futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Since I have at least one bent front A-arm (and possibly one or more tweaked a-arm mounts) I'm considering upgrading to SATV's Forward Arched A-arms.

Figured I'd start a separate thread for updated info on these (fitment, install, what's not included, etc.).

I know a couple of guys besides me have some interest, and at least one member has installed them on a 520.

Some benefits are more strength, ability to adjust camber, ability to install 28" tires . . .

New ball joints are not included in the arms, plus whatever hardware that may entail.

If anyone has questions for @SuperATV then this would be a good place for them.

Firstly, can SATV verify fitment on a 2018 Pioneer 500?
Other than the A-arm ball joints (and someone to install them, in my case), what else do I need?
Other thoughts, concerns?

@SuperATV, @The Green Goat, @crewcabrob, @trigger

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I sent you a private message on them. Hope that it helps!

Reactions: futzin and Rdrcr
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Since I have at least one bent front A-arm (and possibly one or more tweaked a-arm mounts) I'm considering upgrading to SATV's Forward Arched A-arms.

Figured I'd start a separate thread for updated info on these (fitment, install, what's not included, etc.).

I know a couple of guys besides me have some interest, and at least one member has installed them on a 520.

Some benefits are more strength, ability to adjust camber, ability to install 28" tires . . .

New ball joints are not included in the arms, plus whatever hardware that may entail.

If anyone has questions for @SuperATV then this would be a good place for them.

Firstly, can SATV verify fitment on a 2018 Pioneer 500?
Other than the A-arm ball joints (and someone to install them, in my case), what else do I need?
Other thoughts, concerns?

@SuperATV, @The Green Goat, @crewcabrob, @trigger
My input won't be too helpful as I have the OutKast A arms. I had to drill out the A arm tabs to accept bigger bolts, that weren't provided btw. I went with All Balls ball joints. The arms did come with bushings but they weren't installed. You'll end up buying some clamps and such to resecure brake lines, unless the SATV ones accommodated for this? That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think the SATV arms are predrilled to re-use the existing clamps on the brake lines.
The SATV also provides the bushings, not installed. Easy to do, or no?
Unless they have changed the bushings since 2017, the bushings aren't worth installing, I've got over 2,000 miles on my RB3s, they need changing now. Before you install the bushings, make sure the Zerks will accept grease and are the correct ones for servicing after the install. Most accessory A-arms will beat the bushings out, not like the factory bushings that come in factory A-arms.

Reactions: Backwoods
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
First, you'll be super impressed with the A-arms. They are beefy!

- Steering stops are included. We recommend them to protect you from axle-bind. Go without at your own risk. Most guys toss them anyway, but you do run the risk of binding up an axle at full drop and full turn. Just be aware of your axle angles in more extreme situations.
- Pre-drilled for your brake line clips
- Bushings are included. Run them. Nothing wrong with those bushings. Lots of updates through the years.
- Adjustable camber
- You will reuse your stock ball joints if they are still in good condition.
- You shouldn't need anything else for the install

The odd thing is they are only listed for the 2022+ P500 model. I thought they fit all the years, so I'll have to do some digging on that tomorrow. I'm hoping that's just an error, but I'll confirm tomorrow when the fitment team gets back in the morning.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I think the SATV arms are predrilled to re-use the existing clamps on the brake lines.
The SATV also provides the bushings, not installed. Easy to do, or no?
What's ironic is that the bushings that came with mine came from SATV. I haven't had any problems with mine and they just push in.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
First, you'll be super impressed with the A-arms. They are beefy!

- Steering stops are included. We recommend them to protect you from axle-bind. Go without at your own risk. Most guys toss them anyway, but you do run the risk of binding up an axle at full drop and full turn. Just be aware of your axle angles in more extreme situations.
- Pre-drilled for your brake line clips
- Bushings are included. Run them. Nothing wrong with those bushings. Lots of updates through the years.
- Adjustable camber
- You will reuse your stock ball joints if they are still in good condition.
- You shouldn't need anything else for the install

The odd thing is they are only listed for the 2022+ P500 model. I thought they fit all the years, so I'll have to do some digging on that tomorrow. I'm hoping that's just an error, but I'll confirm tomorrow when the fitment team gets back in the morning.

Good deal, I appreciate it.

Reactions: Coeus and Smitty335
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Good deal, I appreciate it.
After looking deeper into this, I'm thinking that's why we capped the fitment at 2022+ for the 500 models. Its going to be a bushing and hardware difference like @trigger mentioned above.

@trigger what year is yours? If yours is pre-2022, I'm betting @futzin would have to do the same thing and find bigger hardware and drill the tabs out to match the 2022+ models.

Reactions: trigger
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
After looking deeper into this, I'm thinking that's why we capped the fitment at 2022+ for the 500 models. Its going to be a bushing and hardware difference like @trigger mentioned above.

@trigger what year is yours? If yours is pre-2022, I'm betting @futzin would have to do the same thing and find bigger hardware and drill the tabs out to match the 2022+ models.

What am I missing?

My 2021 P520 (approved fitment) and my 2018 P500 use the same A-arm mounting hardware...

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
What am I missing?

My 2021 P520 (approved fitment) and my 2018 P500 use the same A-arm mounting hardware...
Bushings I think. I think yours has funky bushings. And they changed to the 520 bushings in 2022. We modeled the arms off the 520...assuming they would work on the older 500 models, but you have those funky fixed bushings. They should bolt right up with the included bushing kit, but you may need hardware or may need to drill the tabs out a little bigger. I'm not exactly sure which or both, but the bushings are the only major difference.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Mine's a '15. 10mm bolts were factory, had to drill them out for 12's. The first post in this thread tells the story.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Yep, bet that's exactly it. There was a bushing change around the time of the 520 release for both...the 500 and 520. The older bushings were non-removable in the arms.

You'll MAY need 12mm bolts and drill out the frame tabs for the 12mm bolts. You may not. The 10mm may work just fine.

BOOM!! Bolts right up to all years depending on any hardware changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Futz, you said you're not real mechanical and neither was I with this or the Torq locker. Something that crossed my mind and maybe you know it already but I didn't when I did mine. Putting the machine on the ground before tightening the A arm bolts. Probably common sense for most but I'm not a gear head, more of a fit and finish guy. 🤷‍♂️

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!