Denny_B1

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 6, 2021
Pittstown, NY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
As a reasonably
new member, I'm not sure how Honda works. My shipping date was June 28, now it's suppose to be July 28. is this a common way honda does business.
Thanks in advance
Denny Broughel
Pittstown N.Y.

Reactions: Lady01
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hello,
Unfourchently in this current time, Yes!
The market is very scarce and volatile at this time.
Unfourchently, no one, even dealers do not have any real info as to the issues and holdups.
If you saw the news lately on car manufactures and lots full of trucks sitting waiting on a single part....
Ya, a simple rocker switch being on backorder will hold up your machine.
Honda will NOT ship it incomplete.
Honda in SC must build and create them, then they are shipped to a regional assembly warehouse where they are assembled to a rolling state. This may be 100% or may be with ROPS knocked down putting that responsibility on the dealer to finish once it arrives.

But the good news is, the flow has picked up lately as I have seen many dealers getting several. One dealer received a dozen units last month.

Hang tight... It will arrive soon.
Good luck.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the honda addiction! Unfortunately I work in manufacturing and we are constantly adjust production schedules based on supply chain. As Hondasxs said it only takes 1 small part to mess everything up. I am sure Honda South Carolina is doing everything possible to get the SxS to the dealers. This last year as been a real challenge for everyone that produces products from raw material to components to manpower to work the production lines.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not just Honda. Some friends of mine just went through this with Yamaha. After their date got pushed back three times they canceled their order and bought a used machine from someone local.

BigDeeeeeeee

BigDeeeeeeee

Jan 4, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I could only get 1 local dealer to take a deposit and try to order me a p1000le. After a couple months they told me they probably wouldn't see one and gave me my deposit back. I found one on ATV Trader in CA and took a long drive to pick it up in the first part of April.

Good Luck.

kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The sales person at the dealership I have a deposit (early May) has never given me a projected date for delivery. However when asked realistic time frame he said could be November but also could be any point before then as well. Just been gathering accessories along the way during the wait.

Reactions: Backwoods
shaptown88

shaptown88

Mar 13, 2021
Lebanon, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My shipping date was March 13th. It just arrived today at the dealership. This dealership was supposed to get 10 p1000-5's but only got one total this whole year

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Where having the same issue now with Carrier Infinity thermostats. On back order till the estimate of this time next year!
Its the times were in for sure! Its all part of the ChiComs master plan to disrupt us starting with the China virus!

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sympathies for the delays.
I've been watching the dealerships around Utah and it looks like they have to cage fight to get on the list for a delivery.
I've heard that the biggest supply chain disruptions are from some very small microchips. The big chip factories are more interested in high-margin complicated chips over the cheap, simple and small ones.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!