P500 Should I trade in my Rincon?

B

bmur66

Jul 23, 2015
Ok Guys. The P500 has got my interest since I first saw one at an outdoor show. I use my Rincon for snow plowing, hunting, property maintenance and the occasional dice run or fun ride with buddies. I love my 2007 Rincon and it has never failed me. My quick attach Warn plow with power angle will transfer over to a P500. Am I going to be happy if I trade in? I have been reading up on the P500 and it sounds like a good machine. One thing I like about the Rincon is that it has a nice fairly plush ride. How about the P500?

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
don't trade keep and have both and the p5 you will love but the ride is a very stiff but will carry a ton of weight

Reactions: 500oneer
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
out of all my toys the p5 is definitely my fav but very close call with the 250l only because I can ride it on the rodes

B

bmur66

Jul 23, 2015
I'd love to have both but not sure I can swing it...maybe

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Sounds like for your intended use the P500 would be a good choice. The obvious advantage over the rincon is being able to safely carry a passenger. I wouldn't call the P500 ride plush, but I still have stock tires @ 10psi. The ride will get much better with larger tires aired down a bit...and you can remove the sway bar for an even better ride.

B

bmur66

Jul 23, 2015
Does having only the driver affect how it drives? Seems like it would be off balance.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Most defiantly effects the ride. But I think it is more in my head then the abaility of the machine. By my self I am full blast. With a passenger I tend to lighten up.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Ok Guys. The P500 has got my interest since I first saw one at an outdoor show. I use my Rincon for snow plowing, hunting, property maintenance and the occasional dice run or fun ride with buddies. I love my 2007 Rincon and it has never failed me. My quick attach Warn plow with power angle will transfer over to a P500. Am I going to be happy if I trade in? I have been reading up on the P500 and it sounds like a good machine. One thing I like about the Rincon is that it has a nice fairly plush ride. How about the P500?

Keep the Rincon if you can if nothing else but for plowing. I really like my P5 and have all but retired my Rincon as a result but for plowing the P5 will do fine but getting into reverse takes longer than the Rincon and can be cumbersome if you need to back up often

Reactions: 500oneer
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
If you get on and off your machine a lot the p500 is so much easier,even though the shocks and seat aren't as comfy the windshield and roof more than make up for it. I hardly ride my rincon anymore. WARNING accessories add to the price fast but are worth it. If I had to choose to run one for 8 hours I would pick p500 for sure. It beats getting baked in the sun or turned it a Popsicle.

advertisement
hambone

hambone

Mar 14, 2015
Southeast Indiana
One thing you will miss is power! I have Rubicon and can tell a big difference. I don't regret, I like the P5. Safer and can carry a lot more.
Trail riding is fine, but when we pull out on road to head to another trail, it does lack that power.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!