BOX1

Multi Shots from the trail.

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Its not really ringing a bell. Is it on the superior side of the mountain? IE telegraph canyon

My riding buddy says the beginning of Martinez Cabin Rd just after the cattle guard coming from Box Canyon.

Here's the spot.

3D relive route

Attached a gpx of my portion of the entire ride

Attachments

• 2021_Coke_Ovens_ride_.gpx
    1,004.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
My riding buddy says the beginning of Martinez Cabin Rd just after the cattle guard coming from Box Canyon.

Here's the spot.

3D relive route

Attached a gpx of my portion of the entire ride
LOL...Google link says it's at my house!

I thought it kinda looked like it was near the cattle guard, but I was there a few weeks back and I don't remember the rut at all.

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
LOL...Google link says it's at my house!

I thought it kinda looked like it was near the cattle guard, but I was there a few weeks back and I don't remember the rut at all.

Weird about the google link, details in the below screenshot.

Screenshot 2021 11 28 201202

If you were traveling on Martinez Canyon Rd or in the wash parallel to it, you would have missed it. The red line is the way we came from right to left cutting across the wash and onto Martinez Canyon Rd.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Weird about the google link, details in the below screenshot.

View attachment 306712

If you were traveling on Martinez Canyon Rd or in the wash parallel to it, you would have missed it. The red line is the way we came from right to left cutting across the wash and onto Martinez Canyon Rd.
Ah...ok. The little short cut into the wash over to that hill climb. I did notice it had washed pretty badly. With a good phone I can get cell service on that hill. I watched a can am break a tie rod on the bare rock section just before the cattle guard (???) from it a year or two ago.

That trail from the hill that goes east turns down the canyon and splits. One way takes you back to Martinez cabin trail but the other Heads back down the canyon and gets real tight at some point. I'm pretty sure it comes out near the south end of box canyon. Water sometimes flows out of it.
Have you ever explored those roads on up the wash right there? There's a maze of wash and ridge trails up there that I can't even keep straight. Some mines as well.

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ah...ok. The little short cut into the wash over to that hill climb. I did notice it had washed pretty badly. With a good phone I can get cell service on that hill. I watched a can am break a tie rod on the bare rock section just before the cattle guard (???) from it a year or two ago.

That trail from the hill that goes east turns down the canyon and splits. One way takes you back to Martinez cabin trail but the other Heads back down the canyon and gets real tight at some point. I'm pretty sure it comes out near the south end of box canyon. Water sometimes flows out of it.
Have you ever explored those roads on up the wash right there? There's a maze of wash and ridge trails up there that I can't even keep straight. Some mines as well.

I haven't ventured too much on that side, from what I've experienced it's punishing terrain. I like the stuff south of the Gila River better, my buddy prefers the rockier stuff.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I haven't ventured too much on that side, from what I've experienced it's punishing terrain. I like the stuff south of the Gila River better, my buddy prefers the rockier stuff.
The side stuff isn't bad, but that route over to the coke ovens is pretty brutal. I've done that in a 500. Imagine that!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Steering feels much better with the new rack...

IMG 20211204 114645612 HDR

...Though there is still some rattle somewhere.

We've all felt the springy bit of movement that EPS units brought to ATVs and side by sides when they started getting popular. Mine has that plus a little bit of free play now. To my knowledge, there's nothing serviceable inside the EPS unit, but I'm starting to become of the opinion that Honda's eps, which is probably lifted from some automobile or something else, isn't really up to off-road use for extended mileage.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!