P500 Rusty's Juicebox #nohomo

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Finally got the OEM 520 soft doors on, was a pain in the ass and ended up paying the dealer to install them. Really like the way they fit and how they kind of tuck into the side of the machine. Seems like they will do the job for ice fishing, hunting, and winter work. I'll go through at some point and seal the gaps, just happy it fit with the UTV801 windshield. Now I'm just trying to figure out the best towing situation.

PXL 20210914 1633564582

PXL 20210914 1634309142

Next on the list is Honda rearview mirror (coming this week). Trying to figure out how I'm going to do the side mirrors now that the door and door frames are covering the ROPS.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Finally got the OEM 520 soft doors on, was a pain in the ass and ended up paying the dealer to install them. Really like the way they fit and how they kind of tuck into the side of the machine. Seems like they will do the job for ice fishing, hunting, and winter work. Now I'm just trying to figure out the best towing situation.

View attachment 295076

View attachment 295077

Next on the list is Honda rearview mirror (coming this week). Trying to figure out how I'm going to do the side mirrors now that the door and door frames are covering the ROPS.
Looks like you are ready for some Montana climate. Nice job on the rig. Down at my place air conditioning would be a desired mod.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Looks like you are ready for some Montana climate. Nice job on the rig. Down at my place air conditioning would be a desired mod.
Thanks man, I appreciate your input and help you've provided throughout the build!

Winters haven't been as bad the last couple of years, but we've got some big fishing trips planned and have been debating on getting the tracks right away or waiting it out. With tracks I'll definitely need to be fully enclosed. Kind of want to see how the machine will do with chains and how often I'd need the tracks before pulling the trigger.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thanks man, I appreciate your input and help you've provided throughout the build!

Winters haven't been as bad the last couple of years, but we've got some big fishing trips planned and have been debating on getting the tracks right away or waiting it out. With tracks I'll definitely need to be fully enclosed. Kind of want to see how the machine will do with chains and how often I'd need the tracks before pulling the trigger.
Your welcome. How long is your summer season and how long is snow on the ground..excuse my lack of understanding, only seen Montana in movies. Snowmobile also?

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Your welcome. How long is your summer season and how long is snow on the ground..excuse my lack of understanding, only seen Montana in movies. Snowmobile also?
We have snow on the ground a lot of years from October-May/June. There is usually snow in the high country from Sept-July/August. No snowmobile for me - 10 ply tires and a good truck is what gets me by...and chains and a shovel in the back just in case. I had a Rancher for a lot of years that I used for fishing/hunting/cabin work, but sold that a couple years back. Hoping the 520 fills the void.

W

Weberman

Jul 2, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
We have snow on the ground a lot of years from October-May/June. There is usually snow in the high country from Sept-July/August. No snowmobile for me - 10 ply tires and a good truck is what gets me by...and chains and a shovel in the back just in case. I had a Rancher for a lot of years that I used for fishing/hunting/cabin work, but sold that a couple years back. Hoping the 520 fills the void.
I’m in Bozeman, where are you located?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!