Seat belt

Marc Cummings

Marc Cummings

May 6, 2015
Went out and got REALLY muddy the other day and now my seat belt wont come out. Any suggestions? It will pull out maybe 1/2 inch then it stops. At one point last night I got it to pull out maybe 3".

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Put a water hose in the slot and run and move the belt till the mud cleans out

Exactly what I was going to say - Also may have a rock stuck in there so look carefully and you may need to use a small screwdriver to pop a stone out.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Right on with these posts. I would add make sure it is in the perfect vertical position.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks for posting never gummed up a seatbelt before.

Marc Cummings

Marc Cummings

May 6, 2015
I took the whole thing apart the other day hoping to see a rock or mud or anything really and it looked clean. I tapped it with a screwdriver a few times, and some dirt came out, but not much. I think I'll probably have to take it in to the shop.

Marc Cummings

Marc Cummings

May 6, 2015
I just called the Honda shop and they told me that the seat belts for the 2014 700-4 are discontinued. Crazy. Why would they stop making seat belts for a 1 year old machine?

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
That's good info but bad news!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
It's only that part # for the 14. The 15 or 16 version replaces the 14 version. Could be a better design or manufacture change causing this.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!