aleaddict

aleaddict

Lifetime Member
Jan 17, 2021
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@DG Rider, a promise is a promise...

In 2019 I purchased a 4.4 acre ranch house in Idaho. Built in 1975, I am only the 4th owner. Original owners sold the property in 1979. Next owner was a retired priest who lived here for the 20 years. The property then fell into the hands of my immediate predecessor and his family, who lived here for another 20 years. That's the "bones" of the story. Now for a little meat...

I moved to Idaho in 2018. I was married but flying solo, renting a room off Craigslist. Wife and "famn damily" were all still back in SoCal. Kids are adults so it was only the missus who had to pack up the house and come join me. Every week I was scouring Zillow and RedFin looking for a place to buy. There was one house that looked very promising but was too much horse property, meaning the backyard was a big sandlot and the two small barns were kinda old and neglected. This house was 2nd from the end of the dead-end road and when I turned the cul-de-sac on my motorcycle, I stood up on my pegs and thought to myself, "Now if this place ever came up for sale I'd be all over it!" Six months later and "Whoa!" Guess what popped up on my Zillow account?

It was early spring 2019 when I closed escrow. Five rooms, 3 full baths and just me living there. Spring turned to summer and it was then that I started having weird electrical issues. I would go to bed with the ceiling fan on low. Around 3 am, for no reason, the ceiling fan would turn itself up to the highest setting. With each higher setting, there was an audible "beep...Beep...BEEP." That's what woke me up at night, but the sound of the fan and air it was blowing was too much to take. I'd get up, turn the fan back down and try to fall asleep again. Okay, the house is 45 years old and the ceiling fan must be at least 20 so it stands to reason that there could be something wrong with the electronics. Case closed.

Not so fast... the fan anomaly kept happening. It took about 4 or 5 times for me to consider in my half-conscious state that something (or someone) was playing games with me. But since it wasn't an every nite occurrence I just blew it off. That was until I was awoken one night with loud rapping on the wall right next to my head. I s*** you not. It was about 5 or 6 loud knocks on the wall and I just about hit the ceiling scared half to death. Beeping fans are one thing, but banging on the walls takes this s*** to a whole new level.

Enter the "Ghostbusters." I found a paranormal group that operates inside the Treasure Valley. I was pretty shaken up over this new experience, and yeah, a little afraid too. I reached out by email and got a quick response by telephone. Awesome, right?!! Unfortunately, the earliest they could come investigate was in 2 months. "Day'um, I'll be dead by then!" I was told to keep a diary of all activity and to let them know of any changes. I also setup a camera with motion detector just in case I could catch something paranormal on video. That's how desperate I had become. By some strange coincidence, all the activity stopped.

The investigation turned up nothing concrete. It was a mixture of relief on one hand but nagging anxiety on the other. Since things were quiet now I began to relax and over a couple more months I had pretty much fallen back into my daily living routine.

By now it's Christmas and everyone was here to celebrate. Kids flew back home for NYE and the wife stayed with me for another week before she had to fly back for work. Living apart was hard on our marriage so one night we slept in separate rooms. The next morning when we got up I said, "You remember me telling you about the paranormal activity going on? Well, last night the ceiling fans did it again." Surprisingly, the fans also turned on (from completely Off in her case) to Hi-Speed. Again, I s*** you not. Two different rooms, two different fans. Coincidence? It was almost a relief to me because now there was someone other than myself who was having a first-hand experience. Needless to say, we slept together from that night forward lol.

So New Year's day had come and gone and it was time for her to head south. But before leaving she insisted on purging the "spirits" by burning sage inside an abalone shell (native American-style) and blessed every room, top floor to basement. I didn't believe it would hurt so WTF honey, have fun with it. You probably can guess this next part but the first night I was alone the activity went berserk. Every night the eph'n fans would turn from Off to Hi. After a week I called the team leader from the paranormal group. She and her partner made a special trip over to my house soon after. I was pretty much a wreck at this point so you can imagine how glad I was to see them. She told me to take my puppy outside and she would join me when they were finished.

I thought this would take an hour, maybe longer... Less than 20 minutes later she and her partner came walking out of the house. The first thing she told me was that the activity is nothing evil or demonic. Oh great, yeah that's good news... now for the bad: she said there were multiple human spirits living in the house including a couple gremlins. Say WHAT?!! I'm speechless at this point. Then she explained s*** that made perfect sense based on the limited knowledge I had of the house and the previous owners.

