Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
No more waiting on that Vapor White Deluxe that is (supposedly) due at the end of this month (and will likely get pushed back anyway, based on many members' recent experiences).

I jumped on ATVTRADER this AM for the umpteeth time in the past month, searching for recently posted ads. A picture of a 1000-5 Deluxe in Phantom Camo caught my eye, as I had not seen it before. It appeared to be sitting in a dealer parking lot with all the shipping material still on it. I looked at the location and it was only ~100 miles away. Hmmm ...

Said to myself, "Self, I'm sure it's the same story - just arrived but had a deposit on it long ago."

But I called anyway.

"Yea, I'm 'Dialing for Disappointment'", I told the salesman. "I'm sure that Phantom Camo Pioneer 5 seater that was just listed is either on deposit or already sold, right?"

(Salesman ruffles papers). "I've got the folder right here. Let me check ... Nope."

Long story short, it had just arrived this past Friday ... and was NOT under deposit! Needless to say, it now has a "SOLD" tag with my name on it. I will be picking it up this Saturday. Woot!

Best part is: They don't get any cheaper in the current climate: MSRP $19,099 plus MI 6% sales tax plus $11 for title. That's it. No $900-1200 destination/delivery fee. No $400+ "dealer prep/assembly". Not even a single dime for doc or paperwork fees when most dealers charge $100 to $200 or more for that. Nope. Just MSRP, sales tax and $11 for title.

I emailed the dealer that I had the refundable deposit at on the Vapor White Deluxe. They had already told me before that they would NOT let me give them a name and contact info for someone else to "take over" my deposit. If I cancel my order, it goes to their "next guy on their list", which I can somewhat understand. Otherwise, I would have shared it here.

I'm sure I'll start a build thread and post some first pics once it's here @ home, but here are the two from the listing that helped me find her.

Super geeked! Let the modding begin ... :p

Score2

Score1

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Whose your dealer, btw?
Nelson's Speed Shop out near Grand Rapids. This unit was actually ordered back in the spring. Salesman is pretty sure someone had a deposit on it, but gave up on it (likely found one elsewhere), and it finally showed up. I'm not complaining! :D

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Congrats man! I know youve been looking for quite a while! Happy for you! I always liked camo! Let the fun and spending lol begin 👍 😁

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Congrats man! I know youve been looking for quite a while! Happy for you! I always liked camo! Let the fun and spending lol begin 👍 😁
Thanks for your help and insight along the way, Remi. Glad you and others helped me realize the five seater was the best option, too - worked out perfectly (I just had to be patient and persistent).

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!