Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Because they are almost as old as Methusala!
They hide there walking canes well! 😂

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Well, ya fawkers are bad a bad influence , I dig it.
Elka stage 1,s orderd

I'm thinking just putting spare inside trunk dohickey , seems to be enough room.
Use a 25 inch stock front.

Oh and Pic dump
Good choice on the Elka Stage1’s. Best bang for the buck for suspension. Had Walker Evans on my P500 and they were awesome but, they were overkill. The suspension geometry of the P500/520 is limited and the Elka S1’s improve the ride as good as you can expect.

silvertrd09

silvertrd09

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
On an actuall half intelligent honda p5 note, how long does a full tank of gas last, normal riding
If you need a little more gas in the tank you can pull out the over fill protection thing, the white thing when you look in the gas tank. Supposedly gives you about 2 more inches of gas in the tank. On the spare tire, I put 26-9-12's on 4 front wheels. You could use either the front or rear wheel for a spare. And I'd do some kinda snorkel.

Last edited:
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
The Mudbusters (extra coverage) fronts do a great job, and look good, IMO.
Their approach to the rear is a bit different. They offer mud flaps; yeah they help. But they don't offer a rear fender flare like the fronts. Their approach is to offer two 3" plastic inserts that install between the fender and the main rear plastic piece (under the luggage rack). You end up with rear fenders that better cover the rear wheels. However, your plastics are now at 56" wide which can make the buggy look a bit odd from the rear (inset tires, wheels). And you'll scrape the fenders more on tight trails.

I have the full extra coverage set on my P500; they make a big difference. I'm running 27x11x12 tires on 4+3 offset wheels on the rear. I added 1" spacers back there to balance the look. It bugged me.

I don't have them on my 520 (same tire/wheel setup). It gets much muddier!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!