The retired priest who lived here between 1979 and 1999 had died inside the house. (I knew this but never disclosed that fact to her). She said the priest who died was "stuck on this side" because no one had read him his last rites. He had died alone of a heart attack, found by the neighbors, so that part definitely checks out. She said me being another male didn't bother him so he just stayed quietly in the basement. What a relief! Then she said there is a very bossy woman living upstairs causing all of the felt experiences (fans, knocking, etc). As it turned out, she was the wife of the previous owner who passed away from cancer. The family moved here from New York and we all know how New Englanders can act! I married one so I can say that lol. The paranormal told me she was pissed that her kids had sold the property without asking for permission. So now we have an angry New Yorker upstairs and a troubled priest living in the basement. But wait, there's more...

In addition to the priest, there was a little girl also living in the basement. I was told she didn't die here like the others but was from around the area. She was a very pure spirit and could travel back-and-forth from the "light," that is, until she met these gremlins. The gremlins were drawn to the property because of the priest's anxiety over not receiving his last rites. The gremlins told the girl she could not return to the "light" and she believed them. So final head count: 2 deceased adults, 1 spirit child "from the area" and 2 non-human gremlins.

The paranormal worked on the priest first since he was a benign entity. In addition to being paranormal, she was also an ordained minister and told the priest she would read him his last rites. Halfway through that blessing the bossy lady upstairs comes bursting into the room and said, "Not so fast! I'm first!" Haha, true story! So the paranormal, with the assistance of the dead priest no less, helped her into the "light." Then it was the priest's turn and with him also carried away the gremlins. Finally it was the little girl. The paranormal told her she was free to come and go just like before. Then she said something that really moved me. The little girl asked if it was okay to come back and play with my puppy Zac? The paranormal described the little girl as Zac's guardian angel. At this point I was dumbfounded but ecstatic. Of course she can!

It's been almost 2 years since all this ended and so far everything is relatively quiet. There are times when the lights flicker and think to myself "not again." I changed both fans in the bedrooms and completely upgraded my electrical main from 175A to 400A. I've never been a believer in the paranormal but freely admit to being a privately spiritual Christian, so yeah, I believe in an afterlife. If anything, this experience has only strengthen my personal beliefs.

So that's my story. All true too.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I'm a licensed electrician (CA dormant), but I sure wouldn't want to live in a house I wired! Also a former Navy ET1 (electronics tech).

May be a moot point since you changed the fans, but some fan controllers use a line carrier, which sends a signal on the AC wire to "tell" the fan what to do. I've seen some of these installed without connecting a ground wire at the switch plate (a recipe for disaster - or at the least failure). Some of them are susceptible to "noise" generated by other AC devices - especially so if they are not properly grounded.

That'd be my first guess about your paranormal experience.

After Ghost Busters came out, there was a start-up CA alarm company called themselves, "Burglar Busters". I thought that was kind'a dumb. They didn't last long.

aleaddict

aleaddict

Lifetime Member
Jan 17, 2021
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@bumperm even though I didn't save those bedroom fans, the fan in the living room is still OG. Casablanca with 3 rockers (power, fan & light). I can't remember how it was wired but I'm sure it was the same as the living room. No issues with that fan but have plans to change it out someday soon. I'll take pics of the wiring.

A couple things I should add... when the fan turned On in my wife's room it was only 11:00 pm and she was awake reading a book. My fan went on as usual in the middle of the night when I was asleep. Two totally different times of the night. Not sure if that's meaningful but if both fans were wired to a common carrier, wouldn't both go on at the same time? Also, this was the "dead" of winter so no AC was active.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Electronics is a wonderment. Not sure I can say this with all the LGBTQ2 stuff, but its the same with those electrons that go around blowing fuses. At least that's what they said in the Navy back in '63. 'Course then, if we couldn't figure out the problem, we could always give it the "floatation test". No more problem. Can't do that with your house, so the best you can do is partially what you did, replace the fan (as that's where the line carrier receiver is - depending on mode if it's built in). Step II would be to replace the wall switch controller - later models are probably more robust. You might also uplug other appliances that cycle on an off, just for the night, to see if that changes anything.

BTW, most houses are wired for 220, so that one side of the breaker panel is 110 and the other side is 110 at 180* out of phase so there's 220V measured between them. Stuff on one side may not be isolated from the other, of course, However, with the foibles and wonderments of electronics, there's lots of room for paranormal goings on.

If you believe in such, an exorcism might be in order (hide the split pea soup). Sorry, not normally practical to give your house the floatation test.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520

In 2019 I purchased a 4.4 acre ranch house in Idaho. Built in 1975, I am only the 4th owner. Original owners sold the property in 1979. Next owner was a retired priest who lived here for the 20 years. The property then fell into the hands of my immediate predecessor and his family, who lived here for another 20 years. That's the "bones" of the story. Now for a little meat...

