Jason W

Jason W

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2024
Western NC mtns
Ownership

1. 500
Off the deep end I go, bought this 19 p500 one owner with 500miles, was used to feed horses and such. Very clean and unabused( for now).my moto in building and fab is allways tougher than your tire size, RELIABLITY BEATS CAPABILITY.
I'm a stickler for working on it in the shop, not in the mud.

I am a die hard Jeeper. Have been nearly my whole life. I4WDA , and tread lightly tread trainer certified, Jeep Jamboree trail guide as well. I know my way around affront well . I have a built JT gladiator I have had all over the USA. My brother and I are both disabled vets, we run a non profit shop, 2 bay with fab area, plasma table etc. We have built nearly 20 amd repaired way more than that Jeeps for other veterans for 0 labor cost. Broken skull Garage , getting it done in all the wrong ways!
Hence my p5, Side Piece, seems very fitting. I wanted another mental out in between Jeep trips, i live very close to browntn ohv, not farnfrom harlan ky, windrock etc
Yes I know, pics coming soon.

As it stands for now, honda windshield, factory roof, and chung ching maypop tires on it factory.
I intstalled honda storage bag installed on front bar. Honda factory rear trunk box.
Tusk soft rear window, Super atv 4500 winch, recovery and safety gear. Full aluminum skids and A arm gaurds. Rear tow point. Dry clothes bags, helmets, cooler and first aid, turnicuits and kwik clot.
Coffee can with TP

ORDERED ON THE WAY
26X9 26 X11 Sedona rip saws on tusk beartooth wheels from rocky mtn atv.
EZ, steer power steering kit, jump pack with inflator. Led headlight bulbs.

ON THE FENCE NEED ADVISE!
Shocks, walker, elka I am unsure, I have health issues and need a good ride.
Spare tire, I could use a factory wheel and a may pop cheapo 25 on it now, WHERE TO PUT IT? Rear factory?, front? Which one

Jack, I hate high lifts, bulky extra weight. Maybe a gm scissor jack
Front locker, im gonna go without for now to ensure no breakage , or it pisses me off( I know how too 2 ft drive), THANKS YALL FOR HAVING ME

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Personally on the shocks I would go with Walker. I like them because they are built in America! An automotive scissor jack is what I would recommend, it's compact and light. For a good ride I would go with the smallest wheel available and the tallest tire usable. @trigger and a few others have P5's and can give you the ins and outs of a P5. I have a P1000-3 so I am really P5 ignorant.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You'll get a hundred different opinions on what's needed and preferences. The biggest question is how far are you willing to go? It never ends on these things. Best to take it one step at a time honestly. Ride comfort, creature comfort, storage, capabilities, looks, performance... I had a list as long as your arm to start. Came back from my first takeover with a list nearly as long as that one and added sh!t over the years comparable to those. End result is a BA P5 but it's still a P5. You have to be committed to what it is out of the gate.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Oh yeah. I've spent a lot on dumb sh!t. Some of it only to be taken off and resold. Some of it I bought again later. That's the beauty of this forum, if you have the thought, one of us has probably already tried/done it. We can save you time and money and also help you spend your time and money.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Even with upgraded shocks the ride is not the best, just not much travel available. Which is why I now have one with a long travel arm kit. Still adding things to it; haven't had it out.

I have Elka 1s on one of mine. I like them. I have driven one briefly with Walker Evans. I liked them, too. :)

The Torq Locker for the front diff is tried and true. I most definitely recommend it!!

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Even with upgraded shocks the ride is not the best, just not much travel available. Which is why I now have one with a long travel arm kit. Still adding things to it; haven't had it out.

I have Elka 1s on one of mine. I like them. I have driven one briefly with Walker Evans. I liked them, too. :)

The Torq Locker for the front diff is tried and true. I most definitely recommend it!!
You will have that 500 riding like a well tuned 700 in no time:):):)

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
1st. Thanks from being a member.

Many good people and information on Honda Forum & ( they like Pictures )

Fyi: A Few are more full of themselves than others

Walker Evan Shocks perform Well on the P500 & P520
When Ordering Shocks <> ( unless your Empty Most of the time ) <>" Conside going up a little on Spring Weight carry capacity # rating "
When ordered mine <> WE had NO up charge for this service.

1st thing Most do --
" Compress Springs for Ride Height " & <> "LOOSE" <> Spring Travel & Ride Quality
Not much different than putting spacers on stock springs.

Little Heavier Spring Reduces the Need to Compress springs for height <> "Retaining Travel For Ride Quality"

Enjoy the Toy and Make Memories

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
There is that ghost post im getting again #6🤔🥳

@Jason W Ez steer is a game changer fo sho!
Best thing i ever did to my old P5.
Ain't nothing wrong with Stage 1 Elkas. Deff better than stockers.

Jason W

Jason W

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2024
Western NC mtns
Ownership

1. 500
Well, ya fawkers are bad a bad influence , I dig it.
Elka stage 1,s orderd

I'm thinking just putting spare inside trunk dohickey , seems to be enough room.
Use a 25 inch stock front.

Oh and Pic dump

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
I recently purchased a tusk scissor jack with mounting bracket and a Tonga adapter for my p5 I very pleased it's compact and works well.

IMG 20240319 174102 IMG 20240319 174125 IMG 20240319 174107

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!