shake rattle and roll

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Ohanacreek - Did you view my post above from Sept. 19th? This may be your problem. I had to widen the slotted holes.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Swamper said:
What I did was remove the U-bracket and I used a round file to lengthen the hole slots......

Thanks Swamper, I'll try that once the sprayer is empty. Somehow I completely skipped over that part of the sentence. What I get for having too many irons in the fire.

"The more things you do the fewer you do well." ~Me, 2013

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
I know all about too many the irons in the fire I've got the same problem. What I found on mine was the squeaking source was the metal to metal contact on the latch. The D-ring on the bed must be set high enough so that, when latched, the bed is firm against the rubber lower bumper which puts more contact force on the latch. Good Luck!

M

Mandride

Sep 17, 2013
I just ran up a 1/2 mile climb on about 65 degree incline and it shakes if you go too slow. From your description I think you have an issue. I also took mine into a creek and had a 20 foot limb out on the other side at about 80 degrees and it pulled up great! My wife was in the seat beside and said she puckered up a lot. :) What is even more scary is going back down it into the creek. I wish I had took a video of it.

Let us know if you found out the issue.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!