P1000 Shift Motor

oldtrucks

oldtrucks

Mar 15, 2015
Pinehurst Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven't been on for quite a while. Facebook sidelined me. Any way since I was here my machine began shutting off during an up shift. Very annoying so I took it to the dealer and after a lot of research with Honda it was the shift motor. $900.00 later and a new shift motor it is going strong again. It has almost 12,000 miles on it and that has been the only problem so I'm not disappointed and look forward to the next 12'000 plus trouble free miles. By the way it still has the original brake pads.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Haven't been on for quite a while. Facebook sidelined me. Any way since I was here my machine began shutting off during an up shift. Very annoying so I took it to the dealer and after a lot of research with Honda it was the shift motor. $900.00 later and a new shift motor it is going strong again. It has almost 12,000 miles on it and that has been the only problem so I'm not disappointed and look forward to the next 12'000 plus trouble free miles. By the way it still has the original brake pads.
Cool

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Did it shut down continuously when trying to make the 1-2 shift? If you used manual and kept it in low gear it would keep going ?( So as to get home)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!