P1000 Sealing the back doors from water and dust

M

Mo_Petersen

Mar 27, 2019
Prince George, BC, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hi guys!
Has anyone played around with a rubber seal to keep mjd and dust out of the back seat foot area?
Im thinking a rubber P seal attached to the doors or maybe floor might work.
Havnt found a kit per say....diy is more rewarding anyways ;)

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hi guys!
Has anyone played around with a rubber seal to keep mjd and dust out of the back seat foot area?
Im thinking a rubber P seal attached to the doors or maybe floor might work.
Havnt found a kit per say....diy is more rewarding anyways ;)

Be very difficult if not impossible there are a LOT of spots air flows through since the seats are part of the bed that lifts.

You could shove gray pipe insulation in a lot of them but the footwells would get very warm during the summer months with no airflow.
If you are looking at keeping dust out of the bed from below you can look at a bed liner from Honda, but you are still going to get some from the normal airflow through the cab or pulled in by the low pressure area created behind a windshield when moving.

IF you figure something out that keeps the dust out there will be people who want it.

D

DrAgon

Feb 9, 2017
BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used some garage door seal folded in half and used plastic rivets to install. I haven't been out riding with it yet, but it looks like it should work. I will get some pictures and let you know how it works after my first big ride in a couple weeks.

D

DrAgon

Feb 9, 2017
BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here some photos of it installed, the doors now fit nice and tight with no rattle. Haven't tested the function yet. Will let you know if it makes a difference or not.
IMG 4847
IMG 4848
IMG 4849
IMG 4850
IMG 4851
IMG 4852 IMG 4853 IMG 4854

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Reactions: Isaiah
D

DrAgon

Feb 9, 2017
BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The garage door seal helped reduce the dust quite a bit, I didn't have to open the vent in the roof to make it bearable when riding in dust.
It did not keep all the water and mud out of the box but it did help.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!