P1000m5 7.5 wide enclosed trailer?

sjacobson48

sjacobson48

Apr 22, 2020
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is anyone on here currently using a 7.5 ft wide enclosed trailer for their P1000-5 ?
My trailer guy tells me he sells a lot of 7.5 ft wide trailers to SxS folks because they allow better vision behind you when towing versus a 8.5 ft wide version, yet still plenty of room inside for a SxS.
That sounds great.... but while I believe that to be true relating to a Polaris where the wheels are outside the main body and you can climb over if necessary....the P1000 is more like a box on wheels and I'm not sure you'd have the necessary space to get out?
He offered to let me check it out if I take my machine there... but it's a 2 hour drive and I was hoping to get input here before doing that?

Reactions: ChadD
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
7.5 feet, I assume is the trailer outside measurement, how much width inside? Measure that out on the ground to see if it's workable for you. Will you need to access the front of sxs, when it's in the trailer, to tie it down? Will the trailer have a side door, and if so, will it be located you can open the sxs driver door "into" that side door opening when you are clambering in and out? Or will you have to crawl over the front seat and out the back etc?

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My local trailer place hasn't had a 7.5' trailer on the lot in a couple years. I cant see an extra 2.5" on either side being a big improvement for the pioneer.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Is anyone on here currently using a 7.5 ft wide enclosed trailer for their P1000-5 ?
My trailer guy tells me he sells a lot of 7.5 ft wide trailers to SxS folks because they allow better vision behind you when towing versus a 8.5 ft wide version, yet still plenty of room inside for a SxS.
That sounds great.... but while I believe that to be true relating to a Polaris where the wheels are outside the main body and you can climb over if necessary....the P1000 is more like a box on wheels and I'm not sure you'd have the necessary space to get out?
He offered to let me check it out if I take my machine there... but it's a 2 hour drive and I was hoping to get input here before doing that?
Here ya go, I can verify it will fit Two P1K's & 1 P500 all at once or 1P1K / Talon 4X and living quarters.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That sounds great.... but while I believe that to be true relating to a FIRE TRAP where the wheels are outside the main body and you can climb over if necessary....the P1000 is more like a box on wheels and I'm not sure you'd have the necessary space to get out?
Fixed it for ya!

Yes you will fit!

sjacobson48

sjacobson48

Apr 22, 2020
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here ya go, I can verify it will fit Two P1K's & 1 P500 all at once or 1P1K / Talon 4X and living quarters.

Thanks Jackal..... But I can't pull that with my truck😂

Reactions: ChadD and Remington
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
You just need a 7' wide with an escape hatch on the driver's side:

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I use a 7' wide (outside) x 29' for my Talon X & P5, it's fkn tight but can be done. It's what I had, bought it for snowmobiles but they're gone. No sense in selling it to buy a bigger one in this market.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!