Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
In 30 days, OHVs will be banned in town. There is another petition that comes up in 2 weeks to keep allowing access. The town council voted 4-3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too bad, but understandable...
The few abusers always ruin things for everyone else....

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Too bad, but understandable...
The few abusers always ruin things for everyone else....

I’ve only been there once last summer. This seems like the easy way out. Where is the enforcement for the idiots? I have found grants that support maintenance and enforcement of the laws in Colorado. And I don’t support 7 people, although elected officials, making this decision when another petition is known to exist.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really makes sense, people get stupid around the 4th to the point I don’t even go to the silverton area over it. I’ll be out there in 8 days and will skip that area as there are good areas to ride that aren’t as crowded.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I’ve only been there once last summer. This seems like the easy way out. Where is the enforcement for the idiots? I have found grants that support maintenance and enforcement of the laws in Colorado. And I don’t support 7 people, although elected officials, making this decision when another petition is known to exist.

I understand that, but it seems to be the trend, same thing is going on in Moab. I’ve talked to these people, the folks that rent SXS’s in this town say that people are abusing the privilege (let’s remember that it’s a privilege) by driving faster than the speed limit and not respecting the towns people by driving around late, loud and often drunk....This is a threat to their business success....

advertisement
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd choose Lake City over Silverton any day. I've stayed in both but still sad to see them do that. I feel sorry for the shop keepers who will lose income.
Thing is, the town is so small the people running the gov there are the shop owners so really it’s their own doing, don’t think there is a year round population. Seems like most shop owners aren’t even CO residents. Go there in Oct and everything is closed and it’s almost a ghost town.

D

Dgardner

Oct 13, 2016
Phoenix Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is an amazing amount of ride area around Silverton. The in town ride band will not affect your time there.

Reactions: TimG
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I understand that, but it seems to be the trend, same thing is going on in Moab. I’ve talked to these people, the folks that rent SXS’s in this town say that people are abusing the privilege (let’s remember that it’s a privilege) by driving faster than the speed limit and not respecting the towns people by driving around late, loud and often drunk....This is a threat to their business success....
Yes, Moab's struggling with this issue and it is caused by excess revving and noise in town and the residential areas - especially early and late in the day. I love that Utah passed the street legal law but we have to be respectful and understand that UTVs make more noise. If we sneak around a bit more, fewer people will notice and get angry.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There is an amazing amount of ride area around Silverton. The in town ride band will not affect your time there.
Only that people will have to trailer there SXS’s out of town, and apparently rentals will have to move or close up.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes, Moab's struggling with this issue and it is caused by excess revving and noise in town and the residential areas - especially early and late in the day. I love that Utah passed the street legal law but we have to be respectful and understand that UTVs make more noise. If we sneak around a bit more, fewer people will notice and get angry.
True, but everybody has to respect the residents of Moab and the rules, whereas we are each only responsible for ourselves. Unfortunately, as is always the case with everything else, the few will ruin things for the many. It’s just sad that like everything else, this is being politicized and there’s senseless finger pointing, when in reality, it’s a few abusers ruining things for all the rest...

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!