P1000 Should I buy the Honda Care Protection Plan from the dealer.

J

JTW

I want to thank you guys for all the good advice. I bought a 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe yesterday evening. The information that I got from this website definitely played a big part in the decisions that were made. I got the two piece hard coat windshield and the hard Honda roof. I wanted to buy an aluminum roof online, but everyone was sold out of the one that I wanted, so I just let them put one on. I did not purchase the extended warranty. I may later, but I'm leaning against buying it.

I can't wait to ride it in the daylight; it was dark when I got it home last night and I'm working a 24 hour shift here at the fire station today. I'm hoping that me and girls will be able to take a ride after church tomorrow.

Thanks Again. I'm sure I'll be bothering you again soon about all of the stuff that I want to put on it.
@Kilo427 has a kick ass aluminum roof for sale!

Reactions: Kilo427 and BWAF
CLS

CLS

Aug 26, 2018
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to thank you guys for all the good advice. I bought a 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe yesterday evening. The information that I got from this website definitely played a big part in the decisions that were made. I got the two piece hard coat windshield and the hard Honda roof. I wanted to buy an aluminum roof online, but everyone was sold out of the one that I wanted, so I just let them put one on. I did not purchase the extended warranty. I may later, but I'm leaning against buying it.

I can't wait to ride it in the daylight; it was dark when I got it home last night and I'm working a 24 hour shift here at the fire station today. I'm hoping that me and girls will be able to take a ride after church tomorrow.

Thanks Again. I'm sure I'll be bothering you again soon about all of the stuff that I want to put on it.
Make sure the tires are around 10psi...I checked mine but my guage was bad. They were clear up around 20 psi. Made my first ride a terrible impression. The dealer set the bead but not the pressure. Once it was corrected it was super supple. Have fun! Post pics

Reactions: Fat_Elvis and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got it home last night and I'm stuck at the fire department until 7:00 a.m. I'll have to take some pics tomorrow.
I don't know if they got any better about it or not but check your toe in / out on front tires before you ride to much ! My 16 was toed out 1 1/2

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think I'm about to buy a new 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. I know that I want a roof, a windshield and an extended warranty. My question is: Should I buy these things from the dealer or should I buy them aftermarket? I found a dealer that has really good prices on the Pioneer, but the Protection Plan and accessories seem a little high. How much should I pay for the protection plan? Which windshield? Which roof? Sorry for the long question. I just want to get the best value for the money. I appreciate any advice that you can give me.
So, it’s a Honda, you don’t need an extended warranty...

Reactions: Fat_Elvis and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just depends what dealer and if they can be worked on one told me 1100 dollars another I told them 460 and they said ok probably a waste 1 1/2 and 2500 miles not a problem one .
Wow! They've gone up since I bought mine in the fall of 16, IIRC it was in the mid $400 range.

Reactions: Montecresto
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just depends what dealer and if they can be worked on one told me 1100 dollars another I told them 460 and they said ok probably a waste 1 1/2 and 2500 miles not a problem one .

It may be a waste but I still have two years to find out.

Reactions: BWAF
Jiggs

Jiggs

Sep 11, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey, Welcome to the club.
I can't think of a single person that has had an extended warranty claim be accepted. The Pioneer 1000 is starting to be a solid unit now that the growing pains have been cleared up. If you have a problem, it will show its head during the original warranty time.
But, with all that said I did buy it on mine. 2016. Shouldn't have, but I did.

As for accessories, get them where they best fit the pocket. Unless you need them installed.
Hondasxs, have you had any problems with your 2016? I had the engine light come on, went into limp mode so I loaded it up to have Honda take a look at it. The next morning it started right up no light and 30 miles later running great.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Jiggs,
If it goes into limp mode again, please grab a video of the dash with the codes. At least a minute should show the code. This will help your dealer and anyone else who you might ask for help.

Reactions: Montecresto
Jiggs

Jiggs

Sep 11, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Jiggs,
If it goes into limp mode again, please grab a video of the dash with the codes. At least a minute should show the code. This will help your dealer and anyone else who you might ask for help.
Is it suggested to take it to the dealer even though the light is off and running great?

advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is it suggested to take it to the dealer even though the light is off and running great?
If it is running fine, the dealer will send you home. Grab a video next time it happens. It will help build your case so to speak .

F

Fat_Elvis

Sep 25, 2018
Birmingham, Alabama
IMG 2493

Finally got to go for a little ride. I was very impressed with the machine. I've been looking at some of the pictures of your machines and I'm excited to start adding stuff to mine. I'll definitely be glad when the windshield come in.

Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome, you'll grow fond of yur ride as I have mine.

I skipped the extended warranty too, but that was personal preference. I've just passed my factory warranty time and 2,200 miles no issues at all.

I went with oem roof and two piece hard coated windshield too. The windshield lets air into cab on hot days and I like the roof over hang.

I agree on checking the front end toe. Mine was 5/8" out on passenger side. Didn't notice until around 700 miles and one tire was badly worn.

See if you can't cheer yur children up, they look so unhappy. LOL!

Reactions: Fat_Elvis

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!