P1000 Salt Spreader...

C

curtcherry

Nov 26, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi All - looking to buy a salt spreader for rock salt or probably calcium chloride due to long concrete driveway. I am not finding an easy solution that is a quick hookup. Maybe the salt dog since it has a cigarette plug. Not sure those are any good... does anyone out there have one they like that has lasted a while through the elements? How is it powered?

VTbarn1

VTbarn1

Nov 9, 2020
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi All - looking to buy a salt spreader for rock salt or probably calcium chloride due to long concrete driveway. I am not finding an easy solution that is a quick hookup. Maybe the salt dog since it has a cigarette plug. Not sure those are any good... does anyone out there have one they like that has lasted a while through the elements? How is it powered?
I've got the same issue. Everyone I talk to says don't waste your money on any of the cheap models that don't have a powered agitator/auger. The medium just clogs up and leaves you frustrated. That means big bucks, or like me, you hire a pro on an "on call" basis.

Reactions: Biteme and toddvdh
Lindyrig

Lindyrig

Jan 26, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a front receiver hitch and snow ex spreader, works great.
KIMG0158

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Reactions: TxDoc and Biteme

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!