Silverton Colorado

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are looking to book a trip to Silverton, Colorado and was wondering if anybody on here has been? If so did you go in July? Etc

Reactions: JTW and Plumber32
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes went last year in July. Wouldn’t go before July as all the trails are not cleared of snow. Great trip 500 miles in 5 days my ass bone was wore out. Bring rain gear. Rains almost every day. Beautiful waterfalls from snow melt. Great little town.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW and Plumber32
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
I'm also interested in a Colorado trip!
@CaptinJackRZR and @Kilo427 are my traveling buddies, so there in too!!!

Reactions: Plumber32
advertisement
Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been to that area a couple of times and have a trip planned there the last week of Aug. thru Labor Day weekend. Already have motel booked. Plan on doing the Alpine loop again, Stoney pass road all the way to Creede, Imogene pass, and some other trails. Great place to ride - not a lot of technical trails but still a blast to ride. @Tramguage1 @JTW @Kilo427 @Plumber32

Last edited:
Durangotang

Durangotang

Feb 24, 2018
Just outside Durango, CO
We're about 1 1/2 hours south of Silverton so it's a day trip for us. I'm about to buy a P500, just letting Phoenix dealers outbid each other. Used to own a Wrangler and have driven many of the trails in the area. Most of the trails are technically easy unless you have a fear of heights. Alpine Loop is great as is Ophir, Imogene, Stoney, heck, they're all great! One of the most spectacular is Black Bear Pass from the top of Red Mountain to Telluride. Only problem is its one way so you have to have a way to get back across the mountain.

Early to mid July is peak time for wildflowers which add to the scenery. Afternoon storms (we call them monsoons) can be an issue as you don't want to be on a ridge line when there's lightning.

Just a few hotels in Silverton so rooms do get booked up quick. Next would be Ouray to the north then Durango to the south.

Please keep me in the loop on your plans.

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been to that area a couple of times and have a trip planned there the last week of Aug. thru Labor Day weekend. Already have motel booked. Plan on doing the Alpine loop again, Stoney pass road all the way to Creede, Imogene pass, and some other trails. Great place to ride - not a lot of technical trails but still a blast to ride. @Tramguage1 @JTW @Kilo427 @Plumber32

A few years back I was moose hunting in the Creede area, and decided to take the trail to Silverton. I was in a 1999 Silverado 4x4 ext cab. We passed Jeeps up side down, a rolled Honda Fourtrax, and alot of amazed people. My truck was bone stock with 7.4 liter gas engine. We made the trip into town and got a big cow moose with black powder on the way back. By that time the Jeep was gone but the (rounded) Fourtrax was still there. I never spun a tire the whole way. Guess with age comes some smarts. That area would be ideal for a SXS. It was really beautiful, and the green hurt my eyes. (Live in Nevada).

J

JTW

I’d love to.. but that’s my busy time on the lake.. I plan to get to silverton soon so scope it out good for me!

Reactions: Koda and Plumber32
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We're about 1 1/2 hours south of Silverton so it's a day trip for us. I'm about to buy a P500, just letting Phoenix dealers outbid each other. Used to own a Wrangler and have driven many of the trails in the area. Most of the trails are technically easy unless you have a fear of heights. Alpine Loop is great as is Ophir, Imogene, Stoney, heck, they're all great! One of the most spectacular is Black Bear Pass from the top of Red Mountain to Telluride. Only problem is its one way so you have to have a way to get back across the mountain.

Early to mid July is peak time for wildflowers which add to the scenery. Afternoon storms (we call them monsoons) can be an issue as you don't want to be on a ridge line when there's lightning.

Just a few hotels in Silverton so rooms do get booked up quick. Next would be Ouray to the north then Durango to the south.

Please keep me in the loop on your plans.

Where do you live? I used to live up Florida Rd, couple miles before Lemon Dam, Colorado Trails Ranch.

Durangotang

Durangotang

Feb 24, 2018
Just outside Durango, CO
Where do you live? I used to live up Florida Rd, couple miles before Lemon Dam, Colorado Trails Ranch.
We're on 4.5 acres about 10 miles SE of town just on the eastern edge of the Florida River valley. Nice views of the La Platas, Missionary Ridge, and into the Weminuche.

Where are you now?

advertisement