Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm looking at taking a little winter trip to ride Colorado. Ive rode there plenty in summer but not winter. January-February time frame.

What are some places to go that won't require tracks? I'd like to be able to get a lot of miles in one place. Is this possible or will the snow be too deep?

Reactions: Tigermark
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I agree that snow will be a problem. There are groomed trail systems like Grand Lake but I don't know if SxSs are allowed or if they're just snowmobile trails. There aren't many 'central' locations here and we aren't allowed to use county roads to connect, Silverton being an exception - but everything is pretty much 'straight up' out of there and altitude = deep snow.

You have a chance though, we're in a severe drought and there might be some localized riding - Salida and Montrose get less snow than a lot of areas 'sometimes' but that's on a year to year situation which is wildly variable.

This is my first year with a SxS so I haven't ridden much of the state, life kept me close to home last summer so I can't speak about areas distant from Denver. There are a lot of places to rent snowmobiles but that could get expensive and you wouldn't be on your own machine.

Reactions: Tigermark and Coeus
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a guy in CO on you tube that does a lot of winter riding, Bullitt Outdoors, think he gives trail names in most of the videos. I know one trail is called 7mile.

Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!