'm offroad. Thanks

If your just looking at those two hands down I would go C-fab. Now if you get one of the other companies that have heim joints but don't have the lift thats a great question. I have no complains about C-fab other than the C clips I talked about above. But if I could fit 32s and not have a lift I would be all over it being I could always add a bracket lift. (I still may would have went with C-fab but it would be a hard option)

If a little rubbing is the only problem now have you did the softball trick yet. Heat gun the the spots it rubs get it hot push in with the softball hold till it cools repeat. You can even use the tire to hold the ball in place till it cools

Reactions: evildoctor
evildoctor

evildoctor

May 2, 2016
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If your just looking at those two hands down I would go C-fab. Now if you get one of the other companies that have heim joints but don't have the lift thats a great question. I have no complains about C-fab other than the C clips I talked about above. But if I could fit 32s and not have a lift I would be all over it being I could always add a bracket lift. (I still may would have went with C-fab but it would be a hard option)

If a little rubbing is the only problem now have you did the softball trick yet. Heat gun the the spots it rubs get it hot push in with the softball hold till it cools repeat. You can even use the tire to hold the ball in place till it cools

Hey...thanks for the reply. Actually kind of funny story about heating up the spot where the tire was rubbing. When I purchased my P1K brand new from my dealer, these 31 in. tires were already installed which was what caught my eye. That said, the dealer must never taken it out and see if these tires were too big...LOL. Anyways..back to what I was saying, so yes...I heated that area where the tire was hitting and matter of fact I heated up too much on the driver side which i ended up making a hole! LOL.... However I was able to cut that area out and created a new kick panel using some sheet metal where I just riveted everything in place (looked good actually). I was just curious about your decision on going with C-Fab, I mean I kinda like the idea there's a 3in. lift built-in to be honest and the fact I can get them to color match my machine is pretty cool also. If I do let them add new ball joints when making the purchase, I just have to add the c-clips in myself (which I always wonder why not just do that when they install the BJs?) kinda weird...I mean I can't imagine there's a big difference in cost. One other thing I heard is there aren't any mounts/tabs for the brake lines? Also something else I thought I hear people talk about is that there are no grease fittings?...not 100% but maybe this was their first runs in the past? And did you have to go aftermarket shafts? B/C I know SATV mentions that with their arched A-arms it puts too much of an angle on the stock shafts. Anyways, thanks for all your info.

Last edited:
dukeANhammer

dukeANhammer

Nov 18, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey...thanks for the reply. Actually kind of funny story about heating up the spot where the tire was rubbing. When I purchased my P1K brand new from my dealer, these 31 in. tires were already installed which was what caught my eye. That said, the dealer must never taken it out and see if these tires were too big...LOL. Anyways..back to what I was saying, so yes...I heated that area where the tire was hitting and matter of fact I heated up too much on the driver side which i ended up making a hole! LOL.... However I was able to cut that area out and created a new kick panel using some sheet metal where I just riveted everything in place (looked good actually). I was just curious about your decision on going with C-Fab, I mean I kinda like the idea there's a 3in. lift built-in to be honest and the fact I can get them to color match my machine is pretty cool also. If I do let them add new ball joints when making the purchase, I just have to add the c-clips in myself (which I always wonder why not just do that when they install the BJs?) kinda weird...I mean I can't imagine there's a big difference in cost. One other thing I heard is there aren't any mounts/tabs for the brake lines? Also something else I thought I hear people talk about is that there are no grease fittings?...not 100% but maybe this was their first runs in the past? And did you have to go aftermarket shafts? B/C I know SATV mentions that with their arched A-arms it puts too much of an angle on the stock shafts. Anyways, thanks for all your info.
The c fab is 3 inch lift and 2 inch forward rake and the latter is a 3 inch lift with 1.5 inch rake. You will have to add the “snap rings” to the ball joints yourself if you choose to let them press new ball joints in. I let them do it because i wanted a new set in the arms. I actually requested they include new snap rings for the new ball joints along with new castle nuts but their was no reply and they did not include them. There isn’t any kind of tabs for brake lines which i though was odd, like others have stated, using heavy duty zip ties will suffice. I recently ordered my kit and there are still no grease fittings but there’s also isn’t grease fittings on the factory arms. I haven’t run mine yet due to waiting on 2 inch wheel spacers, the wheels i ended up with have a +13mm offset which puts the wheel too close. So as of now I’ll be trying to run with the factory axles/shafts. Here’s a pic of the rear shaft angle

evildoctor

evildoctor

May 2, 2016
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The c fab is 3 inch lift and 2 inch forward rake and the latter is a 3 inch lift with 1.5 inch rake. You will have to add the “snap rings” to the ball joints yourself if you choose to let them press new ball joints in. I let them do it because i wanted a new set in the arms. I actually requested they include new snap rings for the new ball joints along with new castle nuts but their was no reply and they did not include them. There isn’t any kind of tabs for brake lines which i though was odd, like others have stated, using heavy duty zip ties will suffice. I recently ordered my kit and there are still no grease fittings but there’s also isn’t grease fittings on the factory arms. I haven’t run mine yet due to waiting on 2 inch wheel spacers, the wheels i ended up with have a +13mm offset which puts the wheel too close. So as of now I’ll be trying to run with the factory axles/shafts. Here’s a pic of the rear shaft angle

View attachment 190451
OK cool, i guess I never realized the stock arms did not have grease fittings. So from your photo, the angle doesn't seem too extreme but I guess you will find out when you take yours out. Are you running any bracket lift prior to installing these arms also what size tires are you running? Thanks

dukeANhammer

dukeANhammer

Nov 18, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK cool, i guess I never realized the stock arms did not have grease fittings. So from your photo, the angle doesn't seem too extreme but I guess you will find out when you take yours out. Are you running any bracket lift prior to installing these arms also what size tires are you running? Thanks
No bracket lift or anything, pure stock before this.

Reactions: evildoctor
dukeANhammer

dukeANhammer

Nov 18, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can see the left is still stock and the right has the c fab lift, the angle isn’t changed much and will be less noticeable when it’s let down of jack stands

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!