P1000m5 Seat heat "recall" from Honda

Josephdmillerrph

Josephdmillerrph

Sep 27, 2017
Calvin, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm brand spanking new to this forum. This may be on here already, so I apologize if it is. I'm on the waiting list at my dealer to get the "fix" for the heat coming up from under the seat. Has anyone had this done? Is it easy to remove? I ask this because I actually like the heat in the winter. Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome @Josephdmillerrph.
I would not call it easy to remove.
The full directions are in that link above, check it out.

If I was you. I would get it done. Take it off this winter and if turns out to be too much trouble box it up. Then next summer I would do one of the custom heat solution modifications. These are really easy to remove

Thanks.

Josephdmillerrph

Josephdmillerrph

Sep 27, 2017
Calvin, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks! I believe I will get it done. If it is hard to remove I'll just leave it on. I'd rather wear coveralls in the winter than burn up in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How long does it take dealers to get the heat fix parts? I have been waiting for 2 months

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How long does it take dealers to get the heat fix parts? I have been waiting for 2 months
I think it all depends on demand and how far down you were on the list. Dealer had mine within 2 weeks.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!