mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I need something simple to plug into my seatbelt so I don't have to have it hooked behind me.

I know, I know... "wear your belt" Any time we're out riding, we do. At home, I'm in and out of the machine so much, I don't. I don't hill climb, sidehill, or go over about 8 mph.. I change water and fix sprinklers. (dam cows)

anyway... anyone?

Leonandlisa

Leonandlisa

Dec 14, 2016
Las Vegas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curious, why do you have to have the seat belt connected? When mine isn’t connected it doesn’t effect anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Remington and BWAF
G

gpd2111

Aug 2, 2017
US
Just pull the front two seatbelts apart and take the little plastic piece out of both of them and it will solve all your problems. I would include pics but I'm 1000 miles away from mine

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
On the 17 and newer vehicles the speed is limited to ~10 mph unless the drivers seat belt is plugged in.

Link to p500 disable thread:
P500 - 2017 seatbelt safety disable

But...
My wife was visiting with her relatives this week (another funeral ).
Wifey was talking to her cousin who totaled a Can-Am Commander hitting a stump while not going all that fast.
She had her seat belt on because of the speed limiter and walked away, her husband broke a leg and had some other injuries from being ejected.
My advise (not that you really asked for it) just wear the seat belt or live with the limiter and go slow.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
On the 17 and newer vehicles the speed is limited to ~10 mph unless the drivers seat belt is plugged in.

Link to p500 disable thread:
P500 - 2017 seatbelt safety disable

But...
My wife was visiting with her relatives this week (another funeral ).
Wifey was talking to her cousin who totaled a Can-Am Commander hitting a stump while not going all that fast.
She had her seat belt on because of the speed limiter and walked away, her husband broke a leg and had some other injuries from being ejected.
My advise (not that you really asked for it) just wear the seat belt or live with the limiter and go slow.

I get it, and I appreciate what you're saying... but I won't. I have no stumps. the worst thing I can hit in my pasture is a sprinkler head, which I do on occasion haha!

I'm one of those old school dudes that don't believe anyone should protect me from myself. I'm a big believer in helmets on motorcycles.. but I don't like the law telling me I have to wear one. If I've got good med insurance.. it's my choice.

Again, any time I go ANYwhere else, I wear it.

D

DDDonkey

So my question is what does everyone do that installs the 4/5 point harness?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I need something simple to plug into my seatbelt so I don't have to have it hooked behind me.

I know, I know... "wear your belt" Any time we're out riding, we do. At home, I'm in and out of the machine so much, I don't. I don't hill climb, sidehill, or go over about 8 mph.. I change water and fix sprinklers. (dam cows)

anyway... anyone?
If you dont go over 8mph why disconnect it? I know plenty of people that were "just going slow" and had a bad accident. That's why they're called accidents and not planned wrecks. s*** happens. But hey stupid hurts. Enter at your own risk and good luck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

advertisement
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I get it, and I appreciate what you're saying... but I won't. I have no stumps. the worst thing I can hit in my pasture is a sprinkler head, which I do on occasion haha!

I'm one of those old school dudes that don't believe anyone should protect me from myself. I'm a big believer in helmets on motorcycles.. but I don't like the law telling me I have to wear one. If I've got good med insurance.. it's my choice.

Again, any time I go ANYwhere else, I wear it.
Man I am with you on that. It seems the world is consumed with 'safety' and goes to the EXTREME. Last year in MO. I saw a man herding his cattle on horseback wearing a dang HELMET. Give me a break. If you are that worried get your ass off the horse and WALK.

Climbing up and down steep hills, yeah I wear it. But to ride around on my farm, heck no. I grew up STANDING up in the bed of a p/u truck while riding to the river, beating on the roof of the cab to aggravate my brother that was driving. Now folks cry about not having a SB on while driving 10 mph SEATING down with doors around you. I refuse to live my life that dang afraid.

Last edited:
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV

anyway... anyone?

Do you still want a plug I may have one I could send you

Reactions: BWAF and Mudwing
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
That is very nice of you man, but it looks like they're all over ebay for a buck or so.. if I could just find the correct sized allen, I'd take apart the receiver part in mine & remove the darned magnet.

No problem I replaced a couple of my belts and could send you a old end if you wished just PM your address

Reactions: BWAF
J

JTW

anyway... anyone?
How about something like this??
B72C8647 8728 4D3B 8898 7B7370E48CD8

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!