drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Didn't plan on doing too many pricey upgrades to my Honda when I bought it and I've pretty much stayed the course. I've added better tires, windshield, snorkel, roof, bumper, winch, HID's and LED's, tool box, some of @Delton's tube doors and hinge-pedal (great addition), and 5-seater rear shocks given to me by @Eltobgi (thanks Joe).:)

I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money on a lift and aftermarket shocks. So right after this years "takeover", I added spacers to the front shocks, (thanks @BIGRACK) which lifted the front slightly and stiffened it, (a noticeable improvement).
20170501 1228581
This morning I stopped by my buddies here in town who does a lot of exhaust system work and asked if he had any 3inch pipe I could make spacers out of for the rear shocks.. He had a whole box of scrap pieces of 3 inch stainless pipe. Gave me a piece and sent me on my way.:cool:
20170718 1009501

With a little work, it came out pretty nice.
20170718 1241591 20170718 1310311
Rear stiffened slightly and it certainly gave me some more height as you can see by the proximity of my roof to the top of the door....:eek: I can't raise it anymore or I'll have to start raising my garage or let some air out of my tires. ;)
20170718 1305191
I know others have done this same upgrade in the past. So I guess I'm posting this so others who don't want to spend a lot of money or don't have deep pockets or don't want to max out their credit cards for suspension upgrades, (aforementioned lift and shocks), can get some improvement with very little or no money. No, there is no adjustability with the spacers but they are certainly priced right.:D :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Definitely looks better and as you mentioned, the price is right.

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Didn't plan on doing too many pricey upgrades to my Honda when I bought it and I've pretty much stayed the course. I've added better tires, windshield, snorkel, roof, bumper, winch, HID's and LED's, tool box, some of @Delton's tube doors and hinge-pedal (great addition), and 5-seater rear shocks given to me by @Eltobgi (thanks Joe).:)

I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money on a lift and aftermarket shocks. So right after this years "takeover", I added spacers to the front shocks, (thanks @BIGRACK) which lifted the front slightly and stiffened it, (a noticeable improvement).
View attachment 49338
This morning I stopped by my buddies here in town who does a lot of exhaust system work and asked if he had any 3inch pipe I could make spacers out of for the rear shocks.. He had a whole box of scrap pieces of 3 inch stainless pipe. Gave me a piece and sent me on my way.:cool:
View attachment 49335

With a little work, it came out pretty nice.
View attachment 49337 View attachment 49336
Rear stiffened slightly and it certainly gave me some more height as you can see by the proximity of my roof to the top of the door....:eek: I can't raise it anymore or I'll have to start raising my garage or let some air out of my tires. ;)
View attachment 49339
I know others have done this same upgrade in the past. So I guess I'm posting this so others who don't want to spend a lot of money or don't have deep pockets or don't want to max out their credit cards for suspension upgrades, (aforementioned lift and shocks), can get some improvement with very little or no money. No, there is no adjustability with the spacers but they are certainly priced right.:D :rolleyes:
Looking good Doc. They will settle in a bit. With 7/8 up front and 3/4 back mine is almost perfect level.....until I load all my crap I seem to think I need to haul every where:rolleyes:

Last edited:
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I forgot to do a before measure but if I remember it was 13" to the bottom of the skid. Basically however much lift you want..cut the spacer half that. So for 2" lift cut spacer 1".
That was my question, the ratio. I may consider this. Anybody had any axle issues after lifting?

Reactions: sharp and drfubar
advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Added this winch strap too... not a lot of money. (Ahem...., in red of course)
20170719 0913561 20170719 0914051
This machine also works hard. I need to pull the boat and trailer out of the carport so I could grease the wheel bearings. To get it back into the carport I have to get up a gravel hill... spun a little in 4 wheel but she clawed all the way back up.
20170719 0951001 20170719 0951541

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I like the mobile drinking platform (aka pontoon boat). Living on a lake, that will be the next big purchase once I refurb the dock.

Red?!?, Really? I would have figured you for a "blue state" guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like the mobile drinking platform (aka pontoon boat). Living on a lake, that will be the next big purchase once I refurb the dock.

Red?!?, Really? I would have figured you for a "blue state" guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, when C and I get days off together and it's sunny and warm, we load up the dogs and take the 3 mile run to the lake. Over the past few years I got her backing the trailer down so I don't have to run back and forth.. We are a well oiled team now.:D

thevinylcreator

thevinylcreator

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2016
Pleasant Lake, IN
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had to do this option, mainly cuz I went to a larger tire and then added a 6 1/2' V plow and the front tires were rubbing and I needed a little more so they would rub with the plow on. Worked out great for a little bit of money

Reactions: sharp and drfubar
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!