P1000 Floor Mount E-Track Pitch For Enclosed Trailer

J

jwbsub

May 15, 2016
Michigan
Hi all, first post long time lurker.

I have a 2016 stock Honda Pioneer 1000-5. I am buying an enclosed trialer and one of the options I am looking at is recessed E-track to tie down the SxS using wheel chock and strop or wheel net.

How far apart on center should I have the track?
Does chock plus strap verses wheel need make a difference?

Erickson chock plus strap shown

Thanks

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am on my way to pickup an enclosed trailer today. I did not add the recessed track to the trailer build. I will add it when i get it home and test fit my machines i will be hauling.
I spoke to a few of the members that have E-Ttack in there trailers. They all liked it but keeping it clean may be a challenge. Best advise i got was let the mud dry and then use a leaf blower or vacuum to clean it.
Also saw a few pieces mounted to the walls to be used for a lot of cool stuff!

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all, first post long time lurker.

I have a 2016 stock Honda Pioneer 1000-5. I am buying an enclosed trialer and one of the options I am looking at is recessed E-track to tie down the SxS using wheel chock and strop or wheel net.

How far apart on center should I have the track?
Does chock plus strap verses wheel need make a difference?

Erickson chock plus strap shown

View attachment 260236

Thanks
If your 2016 is completely stock, I'm guessing center to center on stock size tires would be around 54". If the trailer in the photo is the one you're looking at those e-tracks are going to be wider than you want for the Erickson system. I'd go with the tire baskets or bonnets. The only thing that the chocks do for you is locate the machine for you. After you tighten up the straps, bonnets, baskets, etc., the machine isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: Raynman and Lady01
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Measure to center of your tires and place it there.

if you change wheels or anything that affects track width be ready to move it.
You can see where mine was with spacers before I added the long travel. Stock width would be inside the stains by as much as it is outside the stains. Trailer is 7x12
D72F061A 719C 4172 8835 77C0CDB497D7

Raynman

Raynman

Sudo Flotation device inspector
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2019
Thumb area, Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Measure to center of your tires and place it there.

if you change wheels or anything that affects track width be ready to move it.
You can see where mine was with spacers before I added the long travel. Stock width would be inside the stains by as much as it is outside the stains. Trailer is 7x12
View attachment 260572
Exactly what I’ll be doing very soon, I love the e track system

Reactions: Lady01 and JenElio
Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed e-track in my enclosed trailer and I can't for the life of me remember how wide I measured center to center. I feel like it was 63" but don't quote me. I can measure when I get back to the house. I also use the Erickson chocks and I use just a 2" strap with the roller idler attachments just behind the tires.

Reactions: Lady01
B

BrotherNov

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed 4 sections of e-track horizontally across the width of the trailer in front of and behind each set of tires. That way I don't have to be as precise regarding where on the trailer I park.

Reactions: jeffasweet and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!