P500 Rusty's Juicebox #nohomo

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks Rob appreciate it man - I spent a little time in Omaha in my younger years. Havent been back in a long time, but sounds like its growing like crazy.
Omaha has grown up a lot in the last two decades. Forced me to move as far away from downtown as possible and still be considered part of Omaha. My back yard is essentially the Elkhorn river which will take Omaha a really long time to jump. Doubt it will be in my lifetime.

Your rig looks great and you have done great upgrades. Thanks for chronicling it for us.

Rob

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Started thinking a little more about the rubbing situation on the front tires at full lock...wondering if anyone has attempted a heat gun to move the liners in? I am planning on taking the liners out and checking the clearance with them out, but it seems like once I get past this little hump, there shouldn't be any problem clearing through the gap....

Need to check if there is any sort of frame/wiring/etc behind that spot its getting hung up, but hoping I can heat gun it and use a baseball/softball and move it back a 1/4-1/2 inch to clear. Other option is to grind it I guess....I need to price these liners out haha.

Anybody else have ideas or am I on the right track? Don't think adding a spacer would help. Really would like some forward arms, but not many options there either. I'm not going down in tire size 🤣

Reactions: futzin and Mudder
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Started thinking a little more about the rubbing situation on the front tires at full lock...wondering if anyone has attempted a heat gun to move the liners in? I am planning on taking the liners out and checking the clearance with them out, but it seems like once I get past this little hump, there shouldn't be any problem clearing through the gap....

View attachment 282562

Need to check if there is any sort of frame/wiring/etc behind that spot its getting hung up, but hoping I can heat gun it and use a baseball/softball and move it back a 1/4-1/2 inch to clear. Other option is to grind it I guess....I need to price these liners out haha.

Anybody else have ideas or am I on the right track? Don't think adding a spacer would help. Really would like some forward arms, but not many options there either. I'm not going down in tire size 🤣

I would try exactly what you said, heat it up and push it back a little. Adding a spacer might help that situation but then you run the risk of rubbing the wheel well at the outside. Just keep an eye on the inside as I believe the wheel well plastic makes up the interior foot well too.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I would try exactly what you said, heat it up and push it back a little. Adding a spacer might help that situation but then you run the risk of rubbing the wheel well at the outside. Just keep an eye on the inside as I believe the wheel well plastic makes up the interior foot well too.

Thanks man, I just think I needed a little encouragement to feel good about doing it 🤣

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Agree on the heat gun, also used it to deform the 3 gallon plastic trash can for the under drivers seat storage. Don’t know if the P520 has that same open hole.
There is the square hole under the drivers seat with the plastic flap/cover. Is that what you're talking about?

Reactions: J80
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
There is the square hole under the drivers seat with the plastic flap/cover. Is that what you're talking about?
Yep, several members and I have fitted a plastic trash can in there, good for seldom used or heavy stuff. I carry my 12v water sprayer and a jug of water for radiator cleaning (after overheating at a Takeover - @trigger got me going). Just sharing for info if interested.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Yep, several members and I have fitted a plastic trash can in there, good for seldom used or heavy stuff. I carry my 12v water sprayer and a jug of water for radiator cleaning (after overheating at a Takeover - @trigger got me going). Just sharing for info if interested.

I was wondering what that opening was for when I first saw it, thanks for the heads up that is a good idea for some extra storage!

Reactions: J80 and Bigtee
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520

View attachment 282562

I looked last night to see how much my front tires rub after seeing your pictures. We did a little trail ride last night and it was easy to tell where mine hit:
20210709 021029020 iOS
20210709 021050973 iOS

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Reactions: Mudder and Bigtee
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I didn’t really notice any binding, but I wasn’t really looking for it either. Now I will try to pay more attention

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
At least Honda realized more protection was needed for the wheel well. Hope the heat gun fix works out.

Thanks! Didn't get a chance to mess with the Honda this weekend, hoping to get to it this week after work one night. Will definitely post the outcome once I get to it - I turned the wheel through the wheel well to full lock and it clears the frame piece and just seems like its barely rubbing to clear through the gap. Fingers crossed the heat gun takes care of it quick

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Got the Crossroads3d cup holders installed finally - fit like a glove and look like they came with the machine. I'd say worth the money and would definitely recommend them.

PXL 20210717 205637652

PXL 20210717 205728301

PXL 20210717 205748193

Also took the heat gun to the front wheel liners and made some room to mitigate the rubbing at full lock. Decided it was best to do the heating and molding with the liners off the machine. If anyone is curious, here is what it looks like on...

PXL 20210717 211230955

Off....

PXL 20210717 2115267072

PXL 20210717 211530183

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I installed the Stark 881s and the Crossroads3d extended headlight dust covers (thanks @Bisley)

Stark Industries 880/881/893/899 Phantom Series 66W LED Headlights Conversion Kit 6000K White IP68 Waterproof https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0UTLSL/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Fit was pretty tight, but seems pretty solid. Love the white instead of the halogen, but haven't done a true test at night yet...I'm sure like others have said they aren't going to have as much coverage as the stockers, but we will see.

PXL 20210728 2221340782

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!