P700m2 Seat belt switch disable?

Becht313

Becht313

Dec 31, 2016
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-4

Going to have to take a look at this. I was out today on the first "real" ride on the rig. I was jumping in and out working on the trail so didn't fasten my belt here and there. I got to a spot and needed to put a little horse peppah on her and she flat out sucked wind and died. Here's where it got interesting...I tried to start it and it was cranking (couldn't hear the fuel pump kicking on). I turned the key to the off position and the display remained on. I pulled the key out... display STILL on. I kinda started getting pissy at this point. 12 miles on the rig. I noticed the engine light flashing a potential code, so I disconnected the battery and that must have reset the computer. Tuned the key, fuel pump, and broom. I'm thinking when I goosed it I must not have had my seatbelt on. I honestly can't remember if it was strapped or not but seems to be a reasonable explanation. Anyway, all's well that ends well. Got some mud on her finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
I have a 2016 700-4 and have never been limited whithout my seatbelt on. Is this just on the 17?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Becht313

Becht313

Dec 31, 2016
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 2016 700-4 and have never been limited whithout my seatbelt on. Is this just on the 17?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

To the best of my knowledge it is only the 17's. Potentially limited to the deluxe model but Im not sure on that one. I've got the 17 p-4 deluxe.

I went back out later in the day and took a good rip. Seatbelt on, no issue. Just a bit of a pain when ya in and out but I don't want to bypass it. Just assume put the damn belt on and stay safe. Ever hear a fool say "it's only a .22?" You see where I'm going with this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lee
R

Random

Jun 18, 2017
Bloomington IN
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just did this trick on my 2017 700, great write up and pics, the pics are great made it easy.

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

...didn't fasten my belt here and there. I got to a spot and needed to put a little horse peppah on her and she flat out sucked wind and died.
Seat belt speed limiter SHOULD NOT effect the motor in such a way that it dies.
That sounds like a different issue.

Not wearing a seat belt causes a "governor type" throttle to limit. The engine still runs (tho, cuts out), but it certainly doesn't disable or kill the engine.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Iv also noticed ppl just buckle the belt and then sit down leave it buckled all the time then you can slip in and out

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!