Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm thinking @JACKAL knows the actual pricing. But I remember it was the price of like two belt jobs on a popo
Both clutch packs and the gasket would run a little less than $510 total. ( each clutch pack is $250 x2 & $8 for the clutch cover gasket ) it takes about 1.5 hours to swap out the clutch with all the plastic in place. I was told a machine like this set up for competition having access to the clutch cover would be about a 15 minute swap out by some one with experience and practice.

Those prices are through procaliber.com a dealer would quote you about $780 retail for the same three parts.

Last edited:

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks!

How about the way you would cross a narrow ravine where the ravine width is basically the same as the length of your Pioneer and the walls of the ravine are somewhere around the height of your shoulders sitting in the machine. It would be interesting to know if you feel the same vibration as you start off or not. Maybe you won't because you do it better than I do.

Also starting from park on a steep hill. Do you feel any vibration?

I feel the shudder/vibration from the point I let off the brake and start giving it gas until I get moving fairly fast. It doesn't do this on flat areas.

I just thought about something it is like. It feels a lot like "brake torqueing" an automatic transmission car when I used to drag race friends on the back roads in high school. When you have the brakes held down and you throttle up and the brakes want to slip a little. That almost thrumming you will feel as the brakes slip a little.

Also similar to ABS feedback without the brake kickback in the pedal and not quite a fast.

That is why I figured it was a friction plate slipping since it has a similar feel.
I took a video crossing a steep ditch about chest high and about as wide as the pioneer on the back side of my workshop. As soon as the nose dips to the bottom it begins climbing the other side. This sounds like a mini version of what you are describing. I stopped with the nose pointed up and started in Low 1 turf. Now - to figure out how to load the video... the rattle you hear is from my kid not closing the rear door all the way. Didn't notice it, but the video picked it up well.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thank you!

If you have a Gmail account, you also have a Youtube account. You can just sign into your Gmail and go to Youtube and upload it and post a link here. Hopefully, your bandwidth is bigger than mine. It took me 30 min to upload 13 sec of video.:eek:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Both clutch packs and the gasket would run a little less than $510 total. ( each clutch pack is $250 x2 & $8 for the clutch cover gasket ) it takes about 1.5 hours to swap out the clutch with all the plastic in place. I was told a machine like this set up for competition having access to the clutch cover would be about a 15 minute swap out by some one with experience and practice.

Those prices are through procaliber.com a dealer would quote you about $780 retail for the same three parts.
Much better! Those are good numbers

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!