Same size wheels and tires all around my Talon R

K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
I’m not here to argue, just giving facts. I’ve had spacers before on my old 3 wheeler. No matter how light they are, it’s still added unsprung weight

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
I’m not here to argue, just giving facts. I’ve had spacers before on my old 3 wheeler. No matter how light they are, it’s still added unsprung weight
yes they do add unsprung weight. a few ounces. maybe a pound. not enough to notice. or matter.

Reactions: CID
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
yes they do add unsprung weight. a few ounces. maybe a pound. not enough to notice. or matter.

Unsprung weight isn't the issue here.

There is a reason Honda and every other car manufacture on the planet builds vehicles with the front track width wider than the rear. It effects turn in and handling.

Running spacers on the rear for looks is pretty fawkin stupid and has a negative effect on turn in ability and handling. But at least it looks good... 🤦‍♂️

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019

There is a reason Honda and every other car manufacture on the planet builds vehicles with the front track width wider than the rear. It effects turn in and handling.

Running spacers on the rear for looks is pretty fawkin stupid and has a negative effect on turn in ability and handling. But at least it looks good... 🤦‍♂️
Ready and Comprehension. there is a difference. reread and try again.
i'm KEEPING FACTORY WIDTH!!! by running for factory front wheels on all four corners, and the spacers you KEEP THE FACTORY WIDTH!!! because you no longer running the wider offset rear wheels. :rolleyes:🤦‍♂️

Reactions: CID
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ready and Comprehension. there is a difference. reread and try again.
i'm KEEPING FACTORY WIDTH!!! by running for factory front wheels on all four corners, and the spacers you KEEP THE FACTORY WIDTH!!! because you no longer running the wider offset rear wheels. :rolleyes:🤦‍♂️

And if you took the spacers off it would handle and turn better. 🤦‍♂️

K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X

Some just want looks over function.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!