540RA

540RA

Not So Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2023
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
New 1000 owner here... i finally got it home. I Wasn't sure if it would fit in the trailer, but it cleared after letting some air out of the tires. My main goal for now is getting it street ready/legal. Bought the top while at the dealer, and it will soon have a SATV windshield and other stuff.

Hp3 Hp1 Hp2 Hp4

Jas sxs

Jas sxs

Oct 15, 2021
rankin county ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No one answered - - I'm astonished! Okay, the winch hook is connected to a shackle. The clevis or shackle mount is available in either a weld-on or bolt-on form. Fairly inexpensive, and convenient for doubling the winch power by using a snatch block etc.

Another view of them. Mine are bolt-on. If using weld on, they would be moved in-board about and inch or so, to line up with the frame mounts of the bumper. If I ever ding up the bumper and need to re-paint, I'll probably do that.

View attachment 328078
i did the bolt on mounts and love them

Reactions: Smitty335
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are using a common "shackle", there is no need to hunker down or tighten up the cross (or closing) bolt, just screw it in finger tight until it stops.

BTW, since writing my previous post, I have used the sxs 4,500 lb winch to pull my tractor out, up a 25 degree incline, when it got its front end stuck in some slick organic mud in a spring fed area of the mountain that rises from my back yard. I anchored the back of the Honda to a large Jeffrey pine tree, as the Honda would have otherwise just been dragged down hill. The winch line was then threaded through a snatch block on the rear tow bar of the tractor and back to that shackle on the Honda front bumper.

I got in the tractor with the wireless winch remote, and proceeded to drive it slowly in 4 WD reverse out of the mud. Worked like a champ!! No signs of bending or pending failure at the bolt on shackle mounts. I was just tickled I didn't need to call another neighbor with his tractor to rescue my sorry butt!

BTW, I got the tractor stuck trying to help the wife who had raked up a ton of pinecones. There are three springs that flow constantly from the mountain onto our property, along with a good sized aspen grove, so there lots of biomass from plant growth over the centuries . . . some of the stickiest mud you can imagine.

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
540RA

540RA

Not So Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2023
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
...been clearing brush and small trees, almost an acre's worth, and will hopefully soon have a grand view of the distant hills. The house sits 40 foot below, If i were 20 years younger I would build a bigger house up here. This area will be for family and friends to park their RV's when they visit . I use the 1K6 primarily to haul brush to the burn piles.

UA 2 UA 6 UA 7 UA 8 UA 9 UA 10 UA 1

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I recently sold my 2018 P1000-3 with nearly 10,000 Wisconsin trail miles to my brother in Missouri. He has modified it for his deer hunting passion. Looks like he will be racking up bucks instead of miles.
IMG 20231112 141856

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!