I moved to Idaho in 2018. I was married but flying solo, renting a room off Craigslist. Wife and "famn damily" were all still back in SoCal. Kids are adults so it was only the missus who had to pack up the house and come join me. Every week I was scouring Zillow and RedFin looking for a place to buy. There was one house that looked very promising but was too much horse property, meaning the backyard was a big sandlot and the two small barns were kinda old and neglected. This house was 2nd from the end of the dead-end road and when I turned the cul-de-sac on my motorcycle, I stood up on my pegs and thought to myself, "Now if this place ever came up for sale I'd be all over it!" Six months later and "Whoa!" Guess what popped up on my Zillow account?

It was early spring 2019 when I closed escrow. Five rooms, 3 full baths and just me living there. Spring turned to summer and it was then that I started having weird electrical issues. I would go to bed with the ceiling fan on low. Around 3 am, for no reason, the ceiling fan would turn itself up to the highest setting. With each higher setting, there was an audible "beep...Beep...BEEP." That's what woke me up at night, but the sound of the fan and air it was blowing was too much to take. I'd get up, turn the fan back down and try to fall asleep again. Okay, the house is 45 years old and the ceiling fan must be at least 20 so it stands to reason that there could be something wrong with the electronics. Case closed.

Not so fast... the fan anomaly kept happening. It took about 4 or 5 times for me to consider in my half-conscious state that something (or someone) was playing games with me. But since it wasn't an every nite occurrence I just blew it off. That was until I was awoken one night with loud rapping on the wall right next to my head. I s*** you not. It was about 5 or 6 loud knocks on the wall and I just about hit the ceiling scared half to death. Beeping fans are one thing, but banging on the walls takes this s*** to a whole new level.

Enter the "Ghostbusters." I found a paranormal group that operates inside the Treasure Valley. I was pretty shaken up over this new experience, and yeah, a little afraid too. I reached out by email and got a quick response by telephone. Awesome, right?!! Unfortunately, the earliest they could come investigate was in 2 months. "Day'um, I'll be dead by then!" I was told to keep a diary of all activity and to let them know of any changes. I also setup a camera with motion detector just in case I could catch something paranormal on video. That's how desperate I had become. By some strange coincidence, all the activity stopped.

The investigation turned up nothing concrete. It was a mixture of relief on one hand but nagging anxiety on the other. Since things were quiet now I began to relax and over a couple more months I had pretty much fallen back into my daily living routine.

By now it's Christmas and everyone was here to celebrate. Kids flew back home for NYE and the wife stayed with me for another week before she had to fly back for work. Living apart was hard on our marriage so one night we slept in separate rooms. The next morning when we got up I said, "You remember me telling you about the paranormal activity going on? Well, last night the ceiling fans did it again." Surprisingly, the fans also turned on (from completely Off in her case) to Hi-Speed. Again, I s*** you not. Two different rooms, two different fans. Coincidence? It was almost a relief to me because now there was someone other than myself who was having a first-hand experience. Needless to say, we slept together from that night forward lol.

So New Year's day had come and gone and it was time for her to head south. But before leaving she insisted on purging the "spirits" by burning sage inside an abalone shell (native American-style) and blessed every room, top floor to basement. I didn't believe it would hurt so WTF honey, have fun with it. You probably can guess this next part but the first night I was alone the activity went berserk. Every night the eph'n fans would turn from Off to Hi. After a week I called the team leader from the paranormal group. She and her partner made a special trip over to my house soon after. I was pretty much a wreck at this point so you can imagine how glad I was to see them. She told me to take my puppy outside and she would join me when they were finished.

I thought this would take an hour, maybe longer... Less than 20 minutes later she and her partner came walking out of the house. The first thing she told me was that the activity is nothing evil or demonic. Oh great, yeah that's good news... now for the bad: she said there were multiple human spirits living in the house including a couple gremlins. Say WHAT?!! I'm speechless at this point. Then she explained s*** that made perfect sense based on the limited knowledge I had of the house and the previous owners.

The retired priest who lived here between 1979 and 1999 had died inside the house. (I knew this but never disclosed that fact to her). She said the priest who died was "stuck on this side" because no one had read him his last rites. He had died alone of a heart attack, found by the neighbors, so that part definitely checks out. She said me being another male didn't bother him so he just stayed quietly in the basement. What a relief! Then she said there is a very bossy woman living upstairs causing all of the felt experiences (fans, knocking, etc). As it turned out, she was the wife of the previous owner who passed away from cancer. The family moved here from New York and we all know how New Englanders can act! I married one so I can say that lol. The paranormal told me she was pissed that her kids had sold the property without asking for permission. So now we have an angry New Yorker upstairs and a troubled priest living in the basement. But wait, there's more...

