P1000 Winter set-up for 1000-5 Deluxe

H

Highcountry356

Jul 4, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looking for suggestions to keep the cold out this winter. I'd like to keep the bed open and close off the cab behind the front seats - like a 1000-3. I currently have the factory half doors, a half windshield and the factory roof. I want a set up that is an easy switchover to summer mode. I don't do a lot of winter riding so I'm not looking to spend a pile of money - unless that's the only option.

DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have full windshield, full roof, full side doors, fabric/vinyl mid panel, bed has fabric/vinyl sides and rear panels, factory heater. I usually open the window when plowing snow since it gets too warm. Not the cheapest option.

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't know about front cab only, but I like my CEC full cab enclosure, hard roof, and split windscreen closed for cold days. Unzip the windows and open the windscreen when it warms up. I've been in some thick stuff and the vinyl has held up ok. Buy once, cry once. I've also sealed the doors and gap between the windscreen and hard top.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the 4” fan under the seat for summer cooling. For winter, I move the flexible hose to a vent mounted at my feet. I use mine almost exclusively in the winter.
B1C74A81 EE1C 415E 9077 BC41C834A547

H

Highcountry356

Jul 4, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have the 4” fan under the seat for summer cooling. For winter, I move the flexible hose to a vent mounted at my feet. I use mine almost exclusively in the winter.View attachment 215890

What windshield, doors and rear cover are you using?

Are you running two batteries?

Any chance you have pix of the fan/vent set-up? I really like that idea.

I see a hound in the bed. You doing some lion hunting?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What windshield, doors and rear cover are you using?

Are you running two batteries?

Any chance you have pix of the fan/vent set-up? I really like that idea.

I see a hound in the bed. You doing some lion hunting?

Thanks in advance for the info.
Yes, I use my machine almost every day in the winter chasing lions. I am running two batteries. The rear panel and side covers are all Honda accessories. They suck.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!