New Guy Takeover info

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome thread and thanks...from a new sxs owner. So back in the good ole days I had a foreman stroke bored lifted all that good stuff. I done Marango 5 years in a row. Then I got a Rincon since my mini monster truck foreman was not built for comfort.Rode it at Winrock several times...but anyway to the point...you touched on a few things HOWEVER...to the new guy with his better half...give us a check list of what to bring...I have read alot of post and it sounds like a skid plates are a must...so a list of what to bring...and a list of most needed mods.
PLEASE
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Think this is what you are asking for (added it to first post with the few things I had posted0
2019 PIONEER TAKEOVER GEARLIST

Also if you click Forums (top left) then go down to 2020 Takeover click it. Then (top left) (Past Takeovers) click it. Then you will see a ton of old information that will help you.

Last edited:
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How old were your kids. I have taken my 6yearold on a few rides. Its tuff on her if it constant riding for hour or more with a leg stretch. Is that something yall did

7yr old boy and 9yr old girl personally I didn't have any problems many places along the way to stop and see the view or just stop and talk with other riders. My kids had a blast both times.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
BI
7yr old boy and 9yr old girl personally I didn't have any problems many places along the way to stop and see the view or just stop and talk with other riders. My kids had a blast both times.
Best mod needed is skids, all the rest others will have.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Awesome thread and thanks...from a new sxs owner. ~ a list of most needed mods.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Don't let a bone stock machine hold you back.
I have had a mostly stock p500 there several times.
Even made the epic @JACKAL p500 ride 2 years ago.
I also got a call from my city slicker freinds that they where stuck up on the mountain and I had no problem finding a couple of guys to help me go get them.
Don't be shy, this community really is great.

There are guys that find the gnarly trails and have the most modded out rides.
You don't need to ride with them.
If you have the funds to keep up fine.
If you want to come out once and check out the vehicles and the area before commiting to spend the big bucks it's a great venue to do that.

There are So many people there, some with family and kids that will want to stop at every water fall and play.
Some longtimers organize rides for the novice to make sure they get a feel for the area and what there ride can do.
Some guys just come out to hear themselves talk (We seam to have plenty of thouse so don't feel obligated to be that guy).

If it makes you feel better a skid and a winch are always recomended (but there will be so many winches there it's not a need).
I have yet to hear of someone being left up on the mountain.

MuDSlinger

MuDSlinger

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2019
Richland, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
JTW it came with MOTOclaws 28s on 15 inch wheels.. are they ok

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
JTE it came with MOTOclaws 29s on 15 inch wheels.. are they ok

You are good if you take it right off the showroom floor you just want be able to ride every trail but you will have a great time no matter what. I was amazed what some stock bikes did. But bigger tires will help for sure. I will never add a skid plate but I ride 32s

To be clear Skid plate is a great idea. I'm just not doing it. (I'm to cheap)

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
You can ride the majority of the RRB area (those listed on the provided map and where 90% of people will be riding) with a bone stock machine. I speak from experience as I did it last year with a bone stock P1k5 with the exception of a winch; 4-ply Big Horns, stock skid and all. I had to winch out of one spot the entire two days we rode. Don't be discouraged to come out and ride with your new toy :). You will need to be more selective with lines and go a little slower with a stock machine versus an upgraded one, but you'll still have a great time.

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Leesville, South Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Awesome that sounds like the type of riding that we like to do. Getting to know other people and have a good time.

MuDSlinger

MuDSlinger

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2019
Richland, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got me some horsepower gain today .

hahaha

Screenshot 20191107 185032 Chrome Screenshot 20191107 185054 Chrome

E

Ed_Dyer

Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2018
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Leukic
J

JTW

Reactions: Backwoods
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Between those particular choices, I like the Blackwaters... but the terra hooks aren’t bad. I’d maybe lean that way if they were an 8 ply

The ITP Terra Hooks are 8 ply rated. It's the Terra Cross that are 6 ply.

Reactions: Russ989 and JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!