P1000 Should I buy a 1000-5 with all of the issues in these forums?

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
If I personally could do it over I would go with the 4 seater Polaris General it's plush the ride is smooth the bucket seats are extremely comfortable I like 4 cup holders 2 front and 2 rear. For my usage hours on trails with water, sand, whoops my Honda beat you pre-lift. I have drove and road in the rear of a General you felt nothing. My back didn't hurt after two hours on rough trails I tried to convince the wife to trade it in for a General after that day.

The Pioneer is my first SxS I liked the power but the day I picked up my pioneer it stalled and took 5 minutes to crank right as we went to go on a night ride and the dealer charged me for new spark plugs $40 for the pair. I had the machine 6 hours I felt I shouldn't be on the hook to fix it that soon. Then the Florida summer came the cab feels like a sauna before my roof and windshield, it just got worse with those added. I have paid for two sets of plugs and the dealer charged me for a vent line ran to the roof they installed without asking us first. I have just had bad experiences so I could be jaded.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If I personally could do it over I would go with the 4 seater Polaris General it's plush the ride is smooth the bucket seats are extremely comfortable I like 4 cup holders 2 front and 2 rear. For my usage hours on trails with water, sand, whoops my Honda beat you pre-lift. I have drove and road in the rear of a General you felt nothing. My back didn't hurt after two hours on rough trails I tried to convince the wife to trade it in for a General after that day.

The Pioneer is my first SxS I liked the power but the day I picked up my pioneer it stalled and took 5 minutes to crank right as we went to go on a night ride and the dealer charged me for new spark plugs $40 for the pair. I had the machine 6 hours I felt I shouldn't be on the hook to fix it that soon. Then the Florida summer came the cab feels like a sauna before my roof and windshield, it just got worse with those added. I have paid for two sets of plugs and the dealer charged me for a vent line ran to the roof they installed without asking us first. I have just had bad experiences so I could be jaded.
I would never buy from that dealer again . If you don't mind you need to let everyone know the dealers name so people will not buy from them. They need to take care of there customers.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I would never buy from that dealer again . If you don't mind you need to let everyone know the dealers name so people will not buy from them. They need to take care of there customers.

Love motorsports Crystal River, Florida it used to be Love Honda now they sell all brands.

There's a worse dealer Ridenow wanted 22,000 for the pioneer I paid $17,000 at Love that's the reason I bought it there.

pioneer100067

pioneer100067

Aug 21, 2017
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda has a fix for the heat issue, Mine already been fix by Honda. Mine is a 2016 and I love it. I traded 2014 Teryx 4 in on it. The Kawasaki had heat issue for sure. Just dont ever buy A john Deere RSX850i.

Kaptain

Kaptain

Jun 8, 2017
Marsing, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

There is no way you should be paying for anything needed to make the rig run so early in the warranty. That dealer is jerking you around.

ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
look in the members section and click on user map. you will be amazed at all the pioneers out there world wide. and only a few with problems that we know of.
Absolutely, just look at Canada. There are like 30 people, thats like half the country on this forum.
Just kidding, I love my Canadians eh.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!