P1000 Service manual or other tech info

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was under the impression that Lifetime members had access to online service manuals or other info that explained the 'how to' on Pioneers. I have looked, but failed to locate anything like that.

There are several things I would like to check on, but the main thing at this time is where/how/tech info on adjusting for optimal shifting into/out of 4wd/4wd lock. Any help is appreciated.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well after walking 2 miles back to get my truck to pull my P1000 backwards so that I could drive it home and then walk back to get my truck and now having spent the last 2 hours trying to find the service manual to find out how to adjust the reverse shifting cable, I am frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could someone please tell me where to find the service manual or tell me how to adjust the reverse cable. My rig will just almost go in to reverse but doesn't quite go all the way in and just clatters. Help please.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you Jesseh1970 for sending me the link.
After trying to do the right thing and looking at the manual, since I didn't find the manual till I just came back out of the shop, I went ahead and started to look things over with out knowing where to look. Finding the shifting adjustment box it seems to be apparent that there isn't an adjustment for just reverse so that means that it's likely a shifting fork that is bent and hopefully only that and not the gear too.
So has anyone else had this happen?
I do not play in the mud and don't do much other than ride farm roads and plow some snow. After enjoying all of the adventures that many of you guys go on and seeing the pictures of you using your machines, I am bewildered how my rig could be having this kind of an issue.
Guess that this is just one of those sucks to be me things?!?!?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thank you Jesseh1970 for sending me the link.
After trying to do the right thing and looking at the manual, since I didn't find the manual till I just came back out of the shop, I went ahead and started to look things over with out knowing where to look. Finding the shifting adjustment box it seems to be apparent that there isn't an adjustment for just reverse so that means that it's likely a shifting fork that is bent and hopefully only that and not the gear too.
So has anyone else had this happen?
I do not play in the mud and don't do much other than ride farm roads and plow some snow. After enjoying all of the adventures that many of you guys go on and seeing the pictures of you using your machines, I am bewildered how my rig could be having this kind of an issue.
Guess that this is just one of those sucks to be me things?!?!?
What year?

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wrench04

Wrench04

Feb 16, 2019
British Columbia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you guys end up finding a manual?
Im looking for one to get some basic torque specs for ball joints and such. If you can point me in the right direction or send me a pdf copy I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for any help you can provide

advertisement