P1000 Shocks on rear sway bar

Joshk1908

Joshk1908

Feb 1, 2023
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
So after doing some research it appears allot of people are disconnecting their rear sway bar to get a little better ride. That being said, the talons and razors have a sway bar shock on the end links. Has anyone added a sway bar end link shock on the pioneer?

Reactions: TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So after doing some research it appears allot of people are disconnecting their rear sway bar to get a little better ride. That being said, the talons and FIRE TRAP POO POO’s have a sway bar shock on the end links. Has anyone added a sway bar end link shock on the pioneer?
We dont say the devils name in vain! 😂
So Fixed it for you!😉

To answer your question, negatory there ghost rider!
The distance for a shock to preform properly aka suspension travel, like on the Talon and that other thing you mentioned🙄 would not make any difference for proper articulation than just leaving the sway bar on.
Just remove it and be done with it, you wont be sorry! Dont try and re event the wheel. You can if u want, its your money😂

Reactions: Jason W and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Oh, You havent done an intro thread with pics of your rig yet
So welcome From Michigan! Go Blue!
POIDH

Reactions: TxDoc
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
... That being said, the talons and razors have a sway bar shock on the end links. Has anyone added a sway bar end link shock on the pioneer?
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. :cool:

For the record, Talons don't have sway bar shocks on the end links, but they're available from the aftermarket.

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Talons don't have sway bar shocks on the end links, but they're available from the aftermarket.
You are correct. But I think thats what he was referring to, like the ones @Plumber32 and I have on our Talons

Reactions: CID
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X

4. Talon R

5. Talon R LV
Upgrade your shocks. If you intend on operating your machine at speed occasionally, you won't enjoy not having a rear sway bar. Removing will promote body roll. This can be manageable, but it will ultimately reduce ground speed and make the experience like driving on black ice through the corners or unexpected off camber offsets. Removing the sway bar allows more rear suspension articulation which will give you more traction in slower obstacles. You never see a short course or dessert machine without a rear sway bar, never. If you're looking to enhance your driving experience, look at the Fox set-up and having them set-up for your intended driving needs. This set-up appears to be the best bang for the buck, and many on the Forum are running this set-up. You're going to drop a little coin, but this option will be $$ well spent, and you'll never look back having done so. I went the step beyond and have no regrets having done so. I was at the farm yesterday giving my Girl Friend's Children and Grandkids rides around the farm in my P1K5. Lot's of smiles and big eyes

Reactions: CID
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Upgrade your shocks. If you intend on operating your machine at speed occasionally, you won't enjoy not having a rear sway bar. Removing will promote body roll. This can be manageable, but it will ultimately reduce ground speed and make the experience like driving on black ice through the corners or unexpected off camber offsets. Removing the sway bar allows more rear suspension articulation which will give you more traction in slower obstacles. You never see a short course or dessert machine without a rear sway bar, never. If you're looking to enhance your driving experience, look at the Fox set-up and having them set-up for your intended driving needs. This set-up appears to be the best bang for the buck, and many on the Forum are running this set-up. You're going to drop a little coin, but this option will be $$ well spent, and you'll never look back having done so. I went the step beyond and have no regrets having done so. I was at the farm yesterday giving my Girl Friend's Children and Grandkids rides around the farm in my P1K5. Lot's of smiles and big eyes
not totally aligned - I had my shocks on the talon revolved and re-resprung and disconnected rear sway bar - it doesn't feel like im driving on black ice - I don't race but can still slam high speed corners - just albeit a little slower as got to give something up to gain something.....I enjoy not having that sway bar connected

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X

4. Talon R

5. Talon R LV
not totally aligned - I had my shocks on the talon revolved and re-resprung and disconnected rear sway bar - it doesn't feel like im driving on black ice - I don't race but can still slam high speed corners - just albeit a little slower as got to give something up to gain something.....I enjoy not having that sway bar connected
Ok, you obviously didn't read my post. You have re-sprung shocks and guessing differing setting for your cross overs? The OP was wondering about removing the rear sway bar on a P1K6? You're comparing a Talon with much better Fox Shocks to a guy running a Pioneer 6 seater, no? Re-read my post and lay off the coffee

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Download 1 1

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X

4. Talon R

5. Talon R LV
Also, you don't see many people racing Talon Xs, but some run them and upgrade to R suspension A and Radius arms. R models have more suspension articulation due to a wider track by relocating the uprights which promotes stability.

Reactions: Remington
advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Removing the sway bar allows more rear suspension articulation which will give you more traction in slower obstacles.
Thats what 99% are trying to accomplish by removing them on the P1 line.
Also, you don't see many people racing Talon Xs
Lol Ill put my Snuff Tuned X to that challenge.
As snuff says…shes a ripper

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Ok, you obviously didn't read my post. You have re-sprung shocks and guessing differing setting for your cross overs? The OP was wondering about removing the rear sway bar on a P1K6? You're comparing a Talon with much better Fox Shocks to a guy running a Pioneer 6 seater, no? Re-read my post and lay off the coffee
lol - anyone have videos of a P16 slamming high speed.corners WFO with and without a sway bar - going for more coffee now

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X

4. Talon R

5. Talon R LV
lol - anyone have videos of a P16 slamming high speed.corners WFO with and without a sway bar - going for more coffee now
That's the way I run my 5 and would definitely give a 6 a whirl given the chance. I can't imagine I'm the only person who would?

Reactions: Remington
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There is a video on YouTube of a dude jumping a P1-6 atleast 6 ft. off the ground with about 25 ft. of distance.
I can’t seem to find the vid at the moment. He did continue to drive it but I’m sure he had to do some damage.

Joshk1908

Joshk1908

Feb 1, 2023
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Much appreciated to all the input with the suspension. Just trying to come up with a plan before the $$ starts flying. I’m currently looking at the rough country vertex shocks as well for the p1k6 but not wild about having wheel spacers. If I stick with the M1 rough country I’m good without. The overall plan is to change the suspension, keep the factory wheels and go with bigger tire. Looks like 28s will fit no problem but I’d really like to try a 29. Especially in the terrabite. (It seems they run small). Thoughts?

advertisement