P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Edit 6/25/21 - I was originally going with the C-fab arms. I changed direction to the Texas Tough Customs kit.

Edit 7/24/21 - Removed 814 Trail Series and replaced with Fox QS3s.

just decided to blow a wad of money to upgrade my suspension. The parts are on order, and both companies are saying 3-4 weeks lead time...

But I'm starting the thread now because I'm geeked about this and I can't wait to see how much it changes my Pioneer.

As it stands, this machine rides like a brick, and I have a lot of tire scrubbing when turning.

The current setup:

Highlifter front forward A-arms
Highlifter bracket lift (2.5")
30" Maxxis Liberties
1.5" RBE spacers on front wheels
2" RBE spacers on rear wheels
Stock shocks
Mudbuster XL mud guards
Bad Dawg front bumper

I bought it used with the bracket lift, A-arms, and 30s. I added the mud guards, spacers, and front bumper. I mention them because these additions made scrubbing worse. We'll see how they work with the new setup.

But like I said, it rides like a brick. I've been reading about the improvements people are getting with shock upgrades. Then I learned that you shouldn't run the 814 Shocks with a bracket lift because you lose shock travel and no height will be gained.

Even more importantly, I've read that bracket lifts stiffen your ride by messing with your geometry. I'm generally opposed to a body lift vs. a full suspension treatment in the first place...

So I figure I'm likely riding even rougher than stock, though I've never ridden in a stock Pioneer.

I'll get some "before" measurements and pics up here soon to document where I'm at, then when I get my stuff I'll make it a build thread, and have some follow-up pics, measurements, and observations.

Let's UPGRADE!

Last edited:
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couple quick questions up front:

Does anyone know if anything was deleted from my Pioneer in the Highlifter bracket lift install? I'd guess it was just added parts, and I should be able to remove it and build from there. But the seller didnt give me anything he took off, so if anything was deleted or replaced I'll need to get another part.

Also, I've read that the 814 shock install lifts the Pioneer over an inch. Will this still be the case with the C-Fab 3" kit, as in, I'll actually see about 4" of lift?

Reactions: Lady01 and red1329
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll also have a bracket lift, Highlifter arms, and 3 stock shocks to sell after I'm done, if anyone's interested in them. The front right shock is junk, that's another story...

Last edited:
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is the only recent pic I have in the current configuration. Doors open after blasting it out with the power washer.

Better pics with clearances and measurements to come..

0417211921a

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couple quick questions up front:

Does anyone know if anything was deleted from my Pioneer in the Highlifter bracket lift install? I'd guess it was just added parts, and I should be able to remove it and build from there. But the seller didnt give me anything he took off, so if anything was deleted or replaced I'll need to get another part.

Also, I've read that the 814 shock install lifts the Pioneer over an inch. Will this still be the case with the C-Fab 3" kit, as in, I'll actually see about 4" of lift?
I think your Bolts will be longer than stock If you can find a guy local to buy you stuff he want need the old stock bolts.
Place you can buy parts

Second Question is a loaded question the more you load the springs the more it will raise the it. Front will probably need a little extra due to the bumper weight.
Read post #81 (If you read my full build I have a ton of info)

I would also like to add you may rub more if you are rubbing on the front bumper.

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
I'll also have a bracket lift, Highlifter arms, and 3 stock shocks to sell after I'm done, if anyone's interested in them. The front right stock is junk, that's another story...

Let me know about the arms and bracket lift...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think your Bolts will be longer than stock If you can find a guy local to buy you stuff he want need the old stock bolts.
Place you can buy parts

Second Question is a loaded question the more you load the springs the more it will raise the it. Front will probably need a little extra due to the bumper weight.
Read post #81 (If you read my full build I have a ton of info)

I would also like to add you may rub more if you are rubbing on the front bumper.

Thanks, useful info. I'll see if I can get the bolts on order before my stuff gets here. And yeah, I'm concerned about that bumper. I may just chop it, we'll see...

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here are some pics of my front tire clearance issues. The Bad Dawg front bumper is a bit problematic because it sits low under the front end, and it may be worse when I get the new lift on. It may need swapped out, or at least trimmed:

With no load on it, the gap is only 2" when the wheels are turned.

And my wheel wells are only about an inch off at full turn, no load. A bit of that is just flexed plastic due to the Mudbusters, but a rub is a rub:

0423211116c

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Collected measurements:

Bolt under driver door - 17.5"
Bottom of the "N" on the tailgate - 43.75"
Bottom face of the front bumper - 24.5"

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your machine looks good! I hear good things about the c fab setups.
I would be interested in your lift if you are selling. Thank you.

Last edited:
P

Phiber

Mar 17, 2021
IL
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just received my C-fab a-arms today. Looks like it'll be a bit of a headache, but hopefully worth it. They took over a month to receive also.

Reactions: Lady01
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On that note, is there anyone reading this thinking about ordering c-fab a-arms in black? Let me know and I may be able to get them for you without the 4 week wait...

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update:

I decided to go with the Texas Tough Customs 3" a-arm kit and the 814s.

I just got it preliminarily together today. I have some welding to do, then I have to dial in the toe/camber.

I should have pics, dimensions, and a ride report after this weekend.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update:

I decided to go with the Texas Tough Customs 3" a-arm kit and the 814s.

I just got it preliminarily together today. I have some welding to do, then I have to dial in the toe/camber.

I should have pics, dimensions, and a ride report after this weekend.
What kind of welding is required?

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!