CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
FYI, those upper seat belt bolts are dealer installed, that's your dealer's amazing setup guy at work.
Thanks, that's good to know, it's also disappointing. :(

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
FYI, years back I stood behind the counter (a co-owner) of a fairly large multi-line all powesports dealership. I still recall the strategy and frustration of offering great service, good competitive prices, plenty of OEM parts, accessories and units to sell. Yet we‘d continually watch our bottom line to carefully be assured of covering all our monthly business expenses.
Not easily done.

^^^100%^^^

I spent ten years in the powersports business, also as a co-owner, as a "second career". Biggest mistake of my life. The old saying about don't make your hobby your occupation rings so true. People have no earthly idea how the manufacturers are able to abuse the very dealers who keep them in business. Rant over.

• Sad
Reactions: CID
H

HondaTech

^^^100%^^^

I spent ten years in the powersports business, also as a co-owner, as a "second career". Biggest mistake of my life. The old saying about don't make your hobby your occupation rings so true. People have no earthly idea how the manufacturers are able to abuse the very dealers who keep them in business. Rant over.

Never been more true, pretty much working to stay open. Not alot of profit to be made.

• Sad
Reactions: CID and 1HasBeen
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
^^^100%^^^

I have heard that a lot, not just Power Sport dealers, seems to be a common thread with all franchises.

Reactions: 1HasBeen

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have heard that a lot, not just Power Sport dealers, seems to be a common thread with all franchises.
It's somewhat true, to a point, but I spent my entire life in business, in multiple industries, and can honestly say I was never treated so poorly by such a pack of thieves as the manufacturers and distributors in this industry. Not even close. Most of the franchise laws and protections that apply to car dealers do not apply at the state level, and there is no cohesive dealer organization to push back. Dealers are too busy stabbing one another in the back. Sorry, again, for the rant.

rbtnt

rbtnt

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Talon X
It all in the bulletin posted at the beginning of the thread...

3-23-2020
Honda issued a SAFETY RECALL on CERTAIN 2019-2020 Honda Pioneer 1000's and Honda Talon 1000's.
This recall is to inspect for a missing parking collar in the sub-transmission.

PROBLEM - It has been identified that a limited number of units were assembled with a missing parking collar. A missing collar could cause the machine to roll while parked increasing the risk of a crash or injury.

AFFECTED UNITS - Only CERTAIN units 2019-2020 are affected identified by serial number. ONLY a limited number of units will be missing this collar.

NOTIFICATION - Honda will notify all AFFECTED owners in April 2020 via mail.

SOLUTION - The solution will require disassembly of the sub-transmission to replace the missing collar.

HOW TO CHECK MINE - The full list is NOT available to the public. Dealers can check your S# to see if it is affected. The online Honda Recall database is not up to date.

For more info, ask your dealer lookup Service Bulletin dated March 23, 2020, on iN
Has anyone received the recall letter? Based on my SN my local dealer says I need to bring my in for inspection.
It all in the bulletin posted at the beginning of the thread...

3-23-2020
Honda issued a SAFETY RECALL on CERTAIN 2019-2020 Honda Pioneer 1000's and Honda Talon 1000's.
This recall is to inspect for a missing parking collar in the sub-transmission.

PROBLEM - It has been identified that a limited number of units were assembled with a missing parking collar. A missing collar could cause the machine to roll while parked increasing the risk of a crash or injury.

AFFECTED UNITS - Only CERTAIN units 2019-2020 are affected identified by serial number. ONLY a limited number of units will be missing this collar.

NOTIFICATION - Honda will notify all AFFECTED owners in April 2020 via mail.

SOLUTION - The solution will require disassembly of the sub-transmission to replace the missing collar.

HOW TO CHECK MINE - The full list is NOT available to the public. Dealers can check your S# to see if it is affected. The online Honda Recall database is not up to date.

For more info, ask your dealer lookup Service Bulletin dated March 23, 2020, on iN
Has anyone received the recall letter? I haven't even though my local dealer says mine is on the list that needs inspected.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!