Rumor: DCT 5 speed Auto W/ On the fly slap shift?

admin

admin

Your club! I just turn it on!
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2013
While the paddle shift on the P5 is a unique feature it is not really piratical in the race world. Moreover, a 5 speed, on the fly, slap shift would be just the thing to shoot the Honda 1100 down the track.

We have received conformation its in the works...

Documents showing the claimed P1K drive train show a 5 speed Dual Clutch Fully Automatic Transmission. Combine that with the recent reference to a center console encompassing a center shift lever and Honda is one again innovating the UTV market with unique features.

Here you can see a side view of the next HondaSxS motor. A Twin Cylinder 1000+ CC Motor with each having twin spark plugs (yes 4 total) which will also include a catalytic converter and O2 sensor to insure correct air/fuel mixture throughout the power band.

Is this the Dual Clutch Transmission currently found on Honda's Flag Ship ATV, The Honda Rubicon. Sticking to Honda's recent trend of DCT, we also expect it to have a AUTO/MANUAL feature allowing for auto on the easy trails the flipping to manual allowing full control.

Again, Please keep in mine that this is all speculation at this time and has not been 100% confirmed.

But... We want to know what you think?
Post below and let us know!

Attachments

• P1100-twin7.png
    P1100-twin7.png
    228.9 KB · Views: 1,891
  • P1100-twin5.png
    P1100-twin5.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 1,888
  • P1100-twin8.png
    P1100-twin8.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 1,861
  • HP-tilt-steering.png
    HP-tilt-steering.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,889
chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Wish we had more info on how true this could be. I am a designer and would like to try and start designing custom bumpers and roll cages roofs for the pioneers and for these up coming models. Hope its true . Would love that slap shift

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Do a search for "Honda African Twin 1000" you will find this engine concept is alive and growing on the adventure sport bike with word of a close dated release.

nglauer

nglauer

Nov 15, 2014
interesting find... I haven't pulled the trigger on a Pioneer yet because i'm waiting to see what "may" end up being released this year. I was glued to the computer on January 20th waiting for Yamaha's announcement, but the Wolverine wasn't what I was hoping to see. I want something with seating for 5-6 people, another convertible type system like the 700-4, with a bump in power and a low range. I'm curious if this 1100 will be in a sport type machine, or a beefed up version or the current 700 Pioneer

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think 6 is going to be difficult to keep the machine smaller than a school bus

nglauer

nglauer

Nov 15, 2014
ohanacreek said:
I think 6 is going to be difficult to keep the machine smaller than a school bus

I agree - although I could live with seating for 5. I have looked at a Pioneer 700-4, Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT, Kawasaki Teryx4, Yamaha Viking Crew and Polaris Ranger Crew - The last two are WAYYYYYYYY WAYYYYY to long. They are like mini buses and look like they'd require more area to turn than any of our trails would allow. I hate that the Teryx4 lacks the utility of the Mule Pro FXT and Honda Pioneer... Those are the two i've narrowed it down to, although the Mule doesn't have a locking front diff front what I could tell.. and it's slightly larger. I'm just curious what Honda has in store for us, I don't mind waiting another year to buy, because whatever I buy.. i'll own it till it dies.. and i've known plenty of Honda and Kawasaki owners that still have some really old stuff that still runs flawlessly.

I wouldn't mind seeing a different transmission thrown into the 700-4 platform, even with the same 700cc motor, although a slightly bigger motor may be nice, but not necessary if they throw in more gears/ratios.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Admin and honda sxs and peeps.....

Whats the word or rumor out on the streets. Had to go honda dealer yesterday to pick up a part for my rancher. Asked the sales guy and manager around if they Heard any info. Hey said yes we have heard a few things. All very exciting. He also say seems honda is trying to make it to number 1 of the powersports industry. So I have straight forward how many new machines and what size. He said cant say much but they will be coming soon , we will soon have to expand our show room floor to make room for upcoming atvs and sxs. Thats all he said. So if any of you have infor or rumors let this honda community know.
Thanks

N

ninjafreek

Jul 16, 2014
I was told the announcement should be within the next 4-6 weeks

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Just waiting , cant wait to see what honda will announce, if its something just as good as to p700 or better, I will be putting a deposit down on one. Just have to wait and see now.

P.s. my buddy just got the rzr 1000 xp. With factory tires put it in reverse to get out a mud hole and blew the reverse chain. Thats why I ride honda.

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I heard the RZR1000 has a chain driven reverse?
Why?? That begs for problems with a 1000cc motor off-road.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Yep all of there bikes from the 850 on up have reverse chains. They are only a little bigger than a normal bicycle chain. I find that very disappointed, 110 hp. On a chain that small. Come on man . Common sense tells you that wont hold. But hey not my design. Its what ever floats your boat and what brand you like.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
just seeing what is out there. I know it has been about 3 to 4 weeks sense we last heard of all this info being announced. just wondering if anybody has new rumors or announcements..
Thanks Honda sxs and admin for all this great info
Cant wait to see what Honda has planned

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nothing new on a SxS.
But...... Got a lead on maybe a new Honda ATV. I should have it together before the weekend.

U

unclejemima

Feb 25, 2015
Any more news?! I'm super pumped for something more exciting from Honda in SXS market!

G

gpelk

Oct 9, 2013
just got a new update. There is a new red line video march 17. We should know get more info then on this new mystery machine.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That's good news...

For those wondering what the "RedLine" is... It's Honda's dealer network communication channel.
Could be a new SxS updated Rincon, 450r, or any other power-sport machine.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!