P1000 Side netting. Keep it?

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
That was the first thing I removed....However, I am the guy that disables all the "safety" crap on lawn mowers, cars, etc...I don't like bells dining because I didn't buckle or limiting my speed because I am going in reverse etc.

LOL!!!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got rid of it and used the bolts that were holding it on to put back in to hold a pod light bracket.

Reactions: Lady01 and Raynman
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
stuffed mine in a bucket and put it in the back of the shop. used the old net brackets to mount pod lights on the back and to ground my stereo on the side.

Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I removed the front nets, but kept the rear ones to protect the rear passengers from getting wacked by branches.

Reactions: Lady01
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I removed the fronts too as soon as I got home. I know to not put my arm out during a roll and that's all they are there for that I can figure. I left the rears on though since you can roll them up. If you have kids or people not familiar with crashing I'd probably leave them on.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I left mine on the first few weeks. But then removed them and after hauling butt down power line right of ways over grown with verry tall scotch broom and black bery bushes i put them back on. As bad as they look they realy help when you are beating through brush

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

advertisement
QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Do you keep the side window netting or remove it?
I roll mine up most of the time, but when I hit the woods I can't tell you how many times I've dropped them after getting slapped in the face with a branch or pricker bush. Now I make sure everyone drops them before we hit the tight stuff.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After getting slapped a few hundred times at @drfubar 's playground with branches, I've honestly considered putting mine back on lol. Plus just read a thread about one rolling and crushing his sons hand. I may reinstall mine just for that reason.

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
After getting slapped a few hundred times at @drfubar 's playground with branches, I've honestly considered putting mine back on lol. Plus just read a thread about one rolling and crushing his sons hand. I may reinstall mine just for that reason.

I reinstalled mine on the front the day after witnessing a horrific rollover where a young lady lost her arm. Rears are off, but I have the bed liner and never use the rear seats. Having the front on are great for when the alders grow back in and the trails get very narrow and overgrown.

Reactions: Lady01 and Raynman
B

Bigboy10

Jan 27, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2020 Honda pioneer 1000-5. New drive for 3 miles and miter died and came to a rolling stop. Would not start again. Engin turns over and was able to determine fuel pump not pumping. No power at pump. Relay and fuses are all good?

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
2020 Honda pioneer 1000-5. New drive for 3 miles and miter died and came to a rolling stop. Would not start again. Engin turns over and was able to determine fuel pump not pumping. No power at pump. Relay and fuses are all good?
Start a thread with exactly what you posted here. Most people will never pay attention in a side net thread.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!