P1000 Should I buy a 1000-5 with all of the issues in these forums?

J

JoshB

Jun 11, 2016
Austin TX
I need to get a heat shield but couldn't find Bayouwnbeer on the forum. Can someone tell me how to get in touch with him so i can order a heat shield? Thanks

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need to get a heat shield but couldn't find Bayouwnbeer on the forum. Can someone tell me how to get in touch with him so i can order a heat shield? Thanks

He is also on the Honda Pioneer 1000 Facebook group, "RossandMathilda Ross".

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine came in saturday but havent installed it yet. Wow that was some super fast shipping too.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went a test drove the 1000-5 for 1st time today. Only complaint was the feel of the transmission. I could feel every gear shift more than I would have thought. Does it break in over time?
Thats because it has a real transmission and not a CVT belt. And yes they get alot smoother with some hours although I thought it was pretty smooth from the start.

B

BLC

Jun 22, 2017
Longview , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was getting ready to buy one and after reading all of the threads/reviews it's got me scared. Between the clutch issues, catastrophic failures and heat under the seat I am wondering if I should hold off to see if these issues are fixed with the 2017? I can live with the dump bed issue.
I also own a new 2016 Pioneer, have a windshield and roof. Heat from under seat was a problem. Spoke to my Honda dealer regarding this problem. He checked with Honda with him getting an answer to this problem with Honda stating Pioneer owners we'll be sent a fix with in the next few months at no cost. Honda is shipping fix to your mailing address.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also own a new 2016 Pioneer, have a windshield and roof. Heat from under seat was a problem. Spoke to my Honda dealer regarding this problem. He checked with Honda with him getting an answer to this problem with Honda stating Pioneer owners we'll be sent a fix with in the next few months at no cost. Honda is shipping fix to your mailing address.

Be nice if they did that with the updated air intake too.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
How about the P500, u can fry eggs between the seat belts as well. Would be nice to be included in that fix.

Kaptain

Kaptain

Jun 8, 2017
Marsing, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not to take away from the people who have had major issues, but it is true that every make and model has some failures. I am surprised that across the board there are as many glitches on Side by sides given their high cost. That said, I love my Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. It shifted harsh at first but after a few hundred miles that smoothed right out. I have a flip open windshield and a bilge fan under the seat, which was a simple task to install. No seat heat issues. I snorkeled it. Again really simple. It is important to remember that people with problems tend to post on forums at a higher rate than those who don't have issues. I would also say the stock tires stink (Bighorn 2.0). They are the same ones that came on my Teryx4, and I got two flats on my first ride. Thus that was one of the first things I replaced when I got this one.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I was getting ready to buy one and after reading all of the threads/reviews it's got me scared. Between the clutch issues, catastrophic failures and heat under the seat I am wondering if I should hold off to see if these issues are fixed with the 2017? I can live with the dump bed issue.
I would buy one again!!!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I would buy one again!!!!
I would give mine away with all the flaws, but I up graded shocks, tires and just roll up a towel for the heat issue, HA!

SheepCreekAK

SheepCreekAK

Apr 20, 2016
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i love my P1KD. 1800 miles of hard trail riding and the only problems i have had where all my doing. make sure to extend the vents and snorkel it before going near water it will save you a lot frustration. mine shifts smooth now and i love the manual shift in the woods.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
i love my P1KD. 1800 miles of hard trail riding and the only problems i have had where all my doing. make sure to extend the vents and snorkel it before going near water it will save you a lot frustration. mine shifts smooth now and i love the manual shift in the woods.
Mine's a piece of crap, Can hardly wait to go ride this piece of crap, HA!

Coop007

Coop007

Sep 14, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It takes alittle getting used to all the different sounds it makes. Mine has quieted down especially after I did the first service. It smooths out
I agree, just picked up 1000 LE 5, sounds are different for sure. At first the unit feels clutchy, some hard shifts..but after 20 miles on the machine, things are beginning to smooth out and be more consistent. I honestly don't even think about it anymore and just have fun putting the wind in my face. All manufacturers have issues that owners need to work through. My Can-Am 1000 would burn your legs off....little bit of heat wrap on headers...no more issues. I never thought I buy a Honda, Damn sure glad I did. I'm hooked.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree, just picked up 1000 LE 5, sounds are different for sure. At first the unit feels clutchy, some hard shifts..but after 20 miles on the machine, things are beginning to smooth out and be more consistent. I honestly don't even think about it anymore and just have fun putting the wind in my face. All manufacturers have issues that owners need to work through. My Can-Am 1000 would burn your legs off....little bit of heat wrap on headers...no more issues. I never thought I buy a Honda, Damn sure glad I did. I'm hooked.
Wait til it's got 2000 or so miles on it. They shift like butter.

Coop007

Coop007

Sep 14, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't mind a hard shift but only when I'm ready for it. Since I use turf mode a lot in the yard, a softer shift makes navigating through the yard a bit more relaxing. If I was out on the trails, I could see harder shifts. I haven't used manual shift yet. Hopefully I can play with that this weekend.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't mind a hard shift but only when I'm ready for it. Since I use turf mode a lot in the yard, a softer shift makes navigating through the yard a bit more relaxing. If I was out on the trails, I could see harder shifts. I haven't used manual shift yet. Hopefully I can play with that this weekend.
Ive used manual shifting 100% of the last couple thousand miles. I have no concrete evidence but I believe it's largely responsible for mine not having any clutch trouble.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!