P1000 Size of enclosed trailer?

L

Lasaun

Nov 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am wanting to buy an enclosed trailer to haul my 1000-5 in, what size would I need to keep from having to crawl out the back or side of it? Could I open the doors in a 7'? Also, what would the height need to be to drive in with a ramp?
Thanks!!

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
J

JimB1055

Nov 20, 2018
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 7x14 enclosed trailer and a Honda 1000-3. Its too small to get the doors open enough to step out. You would need a 8 x 14 to do that. I find myself crawling out the back. What ever you decide on don't forget about the height. More importantly, the rear overhead cross member. Remember the roof will add height also. This is a detail I overlooked, so now I have to air down the tires to get it in the trailer. Best to plan ahead. Good luck with it.

FiresteelFlyfisher

FiresteelFlyfisher

Lifetime Member
Dec 22, 2020
Upper Peninsula Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am wanting to buy an enclosed trailer to haul my 1000-5 in, what size would I need to keep from having to crawl out the back or side of it? Could I open the doors in a 7'? Also, what would the height need to be to drive in with a ramp?
Thanks!!
Dude, I have 2 Pioneer 1000-5s and the 2018 is an LE so its a little taller I recommend a 20 footer for 2 and get the special order
High gate opening 8'5" Tall by 8ft Wide is perfect amount of room to drive right up and into. PS get the power jack stand as well you wont regret it when you are 59 yrs old like me.
Rick

B

Brazula4life

Jan 19, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
7x16x7 I can fit my talon r lv and a 400ex with about 8 inches to spare. Tricky part is just loading the talon because the door cables. Just takes getting used to it. I'm 6.2 250lbs and I can open the door and shim my way out.

20210302 173457

B

BamaDave

Apr 28, 2021
South Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m looking to possibly going with a. 7’ wide version with a “get out door” to help get my old tail out! This will reduce overall drag pulling a wider trailer around. Now you have to determine what other things you want to haul around when considering how long of a trailer you need! I’m currently looking at a a 16 foot version and a front side door for storing the hunting gear I’ll be needing!

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have a 7x14 enclosed trailer and a Honda 1000-3. Its too small to get the doors open enough to step out. You would need a 8 x 14 to do that. I find myself crawling out the back. What ever you decide on don't forget about the height. More importantly, the rear overhead cross member. Remember the roof will add height also. This is a detail I overlooked, so now I have to air down the tires to get it in the trailer. Best to plan ahead. Good luck with it.
How tall is your door opening so we’ll know what’s too low? Sounds like you have a roof?

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!