securing the P5 to a trailer...

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
My friend Danny Weaver invented & patented the La Trailer Dog & La Guard Dog atv/utv tie down devices! If anyone is interested go to www.laguarddog.com Tell him Bobby sent ya!

80554E16 E836 411A 89DC BAEE45A815E3

Reactions: HiFive
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
My Stump Grinder uses that same style front hitch receiver method, it sucks when you have a flat tire and need to use it.
The best method is to use TIre bonnets...Harbor Freight or Rural King has em..

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Like the post above, I like the wheel bonnets and is the predominant way automobiles are being transported, i.e., securing wheels and allowing the suspension to operate during transport.

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Straps break & wear out. The Trailer Dog is lockable & will last for years.

Reactions: HiFive
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Straps break & wear out. The Trailer Dog is lockable & will last for years.
With all the damage people have posted to their trailer hitch here. I am not sure I would depend on it solely to hold my 1000 on a trailer.

Looking at his site, it looks like the fixture is only held down with 6 bolts. Not sure how secure that will be. Or none in the case of his picture.

Screenshot 20190109 180932

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
With all the damage people have posted to their trailer hitch here. I am not sure I would depend on it solely to hold my 1000 on a trailer.

Looking at his site, it looks like the fixture is only held down with 6 bolts. Not sure how secure that will be. Or none in the case of his picture.

I’ve used mine years. No problems whatsoever

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Only major crash in a vehicle was in 91 when I rolled my Bronco & was paralyzed. I don’t drive stupid any more.

advertisement
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Logged thousands of kms hauling mine for work in the back of my pickup on rough logging and pipeline access roads. Seen lots of ATV and UTV drama over the years, torn out tie downs, broken straps, smashed rear (pick up) windows, machines bounced off trailers etc. For a variety of reasons mine is backed into my truck, rear wheels are ratchet strapped down like the bonnet system to bed of truck. For the front a ratchet strap is tightened across front of machine running strap between winch (KFI Winch mount) and front bumper to floor of truck securing to bottom of stake pocket inside the box. In essence P5 is able to move on it’s suspension, Ive found that ratcheting to frame and sucking it down works sometimes only on very smooth roads. Rough roads first big bump machine compresses suspension straps fall off, drama ensues...

Generally I’d say the bonnet system holding each wheel down to the trailer is the most effective way to secure P5 allowing machine to move on its own suspension.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lofar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!