Shopping Online vs Brick and Mortar

J

JTW

Damn thats cheap for rhino axles! Thanks for the info. I just bought 2 axles for the rear of my p5 from amazon for $105, they werent rhino either. They were just plain jane stock type axles. The add said you get 2 axles for $105 and only 1 showed up. The wife chewed ass on the phone for 3 days. The amazon company said you only get 1 axle for $105. The wife screenshoted where it says you get 2 and they finally sent a 2nd one. I lookedat that same amazon company just a few minutes ago and it still says you get 2 axles for $105. They never changed it. Im half tempted to order again but im sure the wife dont want to go through the headache of all that again lol.
I had a similar experience with a $15 item.. they only sent me one. I emailed but had no response. It just wasn’t worth my time to pursue further. I’m sure they rely on that very situation!

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I bet youre right. Being honest we have had a handfull of bad experiences with Amazon Prime lately, and or, ups. It seems we never had problems with ebay, or deliveries, or tracking information of we bought something from ebay. Lol, damn, why do i still use Amazon? I guess i didnt realize all this until i just typed it. Lol

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
ohanacreek i was responding to jtw lol. Im glad you are having good luck with Amazon Prime. We have loved using it in the past, but lately they have dropped the ball. Im sure it will turn back around.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I threaten to stop using them if they kept shipping USPS because they won’t deliver to our house but UPS will. Everything Prime is UPS now even if it’s 3 day shipping I don’t have to drive hour round trip and wait at the PO

We chased a rabbit there.

Back to axles I guess.

Reactions: JTW
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
J

JTW

ohanacreek i was responding to jtw lol. Im glad you are having good luck with Amazon Prime. We have loved using it in the past, but lately they have dropped the ball. Im sure it will turn back around.
I honestly can’t complain.. I’ve come out waaay ahead with prime! Lol

Reactions: Bastardchild
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I had a similar experience with a $15 item.. they only sent me one. I emailed but had no response. It just wasn’t worth my time to pursue further. I’m sure they rely on that very situation!
Me too . I just sent it back .

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah...if ya send something back..
...there's a re stock fee...

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I bet youre right. Being honest we have had a handfull of bad experiences with Amazon Prime lately, and or, ups. It seems we never had problems with ebay, or deliveries, or tracking information of we bought something from ebay. Lol, damn, why do i still use Amazon? I guess i didnt realize all this until i just typed it. Lol
I closed my amazon account- it wasn't easy. For about a month after that I got literally hundreds of spam emails from bogus amazon addresses and amazon too. Coincidence right? I will NEVER buy another thing through amazon. Period. These big indirect sellers are putting hundreds of small businesses out of business every day. Is that really worth saving a few bucks? Sorry about getting off topic- I'm done:)

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I closed my amazon account- it wasn't easy. For about a month after that I got literally hundreds of spam emails from bogus amazon addresses and amazon too. Coincidence right? I will NEVER buy another thing through amazon. Period. These big indirect sellers are putting hundreds of small businesses out of business every day. Is that really worth saving a few bucks? Sorry about getting off topic- I'm done:)

I understand the argument, and I understand the cost of a brick n mortar. Thing is if I can get an identical part number mower online from a retailer for $1000 less than a brick n mortar with a 5 year manufacturer warranty(brick n mortar has to service it under warranty) and NOT pay city or county tax. I just paid $1500 less.

I had it delivered to my house, FREE, uncrated it, trailered it to brick n mortar and paid him $150 for a "tune up" where he went through it and checked it out and set it up, he now does my warranty work and I buy wear parts from him.

Did the same with our whole house generator it was almost $2000 less, on top of price gouging and taxes, LOCAL distributor wanted $500 for delivery WTF?!?!, and I also have a full 5 year manufacturer warranty.

The brick n mortars I speak of offer no benefit for that $1000-1500, there has to be a benefit if you're more expensive.
What I sell is more expensive for the exact same part numbers vs most other integrators, but our service and installation is second to none so the customer SEES the benefit and is willing to pay for that.

Taxes are an ENTIRELY different soapbox, which again goes to the benefits of them.

If we want to stay off topic I can move the posts to another thread and we can keep going there.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Everything is going that way, it started with self serve gas and fast food, now it's self checkout and ATM's. So you can say that you'll never do that but then you'll never get gas or make a cash withdraw. What's worse is when you go to a brick and mortar and they tell you that they don't stock it but you can order it online, well no sh**!

B

bucky

Jun 6, 2017
pa
Ownership

1. 500
I see the cost reduction you speak of but when there are no more brick & mortar stores near you & you have to drive 100miles to get service then the extra cost seem more reasonable. I like to see what I buy in my hand & not guess at the quality but to each their own.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Everything is going that way, it started with self serve gas and fast food, now it's self checkout and ATM's. So you can say that you'll never do that but then you'll never get gas or make a cash withdraw. What's worse is when you go to a brick and mortar and they tell you that they don't stock it but you can order it online, well no sh**!
Agree...back in the day...
you went to store...to get
watever...now you go to store..
nobody carries an.. over head..
so they have to order...
it's cheaper..to order on line..
I agree if I buy something. .I wanna
see...hold...etc..
hate buying sh-t..&
Wait for it....

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I see the cost reduction you speak of but when there are no more brick & mortar stores near you & you have to drive 100miles to get service then the extra cost seem more reasonable. I like to see what I buy in my hand & not guess at the quality but to each their own.
EXACTLY!

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I understand the argument, and I understand the cost of a brick n mortar. Thing is if I can get an identical part number mower online from a retailer for $1000 less than a brick n mortar with a 5 year manufacturer warranty(brick n mortar has to service it under warranty) and NOT pay city or county tax. I just paid $1500 less.

I had it delivered to my house, FREE, uncrated it, trailered it to brick n mortar and paid him $150 for a "tune up" where he went through it and checked it out and set it up, he now does my warranty work and I buy wear parts from him.

Did the same with our whole house generator it was almost $2000 less, on top of price gouging and taxes, LOCAL distributor wanted $500 for delivery WTF?!?!, and I also have a full 5 year manufacturer warranty.

The brick n mortars I speak of offer no benefit for that $1000-1500, there has to be a benefit if you're more expensive.
What I sell is more expensive for the exact same part numbers vs most other integrators, but our service and installation is second to none so the customer SEES the benefit and is willing to pay for that.

Taxes are an ENTIRELY different soapbox, which again goes to the benefits of them.

If we want to stay off topic I can move the posts to another thread and we can keep going there.
I won't buy anything from amazon- didn't say I would never shop on-line. When you save as much as you quoted, it's a no-brainer. I always try to buy local/American first, but as you can see, I own a P500, cuz I don't like walking out of the woods, and I don't buy hype and propaganda.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I already drive 20-40miles to get to a dependable brick n mortar. The big box stores carry cheap high margin items if you want the quality version you HAVE to special order it or order it online anyway.

Most shops powersports,sporting goods, etc... do the same thing.

I never end up buying what’s in the store because I chose the slightly better version or you can get the in store version online cheaper without the brick n mortar markup, but I always go to them with the manufacturers warranty or for wear parts.