Silicone spray for all purpose

D

doubleuay

Apr 4, 2015
So the dealer said to spray this silicone spray on everything... Plastic, metal, hinges, everything!!!
Any thoughts?

Reactions: Geoff
BamaBoundSteve

BamaBoundSteve

Lifetime Member
Mar 13, 2015
S.E. Alabama
I can only offer this. At work, the dealer of our Holmatro Rescue tools told us something similar. He stated that a WD product was harmful to the various seals and such. The advice was spray the joints and pivot points. Then spray the lobster claws, duckbills, etc and wipe them down to leave a light coating. 12 years later the tools we kept run and look almost new.
As far as the plastics, I'm not sure if it has any benefit. I plan on coating the areas that are colored with an automotive protectant when I get one.

Reactions: duskygrouse
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buy whatever Honda sells keep the receipts and when things fail point out your maintenance practice was based on their recommendations.

Honda is aimed at long term reliability. If they pair a product. It's meant to be paired.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Dealer told me not to use the silicone spray or the white lithuum grease cause it hold dirt. He said just spray all joints frame moving parts with WD 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

doubleuay

Apr 4, 2015
Well that's some conflicting info...
More research necessary.

Beacheagle70

Beacheagle70

Lifetime Member
WD 40 dissipates moisture and does not protect against rust. Products like Extend convert the rust to a black primer like surface that will offer some protection. The ultimate rust preventive product is Rust Bullit .com, it covers rust converts it to a primer and comes in colors , check out their website.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
G

Geoff

Apr 25, 2015
Falling Rock,W.V.
So the dealer said to spray this silicone spray on everything... Plastic, metal, hinges, everything!!!
Any thoughts?
I use silicone spray on my windshield..,it's better and cheaper than Rain-X......,also on my headlights too, the mud comes off easier

P

perchbone

Feb 9, 2016
Michigan
My owners manual recommends CRC 6-56 or an equivalent (without Teflon or molybdenum additives). What are the full-time mechanics using?

Reactions: allgm1
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
My owners manual recommends CRC 6-56 or an equivalent (without Teflon or molybdenum additives). What are the full-time mechanics using?
I bought some the crc stuff the manual recommends, seem like its good stuff i use it on everything,much better product than wd.

Reactions: Phm and perchbone
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!