In addition to the priest, there was a little girl also living in the basement. I was told she didn't die here like the others but was from around the area. She was a very pure spirit and could travel back-and-forth from the "light," that is, until she met these gremlins. The gremlins were drawn to the property because of the priest's anxiety over not receiving his last rites. The gremlins told the girl she could not return to the "light" and she believed them. So final head count: 2 deceased adults, 1 spirit child "from the area" and 2 non-human gremlins.

The paranormal worked on the priest first since he was a benign entity. In addition to being paranormal, she was also an ordained minister and told the priest she would read him his last rites. Halfway through that blessing the bossy lady upstairs comes bursting into the room and said, "Not so fast! I'm first!" Haha, true story! So the paranormal, with the assistance of the dead priest no less, helped her into the "light." Then it was the priest's turn and with him also carried away the gremlins. Finally it was the little girl. The paranormal told her she was free to come and go just like before. Then she said something that really moved me. The little girl asked if it was okay to come back and play with my puppy Zac? The paranormal described the little girl as Zac's guardian angel. At this point I was dumbfounded but ecstatic. Of course she can!

It's been almost 2 years since all this ended and so far everything is relatively quiet. There are times when the lights flicker and think to myself "not again." I changed both fans in the bedrooms and completely upgraded my electrical main from 175A to 400A. I've never been a believer in the paranormal but freely admit to being a privately spiritual Christian, so yeah, I believe in an afterlife. If anything, this experience has only strengthen my personal beliefs.

This was great! Thanks for sharing. I've had a few "encounters" but nothing like this.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Wonder why we don't get to have scary stuff happen on the trail? Maybe we should start a new thread about scary stuff that has just happened to us? The two incidents I have were not on a trail and long before I even got a SXS.

Rob

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

When I was 12 YO we moved into a three story house, my bed room was in the basement with a walk way all the away around my bed room. I started hearing foot steps walking around the perimeter of my bed room at nights, come to find out a Dr had built the home and he treated after hour patients in the basement. I went and talked to my Pastor about it, he looked frightened when I told him about it. He told me to order them out of the house in the name of Jesus Christ and to never listen to the sprits if they tried to talk to me. So I ordered them out and that was that.
Several years later my wife and I married, we moved into an ole house, my wife became obsessed with the thought the house was haunted and we moved out and my BIL leased it and moved out after a couple months after seeing ghosts float across his foot of his bed.
Fast forward to 18 years ago, we bought part of a 40 acre Homestead, 12 acres with a grave yard on it, while working on our home I laid my Gold wedding ring on a window sill and it disappeared. Then we finally got to move in, my wife starts talking about ghosts again as well as our two sons, this went on for months. So I go down to the grave yard in the daylight and start talking to the sprits. I reminded them when we moved there resting place was covered in head high weeds and I mow and weed eat it every week to keep it nice for you, you need to stay out of our house or I'll bring my back hoe out , dig you all up, load you into my dump truck, dump you all into the War Eagle river. And that's, that. Several years went by and my wife says, it's been years since I've heard ghosts, I didn't say anything about the previous talk with the sprits. A couple years ago she brings it up again, I tell her about the sprit talks, her eyes got huge and asked if I was serous, yep! She said Thank You and we've never spoken of it since. I don't watch, read horror entertaint of any kind, because I know it's real.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I was 12 YO we moved into a three story house, my bed room was in the basement with a walk way all the away around my bed room. I started hearing foot steps walking around the perimeter of my bed room at nights, come to find out a Dr had built the home and he treated after hour patients in the basement. I went and talked to my Pastor about it, he looked frightened when I told him about it. He told me to order them out of the house in the name of Jesus Christ and to never listen to the sprits if they tried to talk to me. So I ordered them out and that was that.
Several years later my wife and I married, we moved into an ole house, my wife became obsessed with the thought the house was haunted and we moved out and my BIL leased it and moved out after a couple months after seeing ghosts float across his foot of his bed.
Fast forward to 18 years ago, we bought part of a 40 acre Homestead, 12 acres with a grave yard on it, while working on our home I laid my Gold wedding ring on a window sill and it disappeared. Then we finally got to move in, my wife starts talking about ghosts again as well as our two sons, this went on for months. So I go down to the grave yard in the daylight and start talking to the sprits. I reminded them when we moved there resting place was covered in head high weeds and I mow and weed eat it every week to keep it nice for you, you need to stay out of our house or I'll bring my back hoe out , dig you all up, load you into my dump truck, dump you all into the War Eagle river. And that's, that. Several years went by and my wife says, it's been years since I've heard ghosts, I didn't say anything about the previous talk with the sprits. A couple years ago she brings it up again, I tell her about the sprit talks, her eyes got huge and asked if I was serous, yep! She said Thank You and we've never spoken of it since. I don't watch, read horror entertaint of any kind, because I know it's real.
Did your ring ever show up?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!