L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
A Smitty Ha! 😊
Decades ago when running my FJ40 on remote NC outer banks beaches, carried a fluke anchor as a winch anchor. Just in case with rising tides.
Hey Mudder,

When were you in NC? I had a 73 FJ red 40 while stationed at Seymour Johnson 73 - 75 and I took it to Turkey and brought it back when I returned to CONUS. Sold it to a SEAL in Kings Bay, VA. Loved to run the beach and looking for Blues to surf fish. Shot lots of Teal in the mud holes on the OB. Wish I had that FJ back...RED was the best ya know!!

Caper had one two.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Search on "land anchors for winches" and you find a lot of alternatives. I live in a swampy area, and when you have no trees to anchor to, they are essential.

I might add to the "survival kit" some food, water, and TP. If I carry anymore tools and stuff, I'll have to get heavy duty shocks. LOL

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've buried a spare tire and used that to winch to...not as handy as a sand anchor...and I've used shirt pockets when no TP is available...but never moss.

Reactions: CID and Buggyman
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
rudyeng I like your kit...here in AZ I have similar but also snow in winter so add
  • fire starting kit and water proof blankets....been stuck in a snow storm nearly froze my a** off......had a fire kit so was able to warm up.
  • I also now carry portable rollup rear and side windows. Running back to camp in the cold wet with rain or snow blowing in sucks!!
  • In AZ Slime and an hi capacity air compressor are important for thorns and cactus in your tires.
  • Spare fuses...had a couple blow sucks if you don't have any
  • duct tape
  • heavy duty zip ties
  • tie wire
  • SOG shovel
  • Spare tire
Hey Mudder I carry a similar Boost....I love it....have used it several times to help other guys but not mine so far.
What roll up windows are you using?

Reactions: Buggyman
JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve stayed in Seymour Johnson AFB lodging a couple of times in my travels.
I always wondered what Mr. and Mrs. Johnson were thinking when they named their son Seymour.
I bet he got his ass kicked every day in gym class.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’ve stayed in Seymour Johnson AFB lodging a couple of times in my travels.
I always wondered what Mr. and Mrs. Johnson were thinking when they named their son Seymour.
I bet he got his ass kicked every day in gym class.
Not unlike Augusta

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!